Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

LHS Rant!

Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 PM
GerKonig

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: LHS Rant!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Speedy-Gonzales

NEVER changed the oil in your car? Never????
Gonzalez es un apellido español... Never ever, did I change the oil in my car. Why would I? I do not change brake pads, and in most cases I do not wash cars either. Has to be a nice day to play with water to see me wash a car... Do not attempt to talk me into it, I'm 62 now:-)

If I have time to waste to wash my car on a weekend I head to the field with 2 RC models (or 3) and then, on my way home I drive the SUV trough the car wash...

Vehicle maintenance is done by a mechanic. In the past I used Jiffy Lube for oil changes, but for the last 8 years I use a shop close to my home. Great guy, his hobby is shooting videos of parachute jumpers on weekends. As a redeeming factor, I have to say that I enjoy mowing the lawn from time to time.

I fly full size airplanes with friends when I can, enjoy going to Sun and Fun, and Oshkosh, I like looking at them, but I would never attempt to build an experimental. As a matter of fact of the real pilots I know (real planes, not toys, like mine), nobody built his/her own airplane. Well, one exception, but it was an ultralight...

Gerry
Old 08-20-2012, 05:33 AM
Speedy-Gonzales

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

SĂ*, pero mi apellido real es Wann. Mis compañeros modelistas llaman Speedy González porque volar pilĂłn y mi apellido era Wann es a veces incomprendido como Juan. Gracias por preguntar. Espero que usted está tomando esto con una sonrisa ya que yo le estoy ataques acerca de no cambiar su propio aceite. Todo está en buen humor.

I am of the proud American "Heinz 57" breed but I have learned some Spanish!

Salute Amigo!

Dennis Wann
AMA 107306
Revver Bro #182
Old 10-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Handiman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It is a shame that a place (LHS) are in the shape mmost of them are in. 
I feel it starts with the people that work for the LHS. I went to a big box store
thinking they would have inventorythat I got touch. NO. They had 1 4 stroke in the case.
"one of those boxes might have one" was his responce after he pointed to the one 
that was on the top shelf in an open box. I thought wow dont hurt yourself. There were about 
6 people in the store. Well I lost my eagerness to spend my money there.
So I decided I should call all the shops to to see who had inventory they could sell me this
afternoon. Well in the D/FW Metroplex I called 5 shops. 1 shop had what I wanted. A 4 stroke
glow in  the .40 - .56 size range. I got to the LHS and they had enough to fill an 8ft display case.
So I bought the motor and more. $450.00 worth. So I might of been in seach of something that 
isn't the most wanted but you can't tell me they needed 15 different airsoft guns, which 1/4th 
of them were the same price as the motor I was looking for, and I was informed that the brand 
I was asking about wasn't worth the cost and I should concider the other brands. That weren't in stock.
Point is you can't sell what you don't have. The employees need to learn about what they are selling.  
Well I have said enough and I will return to the LHS that took care of me today. They are surrounded by road c
construction but I prefer to see before I buy. 

Old 10-21-2012, 07:46 AM
carrellh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Handiman, not sure where you bought the engine...
Roy’s, in Hurst, seems to have the best selection and the most interest in planes.
Mike’s, in Carrollton, used to have tons of airplane stuff. His focus is now on cars but he still usually has the best fuel prices.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Handiman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Winner Winner. I bought the motor at Roy's. I was at Mike's earlier in the week and no one would come over and talk. He didn't have anything smaller than a .72 in stock so I guess it didnt matter. But they didn't know that info.
Mike's is a place I have spent thousands at racing cars (2wd buggy, 4wd and trucks)
Mike could cover everyone if he and the others care. He has some car guys that care and so it does well. But it could be so much more.
Oh we'll it is what it is and I will go to Roy's first and order from them if they don't have what I went for.

Good day

Old 03-03-2014, 07:46 AM
funnotcrazy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree with some of the above posts. See my thread "Building an ARF or RTF?" in the kit building section. That one got some tempers flaring...
Old 03-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Calvinman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have not read this entire thread, but would like to give kudo's to our LHS in Winnipeg. They will match any online price(adjusted for our Canadian dollar). They have stock for just about any RC interest and are very helpful. I try to buy everything from them as losing our LHS(only 2 in Winnipeg) would be a pain.

Calvi

Search this Thread