Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: have to share room with WIFE..........

ORIGINAL: Charlie P.

You'd be surprised what you can turn out with a 48'' x 24'' worksurface.* I built a Contender 60 on a desktop that size.* Treat yourself to an end-grain balsa building board.

Now I have a dozen times that surface area - but nothing that large clear of clutter!

I NEVER begrudge THE ADMIRAL workspace (32 year anniversary last month).* Half the house is hers, after all.* Currently she takes up about a 12' x 12' spot in the cellar*with a table, desk,two low*dressers and sewing*machine stand.* I have four work tables (one a massive oak 8' x 4' table from a railroad station), a table saw with wing (about 3' x 3'), two flat ''charging tables'' of 48'' x 24'' each, a free-standing radial arm saw with a table-top.* All*on maybe 28' x 14' of floorspace.* I think I made out like a bandit.
    Reads like quite the setup there. Very nice work tables. I pretty much let my wife have the house to do whatever she wants/likes. She is very thrifty and makes good use of space. She has one bedroom setup for crafts but it is not really large enough. She works outside gardening a lot so she is very content with her surroundings.

I have a 3 bay shop so I can do whatever I want with it. I do house my tractor, lawn mowers, welders, building supplies, and all sorts of other supplies there. I basically have one bay for RC planes and plenty of workbench space. I have enough workbench space to work on several planes at once, but I keep the space tied up and it is a bit tight in there right now.

Although I have too many planes on my workbenches that don't need work (just storing), it makes it difficult because I don't have any room to keep the planes that I don't work on. I think that means a shop extension coming on One cannot buy any new planes to start working on without any area to work on them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will comment on WIFE once I quit rolling on the floor.

John
    Take offs are optional, landings are mandatory.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jrlingrel

I will comment on WIFE once I quit rolling on the floor.

John
    That's with the wife?! I hope... LOL
    Remember: Speed is life!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Make sure you don't have a TV in the work room. At least one of you will have to leave the room to watch tv and won't have TV Fights on what channel to watch. It is impossible for me and my wife to agree to watch the same TV show.
    Content, but not Complacent.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

W = Wealth
    I = Infusion
    F = Front door
    E = Exit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

Now listen ,................... here,s what you do .

Go to youre LHS , and buy youreself a great-Planes power planner , and be sure to use it when she,s there . That is about all it,s good for , makeing balsa dust .

In fact , I have one , it,s brand new , it,s youre free , it even comes with an extra rotory cutter .

But if you love her to death ,................................... than eat crow .

Personally ,................................ I,d eat crow , because I love her to death ( ALWAYS )

Michel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Once she understands the meaning of DUST and STINK she may find herself another room. When I was a kid building U-controls {1/2A} I build on a board on my lap in the living room. Today just building a 60 size plane I couldn't get by on a 4 foot table. Then again, in a pinch I think I could build in a closet!
    Drinking and driving are illegal, why do bars have parking lots
    Daisy Air Guns, keeping kids off your lawn for 100 years

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I was separated I had a one room efficiency apartment. I built and repaired on a small 18x24 TV table. I had to sit on the floor. The bandsaw was in a corner in the kitchen, and I sat on the floor to use it. I sure had fun building kits. The only downside was when I tried to use a table sander. Balsa all over my pillow, sheets, etc.

When I was single I turned my den into a huge shop. When my future wife saw it I joked that she wasn't allowed in there. She believed me until I caught on months later.
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Once she understands the meaning of DUST and STINK she may find herself another room...
    I think every married woman knows the meaning of STINK [X(]

Just sayin'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think every married woman knows the meaning of STINK
    What kind of engine is that??? STINK?

Some of you guys don't have very cool bachelor pads, to be sure.
    A guy who used to live on this site and now is rarely here due to the "upgrade".
    Most likely fading away till the My Forums is fixed. Too bad.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Make it happen,,, thats what you do.. I started out on a 30 x 48 inch desk with a rubber desk top. 40 years later my shop consumes my whole basement.. as for the little lady,,, try not to piss her off. just try to repel her. there are many easy ways to do it. like some one else said sanding balsa should work. but I have an alternate plan that will work every time. Just crack open some polyester resin and catylist or go find yourself a can of dope for fuel proofing. Or just about any kind of model paint and thinner. the fuems will drive her out or maybe even put her to sleep. either way you can have your way. with your building and or with her if you please. Haaaaa!
    Terry D\"Anca
    DeFazio Aerospace
    http://www.freewebs.com/terryfdanca/index.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Haven't you ever heard of WIFE engines??? Wide Intake Fat Exhaust.
    Rolling on the floor with that one!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kind of why some of us don't do women! Rather share it with a flying buddy who is more then a flying buddy.
    JPO Yearly Member. Retired ATP B-727, HS-125, IA-JET

