Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Senior Telemaster Kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Senior Telemaster Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 PM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Senior Telemaster Kit

Next Project? I am doing a 46 sized Funster.

Tom
Old 05-17-2011, 07:04 PM
NCHeliHead

ORIGINAL: iampilot2

Not sure, most likely something sport / scale. Post WW I mono plane? I still have the original STM wing to build.

Tonight I have been working on the left wing panel, installing servo, push rod and strut mounts.
I need to glue the aileron hinges in place, no fun. How is the best way to get epoxy into the slots?
I'm getting close to the point of having to do hinging. I plan on using plastic syringes to inject epoxy into the slots. Peachtree woodworking supply carries them.

As far as a next build, Balsa USA's sopwith pup looks like a fun build.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 AM
iampilot2

NCHelihead, thanks for the information.

I have looked at Balsa USA Pup web page many times over the past few weeks. Funny you should mention it.

-Brad
Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 155 Likes on 130 Posts

I shall probably be repairing my Flair Puppeteer!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 AM
iampilot2

The Puppeteer looks to be a nice model!

Not sure what the cost differences between Flair and Balsa USA but I really like the 1/6 scale BUSA Sopwith Pup
https://www.balsausa.com/store/produ...?id_product=38
Old 05-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

The BUSA kit is more accurate and you will not have to incur shipping costs. The Puppeteer costs £132 in the UK, about $215, so I'd imagine that the BUSA is cheaper in the USA.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:32 AM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Question for the Senior Telemaster gurus.

I have the Sr. Tele ARF with the hardwood joiner/dihedral braces for the 2 piece wing. Do I have to use the struts for trainer type flight without heavy aerobatics?

I was thinking of joining the wings and then taping them together with clear packing tape. Kinda like when you join wings with glass tape and glue but removable. Sound like enough?

Have mounted a Saito 90 twin on my Telemaster. Should sound great. I also have a 63" Funster for my follow up project.

Tom
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 AM
mylamo
My Feedback: (1)

The struts are very much functional. You need them regardless
of the joiner.You might get lucky and get it up and down without
a failure but I would not try it.
Ralph
Old 05-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

I agree with Ralph.

The stock arrangement is good enough for most types of flight but if you were to fit a metal strap under the fuselage and similar metal terminals to the struts you'd have a stronger arrangement.

Curiously the builder's kit does not feature struts at all but that's a one-piece wing. You might just get away with it if you glued the two wing halves together but then you might have storage and transportation problems.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:30 PM
iampilot2

ORIGINAL: noveldoc

Question for the Senior Telemaster gurus.

I have the Sr. Tele ARF with the hardwood joiner/dihedral braces for the 2 piece wing. Do I have to use the struts for trainer type flight without heavy aerobatics?

I was thinking of joining the wings and then taping them together with clear packing tape. Kinda like when you join wings with glass tape and glue but removable. Sound like enough?

Have mounted a Saito 90 twin on my Telemaster. Should sound great. I also have a 63" Funster for my follow up project.

Tom
I too would be more comfortable with a strut supported wing. I can only base this from my STM build, don't know the construction details of the ARF.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:06 PM
iampilot2

My plane is finished! I'm wanting to maiden it Tuesday of this week, weather permitting.

All of the small details are sorted out, time to fly it. I sure something will need tweeking.

Happy with the V-struts, I can push, pull or twist the wing into position. Well didn't really need to twist the wing, just a small jug downward on the right panel.

I removed the landing gear and set the fuselage on a level surface. Used a digital level to set equal diheadral<xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="267" defpriority="99" defqformat="false" defsemihidden="true" defunhidewhenused="true" deflockedstate="false"><w:lsdexception name="Normal" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="0" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 1" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 2" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 3" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 4" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 5" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 6" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 7" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 8" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 9" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 1" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 2" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 3" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 4" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 5" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 6" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 7" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 8" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 9" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="caption" qformat="true" priority="35" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="10" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Default Paragraph Font" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtitle" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="11" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Strong" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="22" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="20" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Table Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="59" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Placeholder Text" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="No Spacing" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Revision" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="List Paragraph" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="34" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="29" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="30" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="19" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="21" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="31" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="32" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Book Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="33" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Bibliography" priority="37" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="TOC Heading" qformat="true" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin-top:0in;mso-para-margin-right:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;mso-para-margin-left:0in;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style> and angle of attack for each wing panel.

I purchased this kit off eBay, the seller threw in (3) sets of wheels. Picked the Dave Brown set as the ones but didn't like the square shape. I spun them in the drill press and sanded
them to a nice round shape. Not leaving enough alone, I made hub caps from thin white aluminum sheet. Ironed on orange Solartex squares to finish.

Always liked the look of AMA numbers on the wings, ordered them and the Sr. Telemaster letters from B and E Graphix.

