Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Its Official... I Ordered a Kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Its Official... I Ordered a Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:09 AM
BillinIndiana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Its Official... I Ordered a Kit

ORIGINAL: PatrickCurry

Have you received your kit yet, Bill? I ordered a 4*40 from the Sig web page last week and received it in GA in just a few days. Hope you get yours soon as I know you're really looking forward to it.
Any luck yet contacting any of the members of the club you joined? You joined a club from their web site without going out and visiting with them first? Dang, I hope you haven't joined a club with members who don't jibe with your personality!
Nope, not yet. I ordered on 8-15 so it hasn't been that long though. With my crazy sleeping schedule, it was probably 11:00 PM on the 15th. I know it was at night when I finally hit "Submit order".. I had been adding and subtracting different items to my order all day trying to get everything I needed at once.. Yeah right !
Old 08-19-2012, 10:29 AM
PatrickCurry
My Feedback: (20)

Ah.....  I ordered mine on Sunday the 12th, they processed the order on Monday and I received it on Friday, so it wasn't *quite* as quick as I thought.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Lamoilleriver

I would suggest building it with as little dihederal as possible, if training with a buddy-box you should be OK.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:05 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

JUST GO TO/YOUR LOCAL FLYING FIELD SEE WHAT EVERYONE HAS ASK AROUND YOU GOT THE PLANE NOW> GET A GOOD 6 CH A GOOD ENGINE WHAT EVER YOU NEED THEN START THE BUILDING JUST DONT BUY CHEAP
Old 08-19-2012, 03:16 PM
BillinIndiana

ORIGINAL: do335a

The Sig Kadet MK II is a very easy, quick build. It's also a very good trainer flyer.

You assemble the fuselage sides right on the printed side sheets, which are clearly market for locations of all the bits and pieces.

Several years ago, a friend told me that he and several of his fellow flyers would build these planes in a weekend and use them for simple racing. The simplicity, quickness and ruggedness of the build are what inspirded them.

1st person I've had tell me this was a simple model.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:00 PM
fourstar40
My Feedback: (27)

Hi Bill, I live just east of you in Fort Wayne and I am familiar with the Huntington club. Good group of guys and are very willing to help. I am in the Whitley County Barnstormers club which is north of Columbia City. Good luck on your build.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:30 PM
757jonp
My Feedback: (48)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the same kit... in 1978. It was my first endeavor into the rc hobby. Built it in the BOQ in Yokuska Japan of all places. Boy did I ever make a mess of that place! A couple years later built a Sportster on board an Army ship heading for Central America, but that's another story for another time.

Have fun with it, I sure did.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:36 PM
BillinIndiana

ORIGINAL: fourstar40

Hi Bill, I live just east of you in Fort Wayne and I am familiar with the Huntington club. Good group of guys and are very willing to help. I am in the Whitley County Barnstormers club which is north of Columbia City. Good luck on your build.
Hi Fourstar40, I joined the Huntington County Modelers club but only on their website. It lets me sign in and view my profile, but I don't show up in the Current Members section.. I think that list are people that belong to the AMA also. They have some numbers after their names also..

Anyways, I went to the Whitley site earlier today for the 1st time. I read the part about getting 3 Free visits( within 60 days) with an instructor. I just might have to do this. I haven't looked to much into it, but how far North is the flying field of Columbia City? Looks like Huntington's is in Uniondale, which is about 15 miles from or so. Really either one isn't that far so maybe I'll visit each?

Old 08-19-2012, 05:00 PM
fourstar40

It's about six miles from US 30 to the north. you go north on 109 then left on Co Rd 500 then right on Co Rd 125. It just up 125 about a 1/4 of a mile.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:02 PM
BillinIndiana

It's about six miles from US 30 to the north. you go north on 109 then left on Co Rd 500 then right on Co Rd 125. It just up 125 about a 1/4 of a mile.
Thanks, I just might have to get a hold of someone there about teaching me.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:42 PM
fourstar40

There is almost always somebody at the field on Sunday afternoon if the weather is good. I am an instructor in the club. My name is Dan and I usually have my "Air Force Veteran" ball cap on.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:29 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

The Kadet MK II  was my very first build / RC plane ever..  I built it when I was about 16..  I just loved this plane..  it flew great, and was capable of some aerobatics..  the guys at my field said that they had never seen a Trainer knife edge like mine did..  with enough throw, that plane can do some pretty cool things..  I could even do outside loops with mine..  Lots of throw can do lots of cool things!!  but save those throws for later down the road when you get very proficient at flying... 

As far as the build is concerned, it took me about 6 months to build mine, but I am a slow builder tho...  I have a Northstar that I started building when I was 18 or so, and its bare bones are sitting about 5 feet from me, waiting to be finished, I am 46 now..  How is that for slow builder?? 

Craig
Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 PM
BillinIndiana

There is almost always somebody at the field on Sunday afternoon if the weather is good. I am an instructor in the club. My name is Dan and I usually have my "Air Force Veteran" ball cap on.
Nice to hear from you Dan, I'll try to look you up some Sunday.. I'm bald, have a goatee and walk with a cane.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:03 PM
BillinIndiana

ORIGINAL: SeaJay
As far as the build is concerned, it took me about 6 months to build mine, but I am a slow builder tho... I have a Northstar that I started building when I was 18 or so, and its bare bones are sitting about 5 feet from me, waiting to be finished, I am 46 now.. How is that for slow builder??

Craig
Ha, I think even without any experience I should be able to finish one quicker than that..
Old 08-19-2012, 11:43 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: thailazer

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

Here's my scrollsaw.
Not to hijack the thread, but curious as to what you are cutting out there AmishWarlord.
In that photo I'm cutting out a laminated crutch for a plane I named the Henry Hawk.

I definitely have the Mark II on my winter build list. Lets make this post a group build post!