Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

kit suggestions 0.15 size

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

kit suggestions 0.15 size

Old 10-02-2010, 07:10 AM
chemie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kit suggestions 0.15 size

Need ~0.15 size kit recommendation. I have a 1530KV motor which is max. 200 W along with ESC/BEC, receiver and LiPO 3S1300 which I want a home for. I can not find a cheap ARF in that weight range (22 oz / 600g fligth weight) and wondering if there are any kit options?
Old 10-02-2010, 08:13 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: kit suggestions 0.15 size

Look here http://www.flairmodels.co.uk/aircrafthome.htm
Many of those smaller kits can be adapted to r/c,, Many for sale on ebay all the time

Browse here too
www.radicalrc.com

Without knowing you and what style plane you like to fly, it's hard to make a specific suggestion,, There are kits out there,, good luck
Old 10-02-2010, 12:09 PM
chemie

I am open to any style but prefer more sport. I even thought briefly about the Swany Primo 15 but I think it would be a little under powered.

I buy from radical all the time but never checked out their kits before...Thanks.

Now something caught my eye.. Sig Wonder. Could this motor handle it? (It is a little on the heavy side but I might be able to build it real light).
• Operating Voltage: 7.4 ~ 14.8 V
• Max Continous Current: 12 A
• Max Power: 200W (RMS)
• KV (RPM/V): 1530KV
• Dimensions: 31 x 46.5 mm
• Axle Length: 23 mm
• Axle Diameter: 3 mm
• weight: 54.5g

Powered with 3S 11.1V 1300 mAH Lipo
Old 10-02-2010, 02:18 PM
kargo

Wonders are cool, have one myself. Its a little beyond a standard sport model but pretty forgiving slow (from a novice's perspective). I'd look at House of Balsa. The Super Decathlon .10 is an easy build and very sporty. I've got an electric motor from great planes in mine and love it.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:43 PM
stefanP
My Feedback: (2)

These are SWEEEEEEEEEEET Kits to build.Engineering that is put into larrys kits is second to none[ ]http://www.srbatteries.com/x250.htm There is no way to build his kits wrong.
stefanP

Old 10-03-2010, 07:45 AM
chemie

Stefan: That does look sweet and not bad price given all the hardware is included. It is a little on the high-end of my weight target but they spec a very heavy motor (90 g) versus my 56 g motor so that should bring things back down. Definitely on the list. My son (who this is for) vetoed the Wonder.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:56 PM
deatonbt

I don't know if these would interest you since some of them are trainer types. But, I have always thought that they are cool. I don't know what comes in the kit besides wood.
http://www.earlyrcmodels.com/

I purchased a Hellcat from the parent company. It is a kit in the old sense in that all hardware and wood was included. Everything was very high quality.
http://www.wingmfg.com/

Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 PM
huck1199

Herr  Engineering Aqua Star, Look on the Sig website.  I built one with electric instead of glow. Did not use the pontoons; I hand launch it and land on grass or snow.  
Old 10-03-2010, 05:30 PM
stefanP
My Feedback: (2)

I built the senior falcon from early models.Came with everything except wheels,motor mount and canopy.Plans are nice cad drawings.There are notes on the plans and thats it.No step by step instructions.As for herr kits,(throw in a bottle of quick ca) Shake well and out pops a kit!!!. Serious, they are great lazer cut kits.I also built the Aqua Star.Can't go wrong those kits either.
stefanP