Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

M.A.N. Air Age plans sale

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

M.A.N. Air Age plans sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:02 AM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: M.A.N. Air Age plans sale

The ones I got from them look like they were produced by Kinko.  Black and crisp.  Only problem the stupid things are folded.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think they ask if you want them rolled or folded if you phone in an order. Rolled costs a bit more for the tube and shipping. I steam iron them when I'm ready to build.
I too think they have upgraded there equipment but when I was a blue line operator I had a choice of blue or black for the papers color. This paper does feel like standard old bond paper, nice and crisp. I was wondering but forgot to ask the young lady I was speaking to on the phone about the machine used these days.
That was sure a good deal on the plans though, I can't get a set of plans copied at Kinko's for those prices!! The price on the old timmer I bought went way up sometime in the past? Others haven't gone up at all?? Go figure!
Gene, I didn't noticed, did you buy any on this sale??
If you did then I probably just forgot!!!
The dumbass other Gene
Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 AM
goirish

Yea I spent a couple of Yankee Green Backs.  Got the Big Hots ( my wife says that fits me)  the Ultra Hots  ( my wife fits that) and the giant Tiger Moth. (nobody fits that)
Old 07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Gray Beard

I think I have your email address in this puter. In a few minutes I will be sending the build article for the Super Hots to some people, I will send the file to you too. My hotmail in my other puter went away and I can't use it any longer. It's a trust issue. I used it to send the file to Rick and it didn't make it?
Gene
Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM
jkpape

I ordered the giant Tiger Moth too, along with the giant Aeronca C-3, Turbinator-E & Duelist.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Nergall

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: Nergall

Check the scale on them. They've been fairly bad about re-scaling the plans.
Mine have been fine but with plans they are what they are, if they are off a bit no problem. If they are still using a blue line machine then they have to be correct to the original. I forgot to ask if they have the new machines like Kinko's uses?
Just built a nice plane that was 6% smaller than it should have been. Luckily, the kit cutter had used the same shrunken plans, so everything worked out. It's kinda annoying though. Makes me afraid to buy anything else from them.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Mooney_driver

Any idea how often MAN has their sales? Ionly know of a couple in the past but do not watch it very closely and usually only see it when I see a thread about it on here. Do they have a regular schedule for sales (like this was for 4th of July)?
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 AM
Gray Beard

No idea but I get it word of mouth/email from friends. They are now having another 50% off sale for AMA members if you missed the 4th sale. I just got the word yesterday. It just struck me as odd they would have a sale then the next day have another one?? Is it good marketing or desperation?? The way it is set up I think pretty much anyone can use the number they give you to check out?
Nergal, what is it you are doing with your planes that a small percentage bigger or smaller would make a difference? If I took my plans and had then enlarged or reduced 20% it would still fly the same, look the same, build the same. At 20% the FGS glass cowl or canopy wouldn't fit but at 6% it wouldn't mater.
Yes, a correct 100% is always a nice thing. When I have enlarged a plan then gone to Kinko's to have some extra copies made again I do tape the original to the window then over lay the copy over the original to make sure it is a perfect fit but as long as the machine size isn't touched during the copy process every page should be at the same percentage and fit.
You are correct and anyone's plans can be off a bit but I question what it will effect during the build. Moisture as in humidity can cause kit plans to shrink a bit too, nothing new about that. During a real printing process we had what we called shrink and spread as the paper went through the printing press. That did effect us a lot though, if we were printing half tones-photos or over laying colors.
I'm just curious, not trying to say you are wrong or anything, you are quite correct. Just wondering what it effects what you are doing with your build??
Old 07-10-2012, 05:14 AM
goirish

Gene, who has the sale for AMA members.  Went to the airage site and didn't see anything about it.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:18 AM
Nergall

As I said, things worked out OK.

