Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Switch location for Uproar 40

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Switch location for Uproar 40

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 07:30 PM
bunnd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switch location for Uproar 40

I am in the final stages of framing my Uproar 40. I'll be installing a TT GP 42 engine and using a Flash 5x radio with the Hitec 555 receiver. I fly from a location at 4300 feet above sea level. The instructions don't cover where to install the on/off switch. Any suggestions? I want it out of the way of other components being installed.

Second, does anyone see any advantage in sheeting the ailerons and elevator? I noticed that the trailing edge of the wing is thicker than the leading edge of the ailerons. Won't that induce turbulents over the aileron? Induce Flutter? Trailing edges are squared off rather than rounded. Is the additional weight worth it?

How about the use of flapperons? It would be easy to set up. Other suggested modifications?

Thanks in advance.

Doug
Old 04-19-2002, 07:53 PM
merwch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: switch location

Doug,

I've built 3 uproars, and on all 3, I put the switch in the bottom
hatch cover. It will come off when you need to remove the hatch
but that isn't any problem. Also I just let the charge cord hang outside the same hatch, easy to test batteries and for charging.

as far as sheeting the control surfaces, I don't think its going to help anything, I would suggest that you make the rudder about a 1/2 inch wider for more control. just need to ad a 1/2" piece to the front of the rudder before you hinge it. Makes a big difference in control.

Good-Luck