Need to get some R/C car small body clips from LHS to hold wing strut pins in place.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70583.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	1613107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86416.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1613108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48714.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	1613109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp38774.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	1613110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Am73401.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	1613111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vm82763.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	1613112  
Old 05-22-2011, 06:26 PM
DUCO

Nice my friend, I can but hope I can do 1/2 the job you have done...........
Old 05-22-2011, 07:01 PM
iampilot2

Duco,
I have been following your Telemaster 40 build, everything looks great! You will have a fine model when completed.
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-22-2011, 07:07 PM
DUCO

You know, I went back and looked @ the 1st of your thread to see how the frames were made f/ea side of the fuselage and you know, even though they are the same, they are different in their approach to assembley. I have went and looked @ severial and the fuselages are all the same, but upon close study, there are different about how you add the up-right stringers, but hey, as long as you get to the same results.............
Looking @ your fuselage build has helped me to understand better what the plans do not say!!!!!!!!!!![&o]
Old 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Very nice Brad. I'm sure it will fly well.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:25 PM
R/C Addiction

Just thought I would show a strut modification I made on my Senior Telemaster which is very simple and very effective...beats the design Hobby Lobby has and is much stronger. Initially I purchased some aluminum air foiled tubing to make the struts with but I have since changed to 1/16" X 3/4" aluminum bar stock that can be readily purchased at most hardware stores for $5.00. The reason for the change in materials was that the air foiled tubing fractured at the crush points after some flying. I drilled and tapped the wing hard mount point with a 1/4 X 20 tap to fit standard wing mount bolts. I did the same to the landing gear block just behind the main landing gear. I then hardened the new threads with CA glue and bought some knurled grip 1/4 X 20 wing mounting bolts to mount everything up. Very simple...very strong...and very easy to assemble at the field...and beats the crap out of the method illustrated in the Telemaster manual. All up the cost of the parts was about $7.00. Since I changed over to the flat aluminum bar stock material I have had zero problems and the Telemaster is a great flying plane. I have included a few photos to clearly show the installation (the pictures actually show the air foiled tubing which I have since changed to flat bar stock aluminum.)
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61197.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1613714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34156.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1613715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68724.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1613716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44781.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1613717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Al70599.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1613718  
Old 05-24-2011, 02:19 AM
box car

Jeff, very nice and clean looking. What engine are you using? I have a 23cc gas in mine.
Ken
Old 05-24-2011, 03:17 AM
R/C Addiction

Ken,
The engine is an RCGF 15cc with a 14X7 prop. Has plenty of power for what I want to do. I would say the power appears to be the equivalent of a .60 glow. It will loop from level flight and I can fly a long time on a 16 oz tank....and it's not even broken in yet. I have about a gallon of fuel through it now. I put it all together to teach anyone who wants to learn how to fly. If I were going to use it to carry any payload I would probably have installed a 20cc. The Telemaster flies great.
Jeff
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 AM
iampilot2

Jeff,
Looks good, thought about using the same engine but then I found the used XL.91 at a good price.
The RCGF 15cc weighs about 4 ozs more than my engine.
What type of flight battery are you using to power the ignition?
Power consumption rating of the ignition?

Please be aware that flat aluminum stock may bow during negative loads -outside loops or similar.
In my opinion the airfoil shaped tubing cracked due to the abrupt form marks left from crimping flat, in addition
the long distance from the form edge to the center line of the mount bolts. Constant flexing occurs during flight,
during windy conditions struts are exposed to extension and compression loads in level flight.

I used strut stock that has a heavy wall thickness, http://www.flygtm.com/products.php?type=struts&kit=2001
Old 05-24-2011, 04:27 PM
R/C Addiction

I am using a 4 cell 2000 mA NIMH on the ignition and a 5 cell 2000 mA NIMH for the radio. I have flown the model for at least an hour, to an hour and a half, total flight time in one day and I only have to put in somewhere around 600 mA back in both batteries. So somewhere around 300mA per hour is my experience. I really don't intend to do any negative G maneuvers so I think the strut material I used should be fine...I just use it just to tool around and give people stick time wanting to learn how to fly. I actually throttle the engine back to about half when just flying around. I am guessing the tank that came with the ARF is somewhere around 16 to 18 oz because I have yet to run it out of fuel in one flight...and I have flown around for 20 to 25 minutes with lots of fuel to spare. The RCGF 15cc I bought from BP Hobbies is a gem. Hand starts very easily...tunes easily...and has never given me a problem yet.
Jeff
Old 05-24-2011, 04:29 PM
R/C Addiction

I do appreciate the link for the thick walled strut material...been looking for it...thanks.
Jeff
Old 05-24-2011, 04:34 PM
iampilot2

Jeff,
Thanks much for the information, I will be thinking of your engine evertime I'm wiping all of the oil residue from my plane.
Very possible that an engine change may happen on my STM.

-Brad
Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 PM
R/C Addiction

I love the fact that I don't have to wipe off any glow fuel residue...just a few black specks here and there and I am mixing my oil at 25 to 1 right now while breaking it in...and did I mention that fuel is only $3.85 a gallon...and readily available too...
Old 05-24-2011, 04:58 PM
iampilot2

Yes but my $20 a gal fuel doesn't need mixing and at the end of the day I go home smelling funny.

ORIGINAL: R/C Addiction

I love the fact that I don't have to wipe off any glow fuel residue...just a few black specks here and there and I am mixing my oil at 25 to 1 right now while breaking it in...and did I mention that fuel is only $3.85 a gallon...and readily available too...
Old 05-24-2011, 05:58 PM
R/C Addiction

I do still love the smell of glow fuel exhaust....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.