Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Aresti 40

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Aresti 40

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 12:56 PM
rideredintn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aresti 40

I recently purchased an Aresti 40. On the maiden flight the firewall seperated from the fusalage and crashed. I have read on this forum that the Aresti has had some problems of not having enough glue to keep the plane together. I hope that the manufacturer will make it right and supply me with another fuse but only time will tell. Lucky enough for me the only damage was to the servo and its mount and the pulled out firewall. Hopefully anyone else who has an aresti will check for the proper amount of glue at the firewall.

estacy
Old 08-17-2003, 04:59 PM
glowfuel

Default Yep

Hi:

Also have an Aresti 40 and noticed mine was a little 'light on the glue' in the firewall. As a rule of thumb, I usually fuel proof the firewall/fuel tank area with epoxy. Glad I did. Good luck in getting a new plane/money back. Hope it works out for you friend.

David
Old 08-18-2003, 12:26 AM
rideredintn

Default re: aresti

I e-mailed hangar 9 thursday, no response yet. I hope they just send me a new plane. If they do I will go over it a lot better and re-glue all the joints I can get to.

estacy
Old 08-18-2003, 01:35 PM
rideredintn

Default Hangar 9 support

Contacted Horizon Hobbies today by phone. They want me to send them the fusalage so they can determine what was wrong with the plane. They said once determination of the cause was made they would send me a new fuse and tail feathers.

estacy
Old 08-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Leobid-rc

Default Aresti experience

I too own an Aresti and haven't had any problems with the plane.

When it came to me the elevator control surfaces were missing.

I called New Horizon and the tech I spoke with was polite and after a few questions to deterine that I was legit said he would have a new tail section kit sent out to me.

I received the horizontal stab with elevators, and the rudder with vertical stab as well within a week. Good service from my point of view.

The plane flies fine with none of the glue problems found in the other posts.

Leo
Old 08-26-2003, 10:30 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Default Aresti 40

I got my Aresti today, the first thing I did was glue the wings together the secong thing I did was fiberglass the back of the firewall to the fuse. I also applied thinned epoxy to several areas in the fuse. It should be just fine. The rest of the plane looks really good.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:57 AM
rc-sport

Default Aresti 40

Well I had several flights on my Aresti over the weekend and I'm very happy. All flights were in 15mph winds I was amazed at how stable this plane is. I may have gotten bit by the pattern bug because of this plane.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Leobid-rc

Default Aresti 40

Sport, thanks for the update. I too have had my Aresti out several times and it flies great. I have to adjust the CG on mine, it's a little nose heavy but I like a plane with a little extra weight in the front rather than tail heavy.
Mine rolls better to the right - a little sloppy to left. Got to work on the CG and aileron travel.

MY Aresti is basically stock. I changed the pushrods from the wood to carbon fiber Dave Brown shafts. The rest is out of the box.

Leo
Old 09-04-2003, 10:43 AM
rc-sport

Default Aresti 40

Leo, I found I had to increase the throws beyond the recommended range, especially on elevator or it would nose over when I taxied. Did you balance at 3.5" or 3.75"? Did you have to add tail weight to balance?
Old 09-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Leobid-rc

Default Aresti 40

Ya, my CG is probably an inch off and it does nose over if i'm not careful. I Point it into the wind and give it up elevator until I get some ground speed. I'm hoping that with some weight in the tail it will taxi better.
I was just lazy when it came to proper balancing. I didn't want to stick a press on weight on the underside of the fuselage so I am flying it until I find a way to add the weight.

I might have to cut the ultra cote and get at the inside at the back and then put a sticker of decal over the hole.

Any Ideas ?
Old 09-04-2003, 11:49 AM
rc-sport

Default Aresti 40

NAH,I just stuck a weight on the tail. Because of the servos and pushrods I couldn't get the battery as far back as I wanted to.