Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

FYI - Sig to release Rascal 110 kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

FYI - Sig to release Rascal 110 kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 03:08 AM
CanDo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FYI - Sig to release Rascal 110 kit

I see that Sig still offers the 49" Rascal kit. I have this kit and it looks like it is well designed.Would it be practical to enlarge these plans to make a bigger Rascal? Can you buy just the plans? After looking at the plans again, I noticed they didn't draw the ribs. I guess it would take some CAD software to get the right rib shapes. Oh well, I tried!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: CanDo

I see that Sig still offers the 49'' Rascal kit. I have this kit and it looks like it is well designed.Would it be practical to enlarge these plans to make a bigger Rascal? Can you buy just the plans? After looking at the plans again, I noticed they didn't draw the ribs. I guess it would take some CAD software to get the right rib shapes. Oh well, I tried!
Buy the kit, outline all the parts with a black pen on white paper. Take the templates to Kinko's and they can make them any size you want, plans and templates are no problem. Cut your own kit.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Nergall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda need the ribs though, especially with an eliptical wing. You could always copy the airfoil from some other similar high wing plane though?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:50 AM
jessiej

I'll bet the airfoil is a Clark-Y or close to it.

jess
Old 10-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Nergall

Even if it's not, I'll bet that one would work just fine. Easy to build, and you'd just have to scale it down for each chord size on the eliptical wing.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
CanDo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gentlemen, I like your "can do" attitude! I just looked at my smaller Rascal kit, and the ribs look very similar to a Clark Y airfoil; the rib's bottom surface is flat from the spar back and it makes a slight upward curve from the spar forward.