Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Daddy Rabbit and the Bleeder Tank

Old 01-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Daddy Rabbit and the Bleeder Tank

At last, after fiddling with my Daddy Rabbit for a year it is now dialed in and flying well, my new high wind plane. The fuel tank had to be mounted almost a foot from the engine and even a pump didn't help. I installed a two ounce bleeder tank right behind the fire wall and all is now well. After each flight I tweaked on the engine a little until I found the sweet spot. The SK .91 is running like a top and it isn't leaning out any longer. I know a lot of people don't think a bleeder tank works but it is working for me!! After I tweaked on it the rest of the afternoon was without a dead stick, I tried everything to get it to quit but it keeps on ticking!!
77 degrees but the afternoon, I was in a short sleeve shirt all day, not a cloud in the sky or a lick of wind.
Sorry Gene.
Gene[[8D]8D]
Old 01-29-2011, 06:16 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Daddy Rabbit and the Bleeder Tank

Well in West Michigan it's been 24 with light winds. Glad to hear the header tank worked for you.
John
Old 01-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JNorton

Well in West Michigan it's been 24 with light winds. Glad to hear the header tank worked for you.
John
Heat Wave!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't tried a header in years and from what I read here most people don't think they work.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:26 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well hey its 68 in my hobby shop in the basement, does that count? I wish I could see that Daddy Rabbit fly. I lived in Tuscon in the late 70's. I loved the desert but like the Great Lakes even more. I especially liked the hour I spent snow blowing the driveway this morning. Seriously I do like the 4 seasons, while living in the southwest everything was maƱana . Here you have a couple of weeks to do it four at the most or you wait until next year. I feel I live more in the present here.
John