Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Top Flite Spitfire

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Top Flite Spitfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 AM
spadeng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite Spitfire

I am still in the planning stages for my next project, I was looking at a Top Flite Gold Edition Spitfire. For power I was wanting to put in a 20cc gasser, looking at the DLE 20. I was looking at a pitts to keep the exhaust in the cowl. Anyway my question is if this is too much motor for the plane. It looks like with the rail mounts it will fit on the motor mounts with a little finessing. Any comments.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:17 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Spitfire

I have used a 20cc Zenoah in a few 60-size warbirds and I think it's great
Old 11-19-2010, 11:43 PM
mkharv3

Sounds like a fun project Todd. I am almost done with my .60 Extra 300S (Electric). I just got my Red Bull color monokote.........

I will post some pics tomorrow on my thread if you want to check it out.

What else have you been up to?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:07 AM
spadeng

Wanted something with retracts and flaps and the gas 2 strokefuel is cheaper, I think building something semi scale would be fun. Havent messed with planes too muchHolidays coming up, Checkride at work, Dreaded PT Test
Old 11-21-2010, 10:07 AM
TomBates

I've also been looking at this kit but in my case I want to go electric. I'm not sure just what motor, ESC, battery combo to use. If I do build this kit it will be after I finish my 1st kit which is a MM SwitchBack Sr. This is going well without any serious problems. I'm sure the Spitfire will take a little longer to build.

Tom
Old 11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
spadeng

I think this is going to take a while get the kit and landing gear and do the wings-then when I get the air tanks fot the gear and start on the fusewill definatly be a plane to baby and take out on specal occasions
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Tomcat_104
My Feedback: (42)

We've bought the kit and my son comes home from college next week so we'll get the CA ready. We bought a RCV-90 for ours with a 4 - blade Bolly prop, we've got one on a P-51 and we love it. I'll follow your build and try to share with you where I can. Tell us what you think of the Zenoah gasser, I've got a G-62 sitting in a box and a giant scale P-40 waiting in the wind, but the Spitfire comes first and is my son's baby.

Good luck!