Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Newbie kit builder needs assistance...........

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Newbie kit builder needs assistance...........

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 12:38 PM
crashland73
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie kit builder needs assistance...........

I have only built one plane and that was the GP F14 Tomcat .60 size. That was a handfull in my opinion for being my first kit. Anyway I have just aquired a HUGE amount of balsa, enough for at least 4 planes and would like to build one out of scratch. But I need some info and would like plans that go into detail about the exact sizes of what to cut out. I may sound lame but I am not sure of what to ask for. I am in the mood for an Extra 300 style or a cap 232 or Edge style. I have flown the Ultra Stick 60, 120 and a PT17 stearman and a corsair and a 150 cessna .25 size. Oh and the F14 Tomcat. I hope I am not jumping too far ahead on getting a 300. If anyone has one to sell or at least loan it would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:40 PM
max1998
My Feedback: (23)

Default Plans

I have a set of plans new in the tube for a Sukoi SU26 I beleive.This is a fairly easy to build plane a friend of mine built on.It is a 120 size plane.The plans are through RCM.Email me if interested .They come with direction sheet also.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:14 AM
crashland73

i guess i should have mentioned before, i have a 61 super tigre for one. so i need a 60 size. or maybee a 40 size that would allow a 60 engine.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:19 AM
jettstarblue

crashland,
The best I can offer is to pick up a couple of the trade magazines, and check out all the great plans in the back (RCM is a good one for that.) They all come with the "construction article", or directions.

Jetts

Oh happy day!
Old 08-05-2003, 01:00 AM
Live Wire

Check the plan section in model aviation mag!!
Old 08-05-2003, 01:04 AM
crashland73

I've checked all that I can find on search on the web and ama and rcm and have only found a few but I am figuring on just buying a kit from tower and getting all the wood out and copying it over to other balsa and going from there. That way I can at least rebuild another one from one plan. The high way to do it but I cant figure out any other way.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:14 AM
max1998
My Feedback: (23)

Default Plans

RCM has plans for a real nice 46 size extra 230.I built one tears ago and now a buddy is doing one up.Excellent flyer hands of knife edge.Dennis