Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

***CUB BROTHERHOOD***

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

***CUB BROTHERHOOD***

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 12:55 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, you're right about trump and his grandstanding, but he would be no worse than any of the others we've had in office... he has one advantage over the others though, "IF" he got on the right track, he could, with his legal team force this corrupt congress back into their constitutional lined cage... but do you realize how wayward this country has strayed from its original concept of a "republic" and freedom.... Donald would go broke trying to reel-in the corruption, or enforcing / upholding the Constitution and securing the boarders.... its gone too far, you know whats eventually going to happen, everyone's either going to except it, and just complain about it, or the masses will have to do something about it!... that's how this country was founded, by breaking away from the britsh control... they have been reeling this nation back in ever since.

John M,
Old 09-02-2015, 01:04 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Actually you need to brush up on your history a little bird, Rome collapsed under the weight of their own government bureaucracy and the fact the majority of the wealth was except from taxation. The rich would buy an exception from an Emperor and his taxmen had to try and make it up somewhere else. That was why no one wanted to be a tax collector and the ones stuck with the job were so corrupt. The only way to get out of the job was death. The perfect solution would be a flat rate tax for everyone and every company but all know the chances of that happening!

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 09-02-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:15 PM
John_M_

Hey Bird, in house shop, you don't mean the kitchen table do you, lol

I wish I could turn my garage into a work shop, right now its setup for automotive work, free standing lift and all.

You're right on the money about the "good book", man will never succeed with his corrupt ways... there's only one answer to the problems, but mankind just looks past it through their ignorance.

He says what everyone is thinking, but 8 years is not enough time to speak one's mind, so the yo yo effect will continue, sadly.

John M,
Old 09-02-2015, 01:18 PM
FlyerInOKC

If every man who claimed to be a Christian would just practice what Christ did we wouldn't been in this pickle.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:56 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

With the way our country is heading, I fear we are too late to reel it back in. What Trump brings is what a lot of people want, someone who is NOT afraid of PC. We all know though, his mouth and ego will write a check that he can't cash, and that will be his downfall. He has both parties scared though. Dr. Ben Carson though, now he seems like a decent guy, so lets hope and see that someone like him can pull this out, or at least get the current train wreck back on track and headed in the right direction.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:15 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
With the way our country is heading, I fear we are too late to reel it back in. What Trump brings is what a lot of people want, someone who is NOT afraid of PC. We all know though, his mouth and ego will write a check that he can't cash, and that will be his downfall. He has both parties scared though. Dr. Ben Carson though, now he seems like a decent guy, so lets hope and see that someone like him can pull this out, or at least get the current train wreck back on track and headed in the right direction.
This "train wreck" has been building since the mid '80s & until we end those failed economic policies the Wall Street gang will continue raping this economy at the expense of the working middle class.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:33 PM
bigbird3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Actually you need to brush up on your history a little bird, Rome collapsed under the weight of their own government bureaucracy and the fact the majority of the wealth was except from taxation. The rich would buy an exception from an Emperor and his taxmen had to try and make it up somewhere else. That was why no one wanted to be a tax collector and the ones stuck with the job were so corrupt. The only way to get out of the job was death. The perfect solution would be a flat rate tax for everyone and every company but all know the chances of that happening!
That is true also OKC and secondary to the ultimate failure due to immorality. No brushing up needed here, just didn't list everything at one time. There are many reasons cultures fails but at the top of every list is the moral fiber or a lack thereof that determines success or demise.......bar none! you're welcome to disagree but dig deep into any cultural history and see if they had empathy for their fellow man. No kind loving government would ever fail, it's just that none have ever existed, not on earth that is.
Next? Bird
Old 09-02-2015, 06:54 PM
pilotbum

That is good to hear, is he still as touchy?
Not sure. He doesn't post on RCG as much as he did here. Fewer pics and details about the build.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:14 PM
acdii

