Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Tiger 60 build

Old 05-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Tiger 60 build

Ok ive been hankering for a bigger sport plane powered by electric and i love trike gear for smooth looking touch and goes, so the tiger 60 has been selected and is now in stock and im trying to figure out power system and details. I have in stock several axi 4130-16 motors, and a eflite .46. My biggest problem i suspect will be prop clearance, so im planning on going with as large foam tires as i can reasonably put on without it looking goofy. I'm thinking 6s 5000mah and a 15" 3 blade prop on the axi.
any ideas or suggestions on a power system? i have no aversion whatsoever to buying new motor for the project.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:44 PM
KitBuilder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Tiger 60 build

I believe you'll get better a response in the electric forums since this is more of a power configuration question than a building question. If the your going with the 60 kit and not the ARF you can probably save weight in various areas since it was a glow design and built to handle the add'l vibration associated with glow.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:44 PM
KingCobra
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Tiger 60 build

Constrictor,

Check the Hobby Lobby Webpage for your motor:http://www.hobby-lobby.com/brushless_axi4130.htm That will give you info on ESC and props to use with it.

Also, follow the link to the "Axi Motor Selection Tool" for other options. Good luck and keep us posted on progress.