Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Barnestormer Ultimate

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Barnestormer Ultimate

Old 01-21-2007, 04:05 PM
grn2806

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barnestormer Ultimate

There was a company called barnestormer models, they had a 25% ultimate kit which was just a little bigger than the Goldberg Ultimate and it was a good 3D flier. The company is no longer in business and I was wondering if anyone has one of these kits or a set of plans for this plane.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Kevgofly
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Barnestormer Ultimate

I know this is really old, but just in case someone is looking.

That's a great flying plane. I built one of the first kits they produced. It was owned by Larry Barnes in Kentucky. You may try Flying Z hobbies there, they may have a lead on what the latest status of the company/kits are. He was also developing a 48% version, unfortunately I lost track of them a while back, would love to re-connect with Larry and his crew, great group of people.
Good luck,
Kev
Old 10-20-2015, 04:34 PM
scottmiller

Hello!

Larry Barnes designed and manufactured the Ultimate kit a few years ago. He no longer supports the kits and but I will ask him about selling plans. We have 2-3 completed 1/4 scale Ulitmates and a couple partially completed 48% Ultimates. I believe we sold a completed Ultimate to Flying Z Hobbies a few months ago. Larry Barnes is enjoying hunting/fishing and I have transitioned to assisting my son with full scale acrobatic planes. Larry is one the best designers and builders period......

Scott Miller
Henderson, Ky
Old 07-17-2020, 02:05 PM
Wild Beat

Originally Posted by scottmiller
Hello!

Larry Barnes designed and manufactured the Ultimate kit a few years ago. He no longer supports the kits and but I will ask him about selling plans. We have 2-3 completed 1/4 scale Ulitmates and a couple partially completed 48% Ultimates. I believe we sold a completed Ultimate to Flying Z Hobbies a few months ago. Larry Barnes is enjoying hunting/fishing and I have transitioned to assisting my son with full scale acrobatic planes. Larry is one the best designers and builders period......

Scott Miller
Henderson, Ky
Did anyone have any success in obtaining a set of plans?