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
This "train wreck" has been building since the mid '80s & until we end those failed economic policies the Wall Street gang will continue raping this economy at the expense of the working middle class.
Originally Posted by bigbird3
That is true also OKC and secondary to the ultimate failure due to immorality. No brushing up needed here, just didn't list everything at one time. There are many reasons cultures fails but at the top of every list is the moral fiber or a lack thereof that determines success or demise.......bar none! you're welcome to disagree but dig deep into any cultural history and see if they had empathy for their fellow man. No kind loving government would ever fail, it's just that none have ever existed, not on earth that is.
Next? Bird

Yep you guys have it nailed! Between this and SCOTUS trampling the First Amendment, I fear we may have already lost this country.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:17 PM
bigbird3

If every man who claimed to be a Christian would just practice what Christ did we wouldn't been in this pickle.
Thing is, Christ would'nt run. In fact they sought him out to make him a king and he evaded them. ERGO, a 'christian' has no business in politics or military. If Christ is our exampler, and he is, a christian follows what Christ did or didn't do. Very simple and strait forward.
A national leader has to make decisions against christian principals. War for instance. Would Christ go to war? Especially one that bombs innocent women and children? Not a very convincing love if you ask me! Christ is the most exact representation of his father-God. First and formost God is LOVE Then JUSTICE Then WISDOM and finally POWER. Love is first because everything and everyone He created was out of love. So, those who claim to be christian and ate in politics and the military really aren't! Something about 'blind leading the blind''. What one believes might be misconstrude, embellished upon or mens doctrine. Even I myself must self examine to be sure.

ACDII, Nothing can save the country! Scripture says that the world governments are stored up for distruction! But......and there is always a but, it is not the end of mankind on earth! He will still be here! Read Psalms 37.
Thats all for now even tho it's not enough!
bird.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:29 PM
John_M_

Nothing can save the country! Scripture says that the world governments are stored up for distruction! But......and there is always a but, it is not the end of mankind on earth! He will still be here! Read Psalms 37.
Thats all for now even tho it's not enough!
bird.
I'm just looking forward to the 1000 years of peace after the total collapse and the final conflict... problem being, they better hury up, as I don't have too much time left to enjoy it .

John M,
Old 09-03-2015, 06:29 AM
FlyerInOKC

Politics is like the weather everyone complains but nobody does anything about it! My Dad told me back in the 80s before he died that all the complaints he hears about the country going to heck in a hand-basket is what the same complaints he heard from his elders back in the 30s. He grew up a poor orphan (parents were both gone by 1925) working on a farm to earn his keep until he went into the Army in 1940. He got out in late 1945 after the war ended and never did get rotated out of the Pacific theater he was considered essential personnel. He would probably liked to have killed they guy who gave him that designation! He knew hard times and good times so not much phased him. He told me about the real depression. He saw 10 guys watching a ditch digger work to see if he collapsed from the hard work in the sun. The idea being if he couldn't go on one of them could take his place, jobs were that scarce. We got along way to go to even get close to what his generation went through!

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 09-03-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:22 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The answer is for us to get out and vote, and not just gripe about it... I'll bet that we outnumber them.... Bet we could win...
Old 09-03-2015, 09:30 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by N1EDM
The answer is for us to get out and vote, and not just gripe about it... I'll bet that we outnumber them.... Bet we could win...
I would buy that!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:52 AM
SrTelemaster150

Who is "we" and who is 'them"?

If EVERYBODY voted, the GOP wouldn't have a chance.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Eugene West
My Feedback: (11)

https://www.facebook.com/jeanne.mumf...1066784953639/
Old 09-03-2015, 12:43 PM
FlyerInOKC

Nice airplane Eugene and a text book landing to boot!
Old 09-03-2015, 04:42 PM
bigbird3