I'm still annoyed their quality control is so bad.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Nergall

AMA50

ORIGINAL: goirish

Gene, who has the sale for AMA members. Went to the airage site and didn't see anything about it.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:24 AM
goirish

ORIGINAL: Nergall

AMA50

Gene, who has the sale for AMA members. Went to the airage site and didn't see anything about it.
What site are you referring to? AMA50

Old 07-10-2012, 05:55 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The coupon code for the AMA sale at Air Age's online store is "AMA50"

FWIW, all Air Age plans are digital, no more blue line prints. They switched over years ago to a laser printer and all the plans are printed directly from a file. If there are scale issues, not accounting for paper movement or operator error, it's either the printer needs to be calibrated or the files are bad.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Well I missed this post but I didn't miss the sale on the 4th.

I bought a plans for the .50 size de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver which looks to be the perfect size for a K&B .65 Sportster engine.
http://www.airagestore.com/de-havill...-2-beaver.html

kgibson4's avatar has me interested in building a hydroplane boat. So I got the Miss U.S. Hydroplane plans "since they where only $10".
http://www.airagestore.com/miss-u-s-hydroplane.html

I always liked the lines of the Miss Gemini but $30 was too high for just another set of low wing sport plane plans. $12.48 I could handle.
http://www.airagestore.com/miss-gemini.html

The last thing was a set of Servo-Operated Fowler Flaps. I've always wanted to try that on a model so $7 wasn't to bad for the plans.
http://www.airagestore.com/servo-ope...ler-flaps.html

The plans I really wanted where for the Spook 96 at $30 but alas the Spook 96 is over at RCM.

I was shocked to find that I didn't really see anything more I wanted at Airage. Seems RCM has more of designs I like.

So has anyone got there plans in yet?

I'm thinking 2 months with my order.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Gray Beard

Gene, I got the word from Rick Stubbs about the new sale so you will have to ask him. It was supposed to be MAN Air Age with the sale for AMA members. I didn't bother looking, I have my bench full for about a year or so. Add in new RXs and Servos it may take me a while to come up with everything to fly what I build. I'm finished with buying plans for a while.
Gene
Old 07-13-2012, 02:42 PM
goirish

AmishWarlord
I built that DeHavilland Beaver and it flew great.  I flew it off the water only.  sorry I sold it.  It happened to be powered with a K & B 65.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:45 PM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I received an email today saying that the plans I bought on the 3rd were shipped today.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:05 PM
AmishWarlord

AmishWarlord
I built that DeHavilland Beaver and it flew great. I flew it off the water only. sorry I sold it. It happened to be powered with a K & B 65.
LOL that's funny. I have the engine and was looking for a good plane for it.
Did you know at the time that the .65 was the best 2-stroke engine for that plane?
1 Perfect power level the .65 puts out the power of a .50 modern BB engine.
2 No BB's to rust when they get a splash of water.
3 High torque to pull the Beaver off the water yet not rip it though the sky at a scale speed of 950 MPH.
4 Built in smoke system.

I too received a email this morning that my plans have shipped!!!
That was faster than I expected. I thought the queue on their printer would be in the weeks.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:56 PM
goirish

If you look at the picture beside my post you will see the plane   white and orange.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:25 PM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought all the one's on my wish list. I'm going to need a bigger shop honey!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 PM
AmishWarlord

What all did you order Turbo?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Gray Beard

I just got the message from them with my UPS tracking number so the plans are on there way!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My  plans shipped out yesterday.

Jim
Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 AM
AmishWarlord

Almost 2:00 PM here now and no UPS truck. I hope it gets here soon so I can have these planes laid out on the floor and admire them.

I wonder if they will be rolled or tightly folded into a business sized envelope?
Old 07-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Gray Beard

Folded to 8.5X11 unless you ordered them rolled.
Just get a paper bag, your wifes iron and ironing board, a spray bottle of water. Lay the plans over the board, iron on high heat, spritz the plans a bit, put the bag {cut open} over the plans and start ironing. When finished loosly back roll the plans and lightly rubber band. Back rolling is printed side out.
The why of that will present itself when it's time to build.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.