Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig Rumor **

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig Rumor **

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Terry Bolin
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sig Rumor **

I have heard a few things said & read a few post about Sig Manfacturing having problems in the last few months and one hobby shop told me : They are closed! NOT true ** They do have new owners (I did read on a post) But they are alive and doing well from what I see. ... I ordered two kits and other items Monday of this week and WA-LA...They were delivered today by Fed - X .(Friday)
GREAT SERVICE.. GREAT PEOPLE... GREAT Company..I've been using Sig stuff since 1970 and Glad to see them doing well! Order a kit from Sig, learn to build instead of buy and lets keep them going strong...We cant afford to loose them! Thanks for looking ..............Terry Bolin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32080.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	1577657  
Old 03-12-2011, 04:56 PM
LargeScale88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Rumor **

I never knew that Sig got new owners. Thats great that they are back on their feet! I love Sig airplanes, they go together easy and fly great!

Lets keep supporting sig!

Jason
Old 03-12-2011, 05:51 PM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Yes, great news.

No ARFs at least yet but I checked the web site and the classic kits are in stock including Senior, Seniorita, LT 40, 4 Star 40 and 4 Star 60.

Yeah!!!

Tom
Old 03-12-2011, 06:38 PM
JNorton

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the rumors I really hope comes true is that Sig is planning on releasing the Rascal 110 as a kit. I would like to see the 40 sized released as a kit also.
John
Old 03-12-2011, 06:45 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: JNorton

One of the rumors I really hope comes true is that Sig is planning on releasing the Rascal 110 as a kit. I would like to see the 40 sized released as a kit also.
John
Italked to a couple of people at Sig and I'm not supposed to know yet!!!!

But Sig will be making an announcement on this in Toledo!!!You can count on RCUofficially bringing you that announcement when it happens!!

But yes, there is a Rascal 110 kit coming!!!!

Ken
Old 03-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ken, what aren't you supposed to know, the Rascal or the buy out?? I caught the rumor of the buy out a couple weeks ago but haven't seen anything offical yet and for once kept my big mouth shut. That could happen again??
Old 03-12-2011, 07:16 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Ken, what aren't you supposed to know, the Rascal or the buy out?? I caught the rumor of the buy out a couple weeks ago but haven't seen anything offical yet and for once kept my big mouth shut. That could happen again??
Gene,
Actually, both. Iknew about the Rascal back in January. I also knew that there was the possibility for news about the ownership of Sig, but that was all Iknew back in January. When Igot word of the sale I made a call to Sig and that one was verified.

Ken
Old 03-13-2011, 07:28 AM
crash bandicoute

SWEEEEEEEET.....
Old 03-13-2011, 07:34 AM
crash bandicoute

do have to say i was very tempted yesterday. my LHS has a kit for the LT-40 and the LT-25. took everything i had not to buy them both. glad to hear someone else is in charge over there. i'm so addicted on this building jazz. it's like crack. i can't quit. who knows WHEN the nice weather is going to come so i can spend my time crashing. or should i say 'controlled ditching'. i need to find a seaplane i like so i can just fly and it get wet anyways...

not belonging to a club right now, i wouldn't know... but is it pretty easy to build and sell to others? do people still do that?i guess kind of like buying a BARF...

Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 AM
noveldoc

Yes, that is an important part of building, crashing. How else can you justify a new kit? And if you mope around and look pitiful enough the wife may just tell you to stop whining and get one.

I refer to it as a R U D, Rapid Uncontrolled Disassembly.

Tom
Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: crash bandicoute

do have to say i was very tempted yesterday. my LHS has a kit for the LT-40 and the LT-25. took everything i had not to buy them both. glad to hear someone else is in charge over there. i'm so addicted on this building jazz. it's like crack. i can't quit. who knows WHEN the nice weather is going to come so i can spend my time crashing. or should i say 'controlled ditching'. i need to find a seaplane i like so i can just fly and it get wet anyways...

not belonging to a club right now, i wouldn't know... but is it pretty easy to build and sell to others? do people still do that? i guess kind of like buying a BARF...

