Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Pitcairn PCA-2 Autogiro by Whirlybird Aviation

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Pitcairn PCA-2 Autogiro by Whirlybird Aviation

Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 PM
jodini
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pitcairn PCA-2 Autogiro by Whirlybird Aviation

Looking good!!!!
Love the wallpaper too!
Joe
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 AM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

Looks great! Are you ready to cover it? Have a color scheme yet?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 AM
GB-flyboy

Hey fellas, I'm gonna have it as a 'Miss Champion' I think, still sorting some minor glueing on it before I cover though... and still got to source a suitable pilot figure, but hoping it'll be finished in the next couple of weeks. When it is, I'll be showing it off at a Model Engineering exhibition in March where I guessing it'll get some admiring looks! Also, before I maiden it I hope some of you guys can give some hints and tips for a successful flight? BTW, if you go to my clubs Twitter feed... @BuryMetroFlying  or to my clubs website www.bmmfc.com there are more pics of the build.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:44 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

I'll be ordering one in the spring, and would like to do it as the Detroit News/WWJ PCA-2 in the Henry Ford museum. They started flying it in Feb. 1931, and flew it off the rooftop of the newspaper's downtown building.

The publisher, City Rec Dept. and Henry Ford's rep Bill Stout held model plane contests back in the early 1930's, and organized the 'Airplane Model League of America', precursor to our AMA. Interesting article on the contest:
http://apps.detnews.com/apps/history/index.php?id=54

This is one of the best threads on RCU!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34121.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1845192  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM
GB-flyboy

Very nice Eddie, wish there were real examples of the PCA-2 in my country to compare to my model. I've seen quite a few videos on YouTube though, mostly of some of the guys writing on this thread with their models, but only seen a couple vids of the actual aircraft. One of the best is this;   http://youtu.be/On_mY-DpeAw

There seems to be extracts from a television programme in the YouTube clip, if anyone can suggest where I can get the full version I'd appreciate it !

Old 08-09-2018, 12:15 PM
merxy84

Default pitcairn pca-2 parts needed

I know this thread is old but need some help So I came across a partially built rc pitcairn pca-2 it is missing some of the plans and the gearbox anyone have any ideas in where I should look I would love to get this flying any help would be greatly appreciated