Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

40 size telemaster kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

40 size telemaster kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:32 PM
edmoor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40 size telemaster kit

cant find a way to close this thread....im finished with hasslesing with the plane.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Arvle

Default RE: 40 size telemaster kit

Go to Hobby Lobby international, there you will find a 40 size telemaster
Old 09-28-2010, 10:56 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Even at Hobby Lobby you will have to be content with buying just the plans and building your 40 Telemaster from scratch.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

There's a company in NY state that makes kits, I saw a link to it in this forum, sorry you got to find it, I don't remember which thread.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:03 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Building from plans is much easier than most seem to think. Being a draftsman, I enjoy drawing model airplane plans, among other things, and enjoy designing models from the ground up.

I notice that lately some folks are selling plans and templates for some of the really popular kits that have been discontinued. Templates take the strain out of scratch building and they let you choose the wood that you would like to use. Not some ultra heavy wood that is/was found in many kits.

Ed Cregger
Old 09-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

The Telemaster 40 kit won't be available until the New Year.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:29 AM
w8ye

The company in NY is the one that makes the kits for Hobby Lobby. The NY place is the one that is out of balsa and are waiting for the container to arrive from Honduras?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:13 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

There's something else going on. HL have screwed me around on a Micro Tele since the day after Thanksgiving.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Put up a want-ad on RCG, and you'll likely have one at your door within a week or so.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:11 PM
edmoor

ORIGINAL: MikeL

Put up a want-ad on RCG, and you'll likely have one at your door within a week or so.
whats rcg? this is rc universe.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:53 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

RC Groups.  Their forums are far better for getting things like out of production kits.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:25 PM
edmoor

ORIGINAL: MikeL

RC Groups. Their forums are far better for getting things like out of production kits.
ok.......i done that......i dont so far hear anyone knocking on my door or have tons of email yet either.....i suspect nobody has any.....and they cant find any.....in my opinion.....the company is in trouble somewhere.....giving the buyers the big runaround. they wont last long doing this......people get pissed at this type of stuff happening. like i said before.....its a sad situation.....they have a very good model.....absolutely no excuse to run out of wood.....or discontinue the model......they are playing games. i give them this one chance.....then im finished with the company. just like i did tower hobbies. they kept messin with me till i took all i could take. tower is history with me.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:27 AM
eagledancer

from what i am hearing all kit makers are having problems getting balsa, the wind electric generators are getting it all
Old 09-30-2010, 01:32 PM
turbojoe
My Feedback: (8)

I already had plans for the earlier Telemaster 40 design but fell into a deal for a complete kit and built it simply because I had it. So much of this plane is stick built that it's dang near a scratch built even out of the kit box. Get a set of plans, a couple of sheets of balsa, a [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAA63&P=ML]Master Airscrew balsa stripper[/link] and build your own. It won't take much longer than a kit build. You'll save a few bucks too.

Joe
Old 09-30-2010, 06:24 PM
edmoor

ORIGINAL: turbojoe

I already had plans for the earlier Telemaster 40 design but fell into a deal for a complete kit and built it simply because I had it. So much of this plane is stick built that it's dang near a scratch built even out of the kit box. Get a set of plans, a couple of sheets of balsa, a [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAA63&P=ML]Master Airscrew balsa stripper[/link] and build your own. It won't take much longer than a kit build. You'll save a few bucks too.

Joe
i could do that......but......from what i have seen.....20 bucks for plans......then how much more for balsa........might as well wait to find a kit.....and its cut. i went thru the same scenario with my hostetler taylorcraft......bought the plans.....ordered the wood......had a cutter cut it......what a waste of money. i ended up doing 99% of it myself anyway. cutter only cut out the ribs.....and they were wrong. i had recut them and order more wood......not mentioning who done the cutting either......we no longer do business together.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:27 PM
edmoor

i bought an older kit from a guy named tim wolfe. he told me had the wing halves built....and the hinges slots cut....which he did....and done a very super job on the wing. then after i sent him a check....he said the kit was missing the landing gear.....so he bought the wire for them. after i got the "kit".....there is no wood left over to build the fuselage or the tail feathers......no control horns....nothing. i bought a wing is all i got. several emails no response from him. BEWARE OF TIM WOLFE. i cant track down my pm from him they have been removed. as well as the original post's. who done that anyway?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:16 PM
w8ye

It would be less frustrating for you to buy the wood for the fuselage and go on with you life

I don't remember the kit including any hardware other than the landing gear anyway?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:24 PM
turbojoe

Sorry to hear you got scammed. That sucks! I hope you didn't pay a lot. Did you at least get the plans with the wings? If so then you're in good shape. The fuse build is mostly sticks with a few pieces that are easily cut using the plans as a guide.

