Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Best Prop for a F4U Corsair & Extra 300?

Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Best Prop for a F4U Corsair & Extra 300?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:26 AM
RickShane
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Best Prop for a F4U Corsair & Extra 300?

Hello all, Two things here....
First I have a Topflight Gold Edition F4U Corsair 60that Ibuilt. (Has about7 flights on it with a Master Airscrew 13x6)It weighs 9 pounds and has a super tiger G90 on it. I havethe following props for it...MA 13x6, &14x6, I also have a APC 13x6.Out of thoseprops would be the best all around propto use? What's the difference between the 13x6 and 14x6? and the APC?

Second Ihave a 60 size Extra 300 with a STG90 on it,and on the box it says to use an 11x7 prop with the ST 90. I don't remember what prop I have on it now but it's an APC and flies great, but i would like to get a bit more speed out of it. What prop wouold make go the fastest, and what prop would bebest for aerobatics. Or is there even a difference?

Thanks!!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:56 AM
gunneredwards
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Best Prop for a F4U Corsair & Extra 300?

The prop question is dependent on how you want to fly... just speed, use the largest bight of air you can get i.e. ??x8 or more. For 3d, a 4 is good for pulling but lacking in speed and you can over rev the engine easier. As for the corsair, I liked the APC on mine better because it is lighter and spun up faster.