N1EDM,
If that is the answer, who should we vote for? Really? Who has the right track record? Who can fix ALL the problems we face? Now, don't say anything about Obama, we all know what a failure he is. Come to think of it, EVERYONE in histort so far has been a dismal failure! Oh yeah, some were better than others but still failed in major areas! Tell me please, who qualifies to solve ALL of our problems? I'm not trying to be a smart butt here, I'm really interested in what you think or in anyone else for that matter.
What I am going to ask is in my opinion, the top issues. That is not to say that there aren't others of great importance.
First of all, who would deminish poverty significantly?
Secondly, who can straiten out our countries monitary issues?
Third, who can or is willing to make the rich pay their fair share?
Forth, who is able to fix the employment problem?
Now, that's only scratching the surface of hundreds of issues this nation faces. Which ones are you pationate about.
Perhaps there is only one person that could solve just one of these problems or come really close at all, but WHO can or could take them all on and make a real difference? Sad to say that no one has so far and that includes in all of the recorded history of mankind! If you can show me otherwise, I'm listening.
Not everyone votes for the same 'right' person so, I don't understand where you get, "If we all get out and vote, I'll bet WE can win" I don't know who the first and second WE are!
It is obvious that I don't believe as you do and I'm just as sure you don't think as I do! So, the division begins, where does it end?
As I said in the beginning, I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, just interjecting a voice of reason. I really want to knowwhat anyone might think here.
bird
Old 09-03-2015, 05:20 PM
acerc

N1EDM,
If that is the answer, who should we vote for? Really? Who has the right track record? Who can fix ALL the problems we face? Now, don't say anything about Obama, we all know what a failure he is. Come to think of it, EVERYONE in histort so far has been a dismal failure! Oh yeah, some were better than others but still failed in major areas! Tell me please, who qualifies to solve ALL of our problems? I'm not trying to be a smart butt here, I'm really interested in what you think or in anyone else for that matter.
What I am going to ask is in my opinion, the top issues. That is not to say that there aren't others of great importance.
First of all, who would deminish poverty significantly? Literally, not possible unless that individual is willing to work his own way out.
Secondly, who can straiten out our countries monitary issues? Stop trying to fix number one would be a big step.
Third, who can or is willing to make the rich pay their fair share?Define rich, to most, and why the rich, just because they are rich?
Forth, who is able to fix the employment problem?The biggest employment problem is the employee want's more than the job is worth
The biggest problem with all of it is there are as many answers to the question as there are people to ask. How about, I pay my way you pay your way, and the gov stop trying to take every penny of what I earned! I donate, give, and help plenty of needy people, actual needy people not those with their hands out unwilling to do for it.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:15 PM
bigbird3

Originally Posted by acerc
The biggest problem with all of it is there are as many answers to the question as there are people to ask. How about, I pay my way you pay your way, and the gov stop trying to take every penny of what I earned! I donate, give, and help plenty of needy people, actual needy people not those with their hands out unwilling to do for it.
Well Acerc, you really didn;t answer anything either! You just started chasing another rabbit........taxes. It's one of the other issues granted but you didn't really give any constructive information on how anyone could impliment repair of the system. I mean, who can fix it and how? Ranting doesn't help anything. I'm being sincere not trying to insult you my friend. Think about methods and solutions and in what order they can be implimented. List it so it makes sence, then figure out who qualifies to do it. then write something about it.
Thanks
bird
Old 09-03-2015, 06:55 PM
acerc

I'm being sincere not trying to insult you my friend. Think about methods and solutions and in what order they can be implimented. List it so it makes sence, then figure out who qualifies to do it. then write something about it.
Thanks
bird
Sorry buddy, don't really care to.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Cub Man
My Feedback: (50)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys lets turn back to talking about cubs. I could jump onbard with this rant but don't need to get my blood pressure up!!!

I have 2 L, 2 XL, and 2 XXL shirts on hand, get them now before they are gone!!!!
Old 09-04-2015, 03:24 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry Cub Man, You're right. Mea Culpa, I had no intention of getting us off-topic.

Bob
Old 09-04-2015, 06:03 AM
acdii

Aww man, I was waiting to see if motorcycles and gun talk was going to crop up, like in the Saito thread. LOL
Old 09-04-2015, 06:10 AM
bigbird3

Originally Posted by acerc
Sorry buddy, don't really care to.

You are right ACERC, Most don't want to tell anyway. Thats why it doesn't work. I just went deeper than most of you are willing to go.

Politics is two words! Poly= many and tics= A blood sucking parasite!

Cub Man, if you ever run across a 4x shirt let me know.
bird.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.