Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Top flite beachcraft bonanza engine selection

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Top flite beachcraft bonanza engine selection

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:46 AM
Highwinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top flite beachcraft bonanza engine selection

I am in the process of building this kit with the "v" tail configuration. Its going to be heavy since i am building it with robart retracts, lighting kit, and fiber classics cabin and cowl. Has anybody out there flown this airplane and what engine did you use. I would also like to keeping the cutting of the cowl to a minimum.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:39 PM
flyflapper

Hi Highwinger, I am also building the same kit with robart retracts, light kit, and the scale interior however I am not using the fiberglass cowl or cabin. I plan on using a super tiger G.75 to fly it and have some reservations as to that being enough power. I just got the cabin fit and am currently cutting out the windows so it wont be long and I'll know if thats enough power or not but like you I dont want to butcher the cowl if I don't have to.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Highwinger

fly flapper, thanks for the reply. I will probably be trying a sato120 four stroke to begin with. I have a couple of extra cowls. You can still get parts from TF. I recently ordered wing tip lenses, cowl, and a set of windows. I will also be using the kit (abs) parts to begin with. Keep in touch with your progress. I probably won 't ready for a first flite until mid summer. Are you going to Perry ?
Old 02-19-2015, 04:08 PM
flyflapper

Highwinger, No I wont be going to Perry. Do you have any pics of your progress? So far this is my first top flite kit but I was really happy with the quality and ease this kit goes together so I got a giant coarsair for my next build that I hope to start in spring in the mean time I'll try and figure out how to post a few pics of my build