Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Not one single kit!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Not one single kit!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:32 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Not one single kit!

ORIGINAL: sensei

ORIGINAL: joebahl

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

Who the heck wants to build a kit anyway... I am only in this for the chicks.

Bob
I with this guy. The only reason I'm in this hobby is for all the beautiful FeiBao women from Korea, and the Budweiser girls!!
If this is the attitude of our up and coming guys in our hobby we are in trouble . Its not the rc guys who fought for us in the 50.s to sucure our radio channels so we did not get shot down by a truckers CB radio. These are not the people who just protected us from the FAA a couple months ago. These are guys who tell their girlfriends they are headed to the field and then end up at the strip club. They want to sound cute but come off like a ars. joe
Really,

it was just a way to make light of this whole good for nothing type of thread that always turns into (My woo, woo is bigger than yours) LOL. For the record, I am not an up and coming hobbio at this either, I have also done my dues in this hobby over the last 40+ years and yes things have changed, so just deal with it, crying about the way things were doesn't do anything positive. This forum (Kit Building) is for those that need help building, or for those that want to share their building ideas.

Bob
I agree this is forum is for sharing building planes and for help to some one who are trying to. So how does statements by thos two help in any way shape or form ? I think there are some here that want to learn more and some who have a couple minutes to goof off and post nothing at all worth while . The two who posted made it clear they buy arfs for the women . lmao Great posts buy true builders . joe
It was just a joke, as is this whole thread that also has nothing to do with building in the first place, hello... Question, do you have anything of profound value to add to the build forum? Any build threads, anything new??? LOL

Bob
I just finished my short solent seaplane build thread on another site but iam getting ready to start another scratch build As soon as winter gets here. I took a break to hit the seaplane flyins in IL and IN before i start making balsa dust again. How about the rest of you got any threads going on now ? I have a friend scratch building a 25% beech starship on another site so i have been watching his build also . It has 16 servos 2-85cc DA motors ,12 ft wing with a 60 inch canard . lol he likes em big . joe
Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Bob
I with this guy. The only reason I'm in this hobby is for all the beautiful FeiBao women from Korea, and the Budweiser girls!!
If this is the attitude of our up and coming guys in our hobby we are in trouble . Its not the rc guys who fought for us in the 50.s to sucure our radio channels so we did not get shot down by a truckers CB radio. These are not the people who just protected us from the FAA a couple months ago. These are guys who tell their girlfriends they are headed to the field and then end up at the strip club. They want to sound cute but come off like a ars. joe
Really,

it was just a way to make light of this whole good for nothing type of thread that always turns into (My woo, woo is bigger than yours) LOL. For the record, I am not an up and coming hobbio at this either, I have also done my dues in this hobby over the last 40+ years and yes things have changed, so just deal with it, crying about the way things were doesn't do anything positive. This forum (Kit Building) is for those that need help building, or for those that want to share their building ideas.

Bob
I agree this is forum is for sharing building planes and for help to some one who are trying to. So how does statements by thos two help in any way shape or form ? I think there are some here that want to learn more and some who have a couple minutes to goof off and post nothing at all worth while . The two who posted made it clear they buy arfs for the women . lmao Great posts buy true builders . joe
It was just a joke, as is this whole thread that also has nothing to do with building in the first place, hello... Question, do you have anything of profound value to add to the build forum? Any build threads, anything new??? LOL

Bob
I just finished my short solent seaplane build thread on another site but iam getting ready to start another scratch build As soon as winter gets here. I took a break to hit the seaplane flyins in IL and IN before i start making balsa dust again. How about the rest of you got any threads going on now ? I have a friend scratch building a 25% beech starship on another site so i have been watching his build also . It has 16 servos 2-85cc DA motors ,12 ft wing with a 60 inch canard . lol he likes em big . joe
So you do build, very good!

Bob
Old 08-23-2011, 11:18 AM
GSNut
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure Joe,

Am on a couple of boards in England and one in Germany.
They like the Big Birds there too. Was able to get the SE5 information and documentation from the WWl site. There is a site here in the states by a real craftsman building the SE5. Beautiful Museum Quality Work.

Cheers Joe

Have some 5 battery packs to build up for a friend.
.......[:-]
If the flies get to bad just swat em with the (Block Swatter)

Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 AM
oldtyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kudo's Bob............some posters in this thread are getting awfully tedious..................[>:]
Old 08-23-2011, 11:42 AM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thx for the kind words a couple pages back guys..........tried to respond a couple days ago to this this, but i see RCU is still broken, or won't load up.
really glad i have patience to build, or i'd probably just give up trying to talk here.

i would add though that with the state of the economy and the amount of people out of work here being what it is, it's time to setup some ARF plants right here in the USA.
pricing should be bout the same, and maybe with some very little effort, a kit version could be done of one's favorite ARF............tired of seeing China eating better than we do.