I wanted a float plane and always liked the looks of the Swoose from MAN plans. As luck would have it last week I was looking for some info in a 89 MAN float plane edition and discovered the building article for the Swoose. Tall cotton time!! It's one cool float plane.
Building planes you like and trying to sell them is a looser. People will spend hundreds on an ARF but for some reason won't pay spit for a kit or scratch built plane?? Go figure. I build a lot for other people, less then before I moved here to NV but I still get asked a lot. It's always a customer supplied kit. I set the price before the build and make sure in advance exactly what they want done. I can make a few bucks, it's about a $1.00 an hour if your lucky. Now days if I'm going to do a scratch build for myself I will tell the guys at the field and build two with 50% of the price up front. It's still almost a buck an hour in my pocket, if it's a fast and easy build!!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 AM
crash bandicoute

i ordered a set of plans for the seamaster II and wouldn't you know it there was one hanging in the LHS yesterday for sale. decided i didn't like it because of the flat bottom. i hear they're nice planes, but i cancelled the order and am going for a set for an anderson kingfisher instead. may be my scale project for upcoming winter/next summer completion. i'll look for the swoosh, as well. i wish sig had something other than the little seaplane on their site. (big hint- hint for those in the power seats) what's that called, 'co-signing' when they sale it for you? maybe i'll look into that. i can't stop building though. i'm starting to get into trouble with the wife for spending my days off building instead of cleaning. WHAT'S WRONG WITH WOMEN? i got priorities... well i'm glad sig has some new heads on their shoulders. maybe we'll start seeing some other stuff. i would like one of their astro hog kits in a .40ish size. i'd rather buy another plane than a new motor. (another hint-hint)
Old 03-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Minnreefer

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

I wanted a float plane and always liked the looks of the Swoose from MAN plans. As luck would have it last week I was looking for some info in a 89 MAN float plane edition and discovered the building article for the Swoose. Tall cotton time!! It's one cool float plane.
Let me know if you build the swoose, I have always liked the look of that plane as well. I read one build review about it, the only thing that he would change, he would maybe make it a little bigger. What issue on MAN is the article in, that plane is in my long list of planes that I want to build.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 AM
ARUP

I rec'd a supply of butyrate dopes and thinners from a few days ago. They are getting nitrate dopes and thinners soon. A 1/4 Cub kit is on the way.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
fly20

Anyway to tell whats in stock or out on their website? I'm wanting another 4 star 20 and want to finish it before the weather gets too nice to build.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 AM
crash bandicoute

i'm looking for a 4*20 also for a .25LA, but not ready to buy and build just yet. i'm finishing up on a couple of other planes. they don't ever list anything as available or not on their website, but here's their contact info. hope it helps.

SIG Business Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (weekdays)

Phone: +1 641-623-5154
USA Modeler's Hot Line (For tech support): 641-623-0215
Fax: 641-623-3922
E-mail for Order and Product Queries: [email protected]
USA Toll Free Orders: 800-247-5008
Web Site Queries and Comments: [email protected]
Old 03-16-2011, 09:57 AM
fly20

Thanks Crash. Calling today.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:30 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Not much luck with Sig. I placed an order over three weeks ago and nothing, no sign of life coming from Sig. No replies to emails, or phone calls. To bad I like there kits. On to the next manufacture!

TB
Old 04-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

They had a booth at Toledo. Looked pretty much same as previous years, didn't stop by however.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

We talked with them at the Sig booth. As soon as I get their video edited I'll post up a copy in this forum

Ken
Old 04-04-2011, 01:30 PM
JNorton

I'm anxious to see it. The way I see it there are not many kit manufactures left to just blow one off. I've gotten everything I've ordered from Sig although it sometimes took awhile.
John
Old 04-04-2011, 03:02 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

So I finally heard from Sig today (in the final hour). They are waiting on balsa, late May is the estimated delivery date for my Spaicewalker.

TB
Old 04-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

A Rascal 110 as a kit? I would score one of those for sure, slap floats on him, a thing of beauty.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:16 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: Roary m

A Rascal 110 as a kit? I would score one of those for sure, slap floats on him, a thing of beauty.

Well, unfortunately Ihave a little bad news on this item. They have put the Rascal kit on the back burner and are now going to go with a Rascal 110 ARF. I don't like it any better than anybody else, but it does happen. With the new owners they have to pick and choose projects to do first that will bring in cash flow quickly. They feel that they will have more money rolling in from the ARFsooner than they would from a kit. They didn't say the kit was dead, just on the back burner for now.They may very well do it later on down the road.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys

Ken
Old 04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
JNorton

Well I guess I'll just have to scale the 40 size up and make my own. I don't want the ARF. Sig covering was in my opinion China Kote crud. UGH.

To say I'm disappointed is putting it too mildly.
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.