Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Super Decathlon convert to brushless help!

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Super Decathlon convert to brushless help!

Old 05-09-2012, 05:56 AM
willchunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Decathlon convert to brushless help!

Hey guys I have a super decathlon airplane that I want to convert over to brushless and lipo can anyone give me suggestions on what size motor, esc, lipo would fit and if this is even possible with the older (red) super decathlon. I am very new to r/c airplanes but have been racing r/c cars for a long time. So basically not sure what size motor I would want for this and what speed (kv rating) would be good for a beginner/intermediate flyer. Also what amperage esc would I need to power this motor. And finally how exactly does the gearing work on a plane I know how it works for an r/c car but no clue when it comes to planes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I understand they make a newer one thats brushless for relatively cheap but I would like to piece one together and learn in the process.
Thanks,
Willie
Old 05-09-2012, 04:02 PM
combatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Decathlon convert to brushless help!

It would help to know the size/weight of the plane before a recommendation could be made.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Super Decathlon convert to brushless help!

At the bottom of the header is a forum called Wattflyer. Worth going over and looking at. If you asak a question then make sure you give some information.