Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Heritage RC Hellcat

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Heritage RC Hellcat

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 AM
edbu1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heritage RC Hellcat

I recently acquired one of these vintage kits. I found a build thread here on RCU, but no reports on flying. Anybody else build and fly one of these? Would like to get your impressions/comments on the kit quality, build difficulty and flying characteristics.

Ed
Old 08-29-2012, 02:49 PM
hrrcflyer

Default RE: Heritage RC Hellcat

Ed,

You may have better luck in the Warbird Forum with this question. Maybe you can ask a Moderator to move it for you.

Good luck in your search. I just LOVE Hellcats............

David
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ED there actually less vintage than you would think

the Skyshark Hellcat kit is a virtual copy of the Heritage kit http://www.skysharkrc.com/category/F6F-Hellcat-Kit-71 matter of fact Skyshark has a fiberglass cowl for the kit if you want to buy one from them Vs the plastic one that comes in the box

I happen to have 2 of these kits new in the box one has never even been opened and the other was slightly damaged by UPS the one I am likely to build I need to get through some other projects first
Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 AM
edbu1

Thanks for the info, bigtim. I've followed some of your build information on other warbirds in these forums. Not sure if I'll build this particular kit, though. I've got several other builds in the queue ahead of it. I looked at the Skyshark web site. $300 for this Hellcat kit. Yikes! I don't know if I should build it, or put it in a safe deposit box!