Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

is SIG on it's death bed?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

is SIG on it's death bed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:06 PM
emilsanto
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is SIG on it's death bed?

I think from now on when i buy a kit of any brand that i like. i will copy/cut the kit right then andput the origanl parts back in the box. in other words srach them so i always have the orig. to look back to.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Nebbie

I had my LHS try and order me a 4*40. No luck, no estimated delivery date. Well, there are other shops nearby, guess I will drive around tomorrow and see what I can find.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Tarasdad

ORIGINAL: jcrosk

I was also they told they just received a couple of containers of balsa. Time to order those kits I've been wanting.
Good to hear! Hopefully by the time we get settled in from our upcoming move this weekend they'll have product available again. Time to finally decide between the Kadet Senior or Seniorita!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Nebbie

I picked up my 4*40 today. Drove to KC Hobby in Archdale, NC. They had the 40, a 120, and a Goldberg Cub in stock!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:17 PM
FNQFLYER

You guys ever heard about a place called Papua New Guinea, look it up and check out its exports you just might be surprised.  Now I'll go bush cause I figure my name might be on some Aussie modellers hit lists
Catch Ya
Old 02-22-2011, 04:01 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My LHS has a few SIG kits. Of course, most people ignore them and walk towards the ARF's. Not the LHS' fault, customer preference. The LHS owner even has the kits at the entrance of the store. Seems like they sell once in a few months/year. Not as eye-catching as the big ARF boxes.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: Nebbie

I had my LHS try and order me a 4*40. No luck, no estimated delivery date. Well, there are other shops nearby, guess I will drive around tomorrow and see what I can find.
http://www.gravesrc.com/category_s/1...show=30&page=2 in stock here.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:33 PM
hsukaria

I wish SIG sold the Rascal 40 in kit form. I have the ARF and it is awesome. I just worry that I might crash it someday and don't have spares (no ARF's from SIG anymore!!!)

This post started as SIG status, so a mention of their ARFs is also relevant. I don't see that SIG has been selling any ARF's for a very long time. I see knockoffs of their ARFs sold all over by the Chinese online sellers. I heard from here in RCUniverse that the same manufacturer(s) that used to make the planes for SIG now sell them direct. But I also notice that the hardware included in the ARF's is not the same as the SIG quality hardware.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:35 PM
hsukaria

ORIGINAL: FNQFLYER

You guys ever heard about a place called Papua New Guinea, look it up and check out its exports you just might be surprised. Now I'll go bush cause I figure my name might be on some Aussie modellers hit lists
Catch Ya
Aren't there cannibals and headhunters there? Or maybe that is a long time ago.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:06 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: hsukaria

You guys ever heard about a place called Papua New Guinea, look it up and check out its exports you just might be surprised. Now I'll go bush cause I figure my name might be on some Aussie modellers hit lists
Catch Ya
Yes that is true! I am from there, came over here for a better life with my family. 17 of us came over and I am the last one left, The reason I remember how many of the family came over is I just counted heads! Its kind of lonely over here but at least my freezers are full!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:21 PM
squeakalong
My Feedback: (8)

[8D]
Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Live Wire

Going ,Going, ggggggggooooooonnnnnneeeeee to the highest bidder
Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
LargeScale88

Sigs website says that the waco is in stock. Not sure if thats updated or not.

Jason
Old 02-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Live Wire

Well got to the CLUBHOUSE. Read it and weep I need a canopy for a SIG T34 Mentor
Old 02-23-2011, 03:46 PM
hsukaria

ORIGINAL: hairy46

Catch Ya
Yes that is true! I am from there, came over here for a better life with my family. 17 of us came over and I am the last one left, The reason I remember how many of the family came over is I just counted heads! Its kind of lonely over here but at least my freezers are full!
I think I am going to "head" out to Papua New Guinea. Maybe if I "toss them a bone", they'll give me some balsa wood?
Old 02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
hairy46

Catch Ya
I think I am going to ''head'' out to Papua New Guinea. Maybe if I ''toss them a bone'', they'll give me some balsa wood?
While over there as a word of advice, Dont eat at the Shrunken Heads are Us Buffet! Unless you take two or more friends with you!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:35 AM
hsukaria

Catch Ya
I think I am going to ''head'' out to Papua New Guinea. Maybe if I ''toss them a bone'', they'll give me some balsa wood?
While over there as a word of advice, Dont eat at the Shrunken Heads are Us Buffet! Unless you take two or more friends with you!
Suddenly, I'm becoming a vegetarian.[:-]
Old 02-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had no idea SIG was for sale. And lots of people are commenting how great it is now that SIG has been sold. What's up?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 AM
hairy46

Catch Ya
Vegetarians taste good served over rice with a side veggy!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:34 AM
hsukaria

Catch Ya
The price you gotta pay for balsa wood these days!!! I see why foamies are getting more common.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:57 PM
hairy46

Catch Ya
The price you gotta pay for balsa wood these days!!! I see why foamies are getting more common.
Oh you just looking for balsa? Call me and we can chew the fat about balsa! also go with a side veggy!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sig has been sold! See Clubhouse....
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
iforbes
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: tailskid

Sig has been sold! See Clubhouse....
For those not familiar with The Clubhouse...click here.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:38 AM
psgugrad
My Feedback: (2)

yes...if there's demand for something then the price goes up....when the price goes up competition enters the market...then the price goes down. It's the same for anything