Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Internal layouts for Phaeton 90

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Internal layouts for Phaeton 90

Old 07-29-2003, 07:07 PM
TopRCDawg
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internal layouts for Phaeton 90

I am building a Phaeton 90 and would like to know how/where you mounted your internal stuffing (servos, receiver, tank, etc.). The plans do not show any of this. I would like to put a pull-pull rudder on and the engine will be a TT Pro 120.

Just wondering where others have put the innards of this plane.

Thanks for any answers provided.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:00 PM
mrorv
My Feedback: (1)

I'm building P90 also and plan to put servos in wing. Putting in 20 oz. tank so had to open up former a little to accomodate size. Don't know yet whether to put 4 aileron or leave as is. I have a TT120 in a 4*120 and it flies well but broke muffler mounting when installing. I plan to put MDS 148 in P90. mrorv
Old 08-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be doing my maiden on a P90 in a week or so. I used a 16 oz tank with saito 120 up front. Also used a pull pull system for the rudder. The servos for rudder and elevator are under the cockpit. I also used a tiller for the pull pull instead of fastening directly to the servo. Aileron servos are in the wings and went with 4 ailerons. This was a swap meet plane I got all framed up for $35. The wings were straight and the fuse and empenage were straight also. Just a few broken pieces from hanger rash. Its covered with solartex and painted with rustoleum and clear coated with lusterkote gloss. I debated moving the elev and rud servos further forward because I needed more nose weight. 2 packages of led from the hobby shop. But all in all, its not that bad. Overall weight is 13 lbs 4 oz. I will fly it as a slow aerobatic plane anyway. So keep that in mind when mounting equipment. But remember, you might want to put rec and battery under the servos. You might cut off access.
Edwin
Old 08-14-2003, 12:53 AM
flicka5

Default 13#?

Here is my Phaeton 90 flying and is not even close to 13 lbs.?? Now flying with a Webra .90.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	101533_4974.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	55717  
Old 08-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Blackhawk RCU
My Feedback: (5)

flicka5, What did you use as a cowl?
I have built two of the Phaeton and they are great. I used a ST 90 on the first one and a OS108 on the one I am flying now. This bird is so good that I had a mid air, lost both top and bottom wings right at the fuse and was able to do a 360 around the field and get it into the wind and down. The landing wasn't pretty but I got around OK as long as I kept the power on.

I like your color sceme!
Old 08-19-2003, 03:02 PM
flicka5

Used the original cowl with fiberglass liner. Look at my muffler on the right side of the cowl? No, the image isn't reversed. How did I do that?
Old 08-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Edwin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did a successful maiden flight on the P90 today. I'm definately gonna like this one. Mine was originally a swapmeet plane in the bones with a fair amount of hanger rash on it. Was worth the $35 I paid. Wings were straight and the empenage was straight also. It DID come out heavy, 13.3 lbs. But all in all with a saito 120 it flys fine, nice and slow with a lot of authority. On low rates it has a fairly quick roll and does a nice tight loop. I think the high rates I have will be too much so I'll tone it down a bit. Everything was built 0-0-0. Rolls are nice and axial. Stall was straight forward, sorta like elevatoring down. Didnt drop a wing. Touch of down elevator and flying resumed. Couldnt hardly call it a stall. Inverted for short periods of time took a light touch of elevator. I had a dead stick and was thankfully pretty high, but not a problem. Did two circles to loose altitude and did a perfect landing. Sorta floats and lands like my big Rascall110. Built with ailerons on bottom and top wings. Covered in solartex, painted with rustoleum and sealed with clear lusterkote. The original builder did slab sides on the fuse instead of open frame. Didnt know that at first, till the plans showed up. Would definately build it open framed on the fuse if I do another.
I'm a happy camper today. Two good flights. NEXT PLANE!!!
Edwin