Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies stopped carrying Sig kits/ARFs

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Tower Hobbies stopped carrying Sig kits/ARFs

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Quikturn
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies stopped carrying Sig kits/ARFs

I was on the Tower website and can't find any Sig kits. Is Sig going out of business or did Tower just stop carrying their product line?

As a side note, there are very little kit offerings in general. Very sad.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 AM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies stopped carrying Sig kits/ARFs

SIG is still in business. They are starting a run of King Kobra Kits the end of this month. I called them on Friday and talked to them, and placed an order. There seems to be a balsa shortage. Its all being sucked up by China and the big Wind Turbines that generate electricity, so I have been told. You can call them and check, I did.

Vince AMA 7051
Old 11-08-2010, 12:19 AM
carrellh

Tower stopped carrying SIG several months ago. There have been rumors of SIG going out of business. Hope they are just rumors. Fortunately SIG sells direct so anything they actually have is a mouse click or phone call away.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:59 AM
WCB

Don't hold your breath waiting on Sig. They told me back in June that they were starting to cut kits and ALL their kits would be in stock and ready to order by mid July. Didn't happen. I have read on here of people ordering a kit and it taking 8 months to receive it. I was at a hobby shop a couple weeks ago and they had just got a Sig kit that had been back ordered for months. Call first. Make sure it is in stock and ready to ship or you'll likely be waiting a long time.
Sig has changed hands and things are not going well. I sure hope they make a comeback.

wcb
Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 AM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

You could realy tell there had been a big change at the annual Sig fly in this year. It was the worst fly in I had ever been to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not down of Sig kits. Some of the best kits ever made. Present management has forgotten who they are and what they stand for. Sad![]