Joe
Old 10-16-2010, 07:57 PM
edmoor

thats what i must do.....but my ***** is why i wasnt told this till after i bought it. kinda stupid to put out a kit with no hardware in the first place. no wonder hobby lobby is going out of business. i for one wont buy anything from hobby lobby. they are making us modelers a joke. they had the number one plane....the best selling plane.....yet you cant get one. come on......get real here. they are trying to pull crap over our eyes. i know of folks who have the mini on order since last year. still no plane. what exactly does hobby lobby call a kit anyway? a freakin box of wood with plans only? what a joke!!! im done with hobby lobby. end of story. and buyers beware of this fact!!!! they are not there for you.....they are there for for your money only. then your on your own. what a scam!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:32 PM
turbojoe

ORIGINAL: edmoor

thats what i must do.....but my ***** is why i wasnt told this till after i bought it. kinda stupid to put out a kit with no hardware in the first place. no wonder hobby lobby is going out of business. i for one wont buy anything from hobby lobby. they are making us modelers a joke. they had the number one plane....the best selling plane.....yet you cant get one. come on......get real here. they are trying to pull crap over our eyes. i know of folks who have the mini on order since last year. still no plane. what exactly does hobby lobby call a kit anyway? a freakin box of wood with plans only? what a joke!!! im done with hobby lobby. end of story. and buyers beware of this fact!!!! they are not there for you.....they are there for for your money only. then your on your own. what a scam!!!

The Telemaster series is and always has been a "builders kit". No laser cut puzzle pieces in this one. The latest version I got last year was still pretty much the same box of wood with no extras that I bought almost 30 years ago. This last one was updated mainly to show electric motor conversion. It even had the same crappy wood as the one from the 80's as well. I replaced most of it.

The entire R/C industry is having a hard time getting balsa right now. That's why a lot of kits are not available. Sig is in one heck of a mess now too with many kits unavailable. You can't blame it all on Hobby Lobby.

Calm down and let us know exactly what you got in the purchase. Was it less than what is normally included in the kit or simply less than you expected? Take inventory of what is in the box. Are you certain there isn't enough to complete the build? You'll be surprised at how much of a fuselage can be created from just a bundle of balsa sticks and a few slabs of 1/4" balsa. Post some pictures of what you have. If you have the plans and the manual you can easily inventory to see what you may need to finish the kit. Like I said a few posts above you can get a balsa stripper and a few sheets of wood and make it all work out easily.

Joe
Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 PM
turbojoe

If you don't have the build manual [link=http://s3.amazonaws.com/hobbylobbypdf/hla111-inst.pdf]HERE[/link] is the .pdf version of the latest manual from the Hobby Lobby website. If you have an earlier kit it may or may not have the same contents as shown on page 11. Check it and see.

Take a deep breath and relax. Take stock of what you have then come back here and let us see what we can do to help you get the build done.

Joe
Old 10-17-2010, 03:59 PM
edmoor

here is all i have left to make the tail feathers.....plus the fuselage. like i said.....i know i got ripped. if the guy would just have balls enough to reply to me that he screwed me would be fine. but he is ball less. wont even reply to anything. what a dick!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50747.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1518478  
Old 10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
edmoor

[:@] matter of fact.....i have his address.....i may just pay him a visit soon. i travel over the road in a truck.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
turbojoe

Is that a bundle of balsa sticks laying under the wings? If so then there may be enough to build the fuse. It looks like you have everything else but the main landing gear. Check what you have against page 11 of the manual. Do you have the plans?

Joe
Old 10-17-2010, 04:55 PM
edmoor

yes.....its 2 sticks of 1/8 x 1/2. a triangle pc, 3/8 x3/8,and a pc 1/2x1/2. all measuring 18 inches long. is this going to build the fuselage,,,,,let alone the the tail feathers? i wasnt born yestertday,,,,,,i been modeling since i was 12 years old. im 50 now. i have 3 pcs. of sheeting......18 inches long. one pc. is 1/4 inch thick....the other two are 1/8th. i have concluded that i got shaved on this so called kit. i can cut out my own wood as i have it on hand in bulk. the issue here is i got ripped....and he wont even acknowledge the fact, like i said,,,,i will find him shortly.....and square up.....on my terms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.