BTW, here is a thread that was posted on RCU a while back showing an ARF plant...............

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_79...tm.htm#7930272
Old 08-23-2011, 11:48 AM
joebahl

Bob
Really,

Bob

Bob

Bob
Yea i build a little. lol joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18129.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	1652663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94038.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1652664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51140.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1652665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21325.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1652666  
Old 08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

ORIGINAL: summerwind

thx for the kind words a couple pages back guys..........tried to respond a couple days ago to this this, but i see RCU is still broken, or won't load up.
really glad i have patience to build, or i'd probably just give up trying to talk here.

i would add though that with the state of the economy and the amount of people out of work here being what it is, it's time to setup some ARF plants right here in the USA.
pricing should be bout the same, and maybe with some very little effort, a kit version could be done of one's favorite ARF............tired of seeing China eating better than we do.

BTW, here is a thread that was posted on RCU a while back showing an ARF plant...............

That's one hell of a nice factory operation that CMP has. Any one of those girls could come to the US and start doing that here ... and make big buck$.

Just give it time ...
Old 08-23-2011, 01:06 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one hell of a nice factory operation that CMP has. Any one of those girls could come to the US and start doing that here ... and make big buck$.

Just give it time ...

If you find people willing to work for $1.00 per hour like the average worker in industrialized cities in China, you would be able to compete... I agree that our standard of living is taking a nose dive, wut it still will take some time until that day arrives...

Gerry

Old 08-23-2011, 03:15 PM
sensei

Bob
Really,

Bob

Bob

Bob
Nice little airplane you got there, good job for sure. I dabble in a little building myself.

Bob
Old 08-23-2011, 03:35 PM
joebahl

Bob
Really,

Bob

Bob

Bob
Nice little airplane you got there, good job for sure. I dabble in a little building myself.

Bob
Thanks bob .i think my next one will 2 or 3 less motors ,i had to plank all the neccelles and it was a pain . My 8 year old son helped cut out some parts and sand the fiberglass tip floats to get ready for paint . We are working on his trainer (kadet sr) with bomb bay doors that he wants to drop paratroopers and flour bombs. I am training him to build my planes when i get old. lmao joe
Old 08-24-2011, 07:35 AM
ARUP

I think the USA could compete with arf's, kit, etc. if it weren't for unfair trade practices- MFN and 'capital flight'. But what do I know!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:18 PM
mjfrederick

Bob
Really,

Bob

Bob

Bob

Bob
Thanks bob .i think my next one will 2 or 3 less motors ,i had to plank all the neccelles and it was a pain . My 8 year old son helped cut out some parts and sand the fiberglass tip floats to get ready for paint . We are working on his trainer (kadet sr) with bomb bay doors that he wants to drop paratroopers and flour bombs. I am training him to build my planes when i get old. lmao joe
Let's see how many quotes we can imbed before the original stuff is illegible... C'mon guys, is this really necessary? You don't have to quote every single previous post...
Old 08-24-2011, 01:59 PM
sensei

ORIGINAL: mjfrederick

Bob
Really,

Bob

Bob

Bob

Bob
Let's see how many quotes we can imbed before the original stuff is illegible... C'mon guys, is this really necessary? You don't have to quote every single previous post...
This thread is about nothing worth while, is it not... LOL

Bob
Old 08-25-2011, 03:37 AM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Airplanes400,

Get me a job with the Fed Gov. I'm in Jupiter.

I'll give you my NIB, CMP P-40 and NIB, CMP P-51.

Yea, yea, I know, there's always a little cash also for this kinda stuff. That can be aranged.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:16 PM
joebahl

If your living in FL your suposed to be retired already and yelling and the youth making noise were you golf or fly. lol joe
Old 08-30-2011, 07:14 PM
davidgeorge212

Hey, anyone seen this yet?

Looks like hobby kings coming back over to the light side. They now sell laser cut kits "Making it an ideal choice for the ARF/RTF generation to get all nostalgic and scratch build a plane again, without a large time or financial commitment." - That quote is from hobby king not me.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...580mm_KIT.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16415
Old 08-31-2011, 07:32 AM
ARUP

That Hobby King add makes me feel old! I can't imagine waxing nostalgic about building kits!!!! I always bulds kits or scratchbuild!