Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

RCM Plans Service

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

RCM Plans Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Roby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RCM Plans Service

Good morning everyone.

How do you get through to anyone at RCM plans service. I’ve tried to call and have sent
an e-mail but no contact has been made . I know this very same issue has been covered
on this forum several times before but I don’t recall the details.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Roby
Old 09-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: RCM Plans Service

It was just in the last month this was covered. They don't answer the phone or email, they are very slow but you get your plans sooner or later. They have always been slow, even when RCM magazine was in operation. Do a search here to find the thread.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:35 AM
box car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered plans 3 weeks ago got them yesterday. I have ordered lots of plans from RCM never had a problem.
Ken
Old 09-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Roby

Gray-
If they don't answer the phone or e-mail how do you get the plans ?

Roby
Old 09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

Go to http://www.rcmplans.com/ and order on-line!

Bart
Old 09-27-2011, 11:44 AM
ser00

Hi Roby,

I have ordered from them in the past and it does take some time to get your plans. Usually 3-5 weeks. Also, please note that all you get in the plans and the build article - no pictures of the actual build itself. I have many of the RCM magazines scanned from 1981 through 2003. If you let me know what plans you ordered/ month and year, I can send you the build article with the pictures.

Happy flying and soft landings!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: Roby

Gray-
If they don't answer the phone or e-mail how do you get the plans ?

Roby
They do read there email to take orders, if you have a question they don't reply. Years ago they used to answer the phone but sense computers are something everyone has they must think the phone is no longer used to order plans with? Just used to ask where the heck your plans are. It takes them a while but you get your order. If your looking for plans Model Airplanes News also has a plans section and they are faster. Crap for a magazine but good plans.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:43 PM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Agree the MAN service has been good and fairly fast.

Tom
Old 09-28-2011, 08:57 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered a set of plans about a month ago and it did take a couple of weeks to get them, I was very pleased with the service. They did give a copy of the text of the construction article, and also advised that the entire article could be purchased if desired. They even threw in one of the old RCM decals.

RCM was a fantastic magazine. Not sure about the last few years, but it was invaluable to me for many years. The fact that all of the kits are going away makes these old magazines with their plans way more valuable. Any of these can be laser cut now into a kit. RCM probably had the most designs that were turned into kits. I really hope that the service that RCM plans and MAN plans provides does not go away. That would have a huge impact on us who still prefer to build.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Gray Beard

An RCM decal?????? Priceless!!!! Haven't seen one in years. RCM plans are very good and they may have a better selection then MAN??? They always were slower then MAN but I always got them without problems. Sure wish there was a magazine as good as RCM used to be. Sure got tired of paying for nothing but adds and articles on ARFs. I no longer subscribe to any of them.
MAN plans no longer sends the building article with there plans. Not that the copy they set helped a lot but it was something.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:11 PM
AERORICH73

Hi fellows: My RCM Plans catalog lists their address as: RCM PLANS, PO BOX 1565, GOLD BEACH, OREGON 97444-1565, PHONE # 541-247-2222. My parents move us to Brookings, Oregon in 1946, which is about 38 miles south of Gold Beach. I am very familar with the area, and suspect the people who do the plans service are retired, and work at the job part-time when not fishing in the ocean, or the Chetco River. I have been marking some plans that would be nice to have, so this discussion is something of interest to me as to the time span for deliveries. The plans already received had the building article included which was a nice plus. Ordering them by mail might be a faster way than on the internet, as they may not be using their computer every day.

Cheers!!!

Richard
Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 AM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

Gold Beach, OR, is on the Rogue River. However, the Chetco is a good one as well.

Regards,
Bart
Former Grants Pass resident (also on the Rogue River)
Old 09-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Roby

Thanks everyone,

I think I'll just send a money order , (snail mail) and a request in writing as to what I want and then wait it out.
I won't do anything on line with a company that doesn't answer the phone or respond to a e-mail.

By the way , the plans I'm interested in is number 454 Culver cadet. My grandson wants to build one to the
the plans (58") I like bigger stuff so I'll just double the size.

Thanks again,
Roby
Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 AM
RWeston

I too have ordered a set of plans from RCM Plans and I'm still waiting!

Another source of plans is Wind Canyon Books: http://www.windcanyonbooks.com/ - they have all the Paul Matt plans as individual plans or sets on CDs or a two volume set of books.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:05 PM
box car

try this, had the plans in 3 days. http://www.ebay.com/sch/m_h_r/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

or this

http://www.kitcutters.com/PlanSuppliers.htm#Jerry

Old 10-23-2011, 08:15 PM
RWeston

Thanks for those great links!

[8D]
Old 10-24-2011, 08:31 AM
catspaw

I ordered 5 sets of plans a week ago. I think most of them might be fairly "rare" as far as popularity goes. 3 pattern plans (vector II, Loaded dice II, Gitano), a 60 size stuka, and the "Yellow electrician". So we'll see how long it takes.

As a side note, those last two, I've had them before. I never did finish the stuka because I didn't know how to cut the sharply tapered foam wing tips (I do now), so abandoned it. The electric was a flying wing thing. Back from when 05 can motors were the popular electric power source. In hindsight, 2 things made the plane I build a heavy piece of crap....a big 7 or 8 cell battery (the bigger, the longer it'll fly, right?), and lots of lead! I'm not sure why (then), but I had a lot of trouble trying to balance it, and wound up with a lot of lead. First hand launch went directly into the ground.
Now that I know more isn't necessarily better in electrics, and with todays stuff, it should be better this time around, whenever that is.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:56 AM
RWeston

ORIGINAL: RWeston

Another source of plans is Wind Canyon Books: http://www.windcanyonbooks.com/ - they have all the Paul Matt plans as individual plans or sets on CDs or a two volume set of books.
Oct 24th update - The RCM plans arrived today and I'll have to admit that they are an excellent set of plans!

[8D]
Old 10-26-2011, 08:12 AM
RWeston

Oct 24th update - The RCM plans arrived today and I'll have to admit that they are an excellent set of plans!

[8D]
Oct 26th update - The Paul Matt plans from Wind Canyon Books arrived within 3 days! These are the best set of 3-views and details I've ever seen!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
box car

A lot of planes on that Wind Canyon site, but how do you no what you are getting, no info on what you are buying.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:30 PM
RWeston

ORIGINAL: box car

A lot of planes on that Wind Canyon site, but how do you no what you are getting, no info on what you are buying.
At this point there are no photos or info - you have to know what aircraft you're interested in and know that the Paul Matt drawings are quite excellent. You'll have to then scale the plans to your needs and then make working drawings from those but the drawings are a great starting point! Here are 3 examples for the RC-3 Seabee:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38879.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	1679111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59380.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	1679112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33308.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1679113  
Old 10-31-2011, 07:20 PM
jp_boud

I got my plans in today. Ordered on the 5th, they were post marked the 25th, and arrived the 31st. Leave yourself a month and a great set of plans will (eventually) get to you.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Roby

Done deal !

It took a few weeks but my plans did finally arrive. Now my grandson has his winter
project on the board.

Regards,
Roby
Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 AM
jp_boud

must of been "mail out the plans" week at RCMPlans huh?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

It was just in the last month this was covered. They don't answer the phone or email, they are very slow but you get your plans sooner or later. They have always been slow, even when RCM magazine was in operation. Do a search here to find the thread.
If I was working at RCM Plans, I wouldn't answer the phone either.

Some of us still remember how they sent out 'Re-subscribe now' letters, the month before magazines stopped being delivered. Somebody should have done hard time, for mail fraud.

Dave Olson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.