Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SIG KIT

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:33 AM
fastpace
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIG KIT

I was wondering if any guys out there could tell me the up and down side of a Sig quick build Musang kit. I heard that the fuse crack after a while is there a fix in preventing that. Thanks for any and all input. How do they fly? I know the are old I hope some one out there might have had some experience with them. Sig kits has always had a good reviews, but this goes back a ways
Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 AM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SIG KIT

Don't know about that kit but if you know where fuse cracks or splits thorugh normal wear and tear... ... you can certainly make the mod yourself viva 1/8" or possibly a kerfed 3/16" balsa doubler (on the inside of course) or whatever else would be needed.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SIG KIT

Quick built Well they did not go together that fast, Profile fuse center, double sided tape, foam core wings sheeted . They fly great but do not take much abuse, hard landings and crashes are what causes the cracked. Putting in the radio gear is a challenge, running the control rods is interesting. O well when these kits came out we didn't have the equipement we have know they got crashed with out a chance to prove themselves. They did look great when they were finished but a lot of people didn't fully finish them.
I was a SIG dealer great people to work with.
Larry K