Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Bridi Bre Zee CG Location

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Bridi Bre Zee CG Location

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:03 PM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bridi Bre Zee CG Location

I had an old Bridi Bre-Zee Bipe given to me. Nice looking plane. It has not been flown in about 5 yrs. I've cleaned the engine, an OS .50, put a new battery pack in and I'm ready to fly her,,,,,,right after I check the CG. Problem is, I don't know where the CG is, or even how to go about balancing a bipe. Do I balance it right side up on the top wing or up side down on the bottom wing? I have a GP CG Machine to balance with, I just need to know where to balance it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KaP2011
Ultra Sport Brotherhood #110
Old 05-16-2012, 07:06 PM
KaP2011

Default RE: Bridi Bre Zee CG Location

I was hopeing someone could answer this question tonite, I wanted to fly it tomorrow. I have checked the CG and it is at 5 1/8" (130mm)or 38% of the cord. The wings are staggered so I measured the cord of the top wing, 9", then added the offset, 4.5" for a total of 13.5" (343mm). If I put the CG at 29% MACit should be 3.91" (99.47mm). I think I'm going to try it there.

KaP2011
Old 05-16-2012, 07:29 PM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is something that might give you a good starting point for a bipe:

http://www.rcmplans.com/issues/reque...111989-1-1.pdf
Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 AM
nk3t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ihave a BreZee in the box, so Ilooked at it last night. The instruction manual says the CGis on the plans. Itook some photos of the plans with a ruler for upload here, but continually get a server error 500 on upload. The best Ican estimate from the photo of the plans with a ruler across the sheet, is 4 1/8 inch back from the leading edge of the top wing.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:00 AM
KaP2011

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. So where I put it at 4" would be very close. I miss reading Chuck Cunningham's articles, I should have thought about that, I've probably got that issue in my stack of RCM. I remember having a Lazy Ace back in the 90' that I never put together, it got sold along with all of my R/C stuff.

KaP2011
Old 05-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sorry, I could have gotten off my lazy butt and looked the plane up, I saw your post when it first came up but figured someone would know exactly where the plans called for it. I'm a Bridi fan but I know nothing about that plane and couldn't remember seeing one. I looked it up today and saw it was a constant cord wing, not swept on either wing.
Any of the constant cord Bipes the CG comes out to 25% of the wing cord and you CG on the top wing.
To figure your cord you just place the plane up straight and level then measure the distance from the front of the top wings LE to the TE of the bottom wing, now 25% of that will give you a good CG.
I also have the net address of one of those CG calculators and they work great. I have tried to get it posted as sticky. I use it all the time when someone gives me a plane I know nothing about.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 AM
KaP2011

Thanks for the imput Gray Beard, I would like to have a copy of the CG Calculator. It sounds like a handy tool to have and I would likely use it often. I flew it today at 29% and it seemed to fly ok but it was twitchy, then it got windy so I didn't fly it anymore. Flew the 4 Star the rest of the morning. I'll try the bipe at 25% when I go flying Saturday.

KaP2011

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

I'm sorry, I could have gotten off my lazy butt and looked the plane up, I saw your post when it first came up but figured someone would know exactly where the plans called for it. I'm a Bridi fan but I know nothing about that plane and couldn't remember seeing one. I looked it up today and saw it was a constant cord wing, not swept on either wing.
Any of the constant cord Bipes the CG comes out to 25% of the wing cord and you CG on the top wing.
To figure your cord you just place the plane up straight and level then measure the distance from the front of the top wings LE to the TE of the bottom wing, now 25% of that will give you a good CG.
I also have the net address of one of those CG calculators and they work great. I have tried to get it posted as sticky. I use it all the time when someone gives me a plane I know nothing about.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: KaP2011

Thanks for the imput Gray Beard, I would like to have a copy of the CG Calculator. It sounds like a handy tool to have and I would likely use it often. I flew it today at 29% and it seemed to fly ok but it was twitchy, then it got windy so I didn't fly it anymore. Flew the 4 Star the rest of the morning. I'll try the bipe at 25% when I go flying Saturday.

KaP2011

I'll pull it up and post it tonight for you. I'll test out the address and make sure it is still working. Sometimes these sites go down no mater how good they are.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Gray Beard

http://adamone.rchomepage.com/cg_calc.htm I just tried it and it's still there and working.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:08 PM
KaP2011

Thats a very handy website, thanks for posting it.

KaP2011

http://adamone.rchomepage.com/cg_calc.htm I just tried it and it's still there and working.