AMA Turbine CD Waiver Holder- BVM F-16, CARF-Viper, Flash, Super Extra 3.2M, 44%Giles, Extra 330, 1/8th scale F-18, flying r/c since I was 11 years old.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

These guys sure talk big with a keyboard in hand*while little lady is*in the kitchen is probably making*you an antifreeze burger.* Have fun as you sit there typing insulting messages about them to your buddies.**Enjoy life*when the glaucoma sets in, the balsa glue*has*worn*out and the monokote won't stay ironed on any longer wondering why your last trimester of life is so lonely.**When that little lady has found her a real man that knows the priorities of buidling a long term relationship and*placing those priorities in order,*you'll be missing that special*someone to hold hands with and rock on the porch with*as the two of you*reminence the good old days.
    Married almost*30 years to this wonderful lady that knows*my love for this hobby*the answer is, wife/relationship first, hobby second.* If you've forgotten the raincoat, it's wife 1, kids 2, hobby (probably never).**

For the guy with one room neediing to share with the spouse, it's called time management.* When she's in there, you watch tv, mow the yard, get on RCU and window shop, change the car oil.**While she's occupying that room, make*her a nice cup of tea, take her a little snack, put a flower on her table.* I bet the next time you want to go flying, she'll help load the SUV!**When her favorite reality tv is on and the room is empty, the room is yours.* When the lights go out, you'll have one more day with the only thing in llife that matters.

Enjoy life, it's way to short.* *
    Sounds like you are one of the 7% marrage turns out good for.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCFlyerDan

Kind of why some of us don't do women! Rather share it with a flying buddy who is more then a flying buddy.
    Hmmm O...K... LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Once you give them a little space in the corner of your shop the next thing you know thier table turns into two or three .Then they like to store stuff,useless stuff so it takes up more room in what ever walmart plastic containers they can get(big one's). She has a kitchen livingroom /dining room and she probly hoards the bath room ,how much can ya take brother ? There are plenty of corners in the allll thos rooms for her to set up shop but noooo she wants yours. lmao joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay73982.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	1770543  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Joe!! Our other issue was voted back into the Club.

AMA Turbine CD Waiver Holder- BVM F-16, CARF-Viper, Flash, Super Extra 3.2M, 44%Giles, Extra 330, 1/8th scale F-18, flying r/c since I was 11 years old.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats no good after all the stuff he put the club through.lol joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

357ross
    I have the same kind of wife. She does most of the covering for me and when we are out shopping she always ask if I need something from the hobby store. If your wife is not that kind, then when you both are sharing the room, keep asking her to hold something, or, can you put this little screw in the slot, my hands are to large. pretty soon when you are in the room she is nowhere to be found.
    DX-7,RDS8000. big Bingo,1/4 Scale Cub, SeaMaster 120, Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like it wouldn't be a good idea to drop ones keys at this field?

Intelligence is similar to a dress code. Dont attend a black tie affair wearing cutoffs and a tank top. Know your facts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

Sounds like it wouldn't be a good idea to drop ones keys at this field?*

I am sure you would be the first to drop your keys!! But, truly only in your dreams.......guess this is why you came up with the idea.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a real space saver is build your self a fold down table, for when your doing larger projects and need some extra space my folder is aprox 2.5x5 I used plywood that has a 1x2 wood border around the edge, so small screws don't roll off and it keeps it fairly flat,the edge against the wall is hinged so when not in use which for me is never it can be folded to the wall when the legs are pulled off to allow for more space

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Our basement was not finished when we moved in so i started framing it out ,did the electrict heating ,drywall and i hate taping so i paid a friend to do it. I have 2 big rooms down there all to myself and another one for my son to play his games in. She has every thing else in the house but still trys to get a corner here and there to stack some junk . She does not realy like my hobby cause i hide in my basement and build alot but it has worked for us for over 13 years now. joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

You guys have , " No Idea what sharing is " , A friend , a buddy , a partner , . You married her , " remember "

I would take the problem totally differrent . I would take care of many , " honey Do,s " .

I almost always lose every argument , that she is happy means more to me than anything ,............................................... I,m a happy guy ,........ and only I know why

Michel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry but i have been with her for 15 years I appreciate the advice though don't think about letting her go.  Thank you about the table size though will move her in.   Y   Today she says you are very frugel about everything except hunting and planes not in a bad way but a loving way.  She puts up with a lot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast