Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Goldberg Tiger Club

Leroy, I usually take a photo, and bring it into a graphics program, and do everything on there. then delete the photo, and only the graphics are left.
    I have a bunch of black and yellow, so I am going to use up what I have however I will probably add yellow to the leading edge, as black sometimes can disappear, just before touchdown.
    ED
    Goldberg Tiger Club #25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya black and yellow too espially in the fall of the year around here..We have a mountain that is at the end of out strip and when you drop down somtimes our plane will disapear...Black is a bad colour on the leading edge ...If you can get somthing real bright it really helps
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah I almost lost my Flying machine on final, when it dropped below the tree line, it just disappeared. but I found it and brought it in, after that I put some bright green strips on the leading edge, and it was fine.
    ED
    Goldberg Tiger Club #25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think landing lights might be a good idea , with the new bright led's that they have now ...
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

leroy, nice workshop!!
    AMA 414878 - Cub brotherhood - Tiger Club #1
    Club Saito #789 - 50,91,125,125,150S,180

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thailazer

Leroy.. How can you not enjoy spending time in your shop with that P-51 sitting there. Nice!

Unrelated to Tigers... I have some of those red and blue bins in my shop too but for the life of me I don't know how they should be mounted. Do they have a rail at the back or is there a shelf holding them up?
    Hi Toivo, I agree the mustang looks good there but the wing needs to come off so I can get it off that table, will do that soon. My wife worked at Ace Hardware in P.F. and when they up graded their bins I bought some of the old ones for $5.00 ea. There are 6 cubbys and bins in ea. one, I have 8 for a total of 48 bins and I made up the red ones. They are full of nails, screws and alot of misc., they really come in handy.

I have a nice shop, well insulated and a 92% forced gas furnace, it's called THE DOG HOUSE and I spend alot in it, ha ha .
    Leroy Tiger Club # 53, TF 1/5th P-51 mustang
    Eagle 2 11, bashed Tiger 60, Spacewalker 11 1/4 scale
    P-51 Mustang Brotherhood #28, Sig Brotherhood #12
    If it works for you there is still a wrong way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bikerbc

Leroy I gotta tell you out of all the Tigers I have built and seen built I am finding what you are doing with yours to be the most interesting of all...I am itching to see it finished and how it will fly...You are doing a fantastic job...Do you have access to a lazer cutter? Your parts look so clean and acurate..Nice work... Looking great Ed..I like your colour scheme
    How's Biker doing, been getting anything done on the Spit's. When I started the Tiger I said it would be a fun build and it sure is. I'm just making a better plane out of it, out of the box it's kinda flimsy but it's a good kit to bash. No lazer, my trusty Riobi schroll saw does most of it, some on the table saw and finish some on the articulating spindle/belt sander. All great tools for what I'm doing,"oh and the drill press", gotta have one of them. I don't have a problem doing precision work, done it much of my life.

Thank you for the very kind words, I'm glad you like it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nh4clo4

Leroy, I usually take a photo, and bring it into a graphics program, and do everything on there. then delete the photo, and only the graphics are left.
    I have a bunch of black and yellow, so I am going to use up what I have however I will probably add yellow to the leading edge, as black sometimes can disappear, just before touchdown.
    EDÂ*
    Ed your right about that, some colors are just wrong for some area's, they need to be thought out some. I'm going to spend some more time looking at planes in the Sport section. I'm not sure what I could do on this computer, alot of it is over my head. You can do alot if you have the hardware, I don't think I do.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes work is progressing on the wings...The ailerons and flaps are cut out and will be shaped shortly ..Soon work will start on the retratcts..The wells are built but not in place yet...This is takeing time because of building two . Thanks for asking

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just about done with fuse. mods. top of cowl is about all thats left except for cowling which I'll have to make. Changes made the profile more pleasing, I think it's going to look nice when it's finished. Wheels look small at 2 3/4", I think I'll go with some larger ones, I have 2" prop clearance with a 16" prop as it is in the plane position which isn't bad. Engine looks like a power house on this baby, guess the plane will just follow it around or steer it around, ha ha, I think it's called flying off the prop.

Canopy housing turned out nice, actual canopy had 4 1/2" removed and being removal will make getting at controls and batteries so much easier. I think I'll sheet the wings but just cover the rest, I'm not concerned about weight as it won't add that much.

Won't up load picts., try later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw67125.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	1828065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk31277.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	1828066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz79195.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	1828067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy78880.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	1828068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw68007.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	1828069  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi
    ok the puppy is in trouble she chew up my throw gauages anyone know what the throw are for rudder,aleiron,elevtor thanks rye

Name:	Qo39155.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	1828321  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Puppy looks like it is up beside its Mom....If puppy was left where it had access to your plane it is not its fault that it got chewed on..Puppys just love to chew on stuff and if it has your smell on it even better...Like your slippers make a good chew...I would like to know more about the plane before recomending controle throws..Things like motor size , all up weight , etc. etc .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rye

hi
    ok the puppy is in trouble she chew up my throw gauages anyone know what the throw are for rudder,aleiron,elevtor thanks rye
    My puppy loves to chew up wood too. Have to be real careful with projects! Here is the aileron gage that you can print off. It might be bigger but the angles should remain the same. I set my Tiger 2 up with 3/8 inch up and down on the elevator. Good luck.

