Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

micro telemaster kit v2

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

micro telemaster kit v2

Old 01-29-2012, 12:11 PM
bigstick60
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default micro telemaster kit v2

i am building the 34 1/2 "ws micro telemaster kit v2, was considering attempting to bash and add ailerons, and drop the dihedrial to some degree.might it be just a waste of time for what i would gain in any flight performance? would appreciate any pros or cons, or suggestions on the idea. thanks
Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: micro telemaster kit v2

I would definitely add the ailerons.  Can used preformed strips about 1/2" wide.  Very simple modification.  Just carve off the last 1/4" or so of the trailing edge, attach aileron stock with hinges a bit on the low side, and then sand the top until everything merges together.  For a wing this size, I would use one aileron servo mounted in wing center.  You can buy prebuilt aileron couplers for 1/2 size cheap.  Also use the round output wheel on your servo with the rods in the wheel at the holes for 2 and 10 o'clock.  Gives some nice aileron differential.  (Assuming the servo is on bottom of wing, otherwise reverse.)

You do not need as much dihedral if you are not doing rudder only turns.  Dropping by half would cut down on rudder/aileron coupling and confusion.

If you add ailerons, you can do some side slips with cross wind turns.  Very useful in your bag of tricks and lots of fun if you try spot landings.  And a lot smoother turns.

Tom