Name:	Rp43330.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	1828361  
    Tiger Flyer #49

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like this thread went to the dogs. I said aways back that maybe this wasn't a good place to build my plane, just not much intrest found here. Goldberg Tiger Club is not conducive for building because it suggests it's for those that already have a Tiger not those that are building one.

I think I'll take it the some where that will find those intrested in a very unique bashing of this Tiger 60 kit and show what can be accomplished with this inexpensive kit. There are those that build and those that bash that would enjoy what I'm doing.

When I get it done I'll come back and post pictures of it like the other club members have done to make my membership official.

I will venture back if for no other reason to find out if anyone even cares. So much for a Tiger party, should have been fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Leroy, sorry to her that, post pictures when you are done, and put a link to your thread.

Well I got the covering started, changed it up a little
    keep getting error will try larer
    Goldberg Tiger Club #25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a picture so far, Note the fin isn't glued on yet, I will need to get the elevators installed first.
    ED

Name:	Mk25606.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	1828580  
    Goldberg Tiger Club #25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I for one would like to follow you Leroy and if I could I would be building one of my own using some of your ideas and some of mine...I just dont have the time or space plus this darn stroke is buggering me up..My hands and head arn't working properly...Pls. let me know where you go..I haven't been all that interested in some of this threads content a time or two either...However It has generated quite few Tiger enthuists to get together and talk about our planes...This is more of a Tiger club than a Tiger Build ..If you start a Tiger build it could be a lonely place for awhile..I have seen where a guy will build a plane all by himself and sometimes it will just explode with interest...There is an old Tiger build on here somewhere , I know because I am on there , It was pretty good....It dosent look like there are many guys building rite now...Just luck of the draw

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looks great. i think that your black and yellow trim scheme came out as the best of the two colors I have ever seen.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am done with my tiger 60 build. i now have three tigers. I don't think i will build another unless something happens to one of mine. I would bet this is the most active goldberg tiger site on all of the internet. it has been on the top most active sites on rcuniverse several times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Leroy.... A lot of build threads are pretty quiet right now. I would love to see your build here. Regarding your Tiger Club number, didn't jkr get you one already? You got a lot of Tiger there!

Tiger Flyer #49

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks JKR,

I am hoping to finish real soon, our club meeting is Thursday, should be able to bring a complete plane there. Right now the wheel pants are in paint, all control surfaces hinged and attached, hopefully start installing servos tonight.
    ED
    Goldberg Tiger Club #25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what do we say dogs? anyone going to fly the tiger this weekend? I am going to try to burn half a gallon in mine.

as i always say. "if you can't run with the big tigers, stay on the porch"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unfortunately our field is under snow, I'm just trying to get a head start on building. for Spring.

I atatched an updated picture, at first i didn't care for the scheme, but now tha I got the orange and white on, and the pants painted, I am pretty happy with it, the bottom is solid yellow.

Just need to hook up throttle, fuel tank, and mount the switch, receiver ,battery.
    Came out at 8.00 pounds and it looks like it will balance without any added weight.

ED

Name:	Sq47070.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	1829262  
    Goldberg Tiger Club #25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nh4clo4

Unfortunately our field is under snow, I'm just trying to get a head start on building. for Spring.

I atatched an updated picture, at first i didn't care for the scheme, but now tha I got the orange and white on, and the pants painted, I am pretty happy with it, the bottom is solid yellow.

Just need to hook up throttle, fuel tank, and mount the switch, receiver ,battery.
    Came out at 8.00 pounds and it looks like it will balance without any added weight.

EDÂ*

It looks very nice, stripes came out very nice. now to see how it flies. i bet it goes up and needs no trim.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats a nice looking Tiger...I am surprized ..Tigers are usually tail heavy and need nose weight . If I rember rite I had to add 6 oz to the last one I built . I have an OS 75 AX on for power . Good luck with your Maiden...It sure looks good. If it flys as good as it looks you are going to have a very nice plane that you can be very proud of , c\\ongratulations...Our field is under snow too...We have an Anual NewYears Day fly at our field ..I will fly one of my trainers off floats...I have an LT40 or maybe a Saratoga but I would not want to maiden a brand new Tiger in the winter either really..Waiting for spring is a pain in the butt , but all good things are worth waiting for. Actually thats the same thing that happened to me the last time I built a Tiger..I finished it in Feb.

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast