Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Wing incidence 2.1m Composite ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Wing incidence 2.1m Composite ARF

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 11:58 AM
mofosheee
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing incidence 2.1m Composite ARF

Dear Bro's

I recently damaged my 2.1m Yak 54 on landing where both horizontal stab mounting pads were severly damaged. This repair is nearly complete except for setting the incidence of the horizontal stabs with respect to the wings.

My objective is 0 degrees on the wings and horizontal stabs with respect to the fuselage center line.

While I am using a Robart incidence meter and the fuselage has no longeron, I am having difficulty in determining when the fuselage is level.

I have not been able to find any info on the internet, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks all in advance

M0f0sheee
Old 09-08-2012, 11:59 AM
mofosheee

Default RE: Wing incidence 2.1m Composite ARF

Dear Bro's

I recently damaged my 2.1m Yak 54 on landing where both horizontal stab mounting pads were severly damaged. This repair is nearly complete except for setting the incidence of the horizontal stabs with respect to the wings.

My objective is 0 degrees on the wings and horizontal stabs with respect to the fuselage center line.

While I am using a Robart incidence meter and the fuselage has no longeron, I am having difficulty in determining when the fuselage is level.

I have not been able to find any info on the internet, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks all in advance

M0f0sheee

Hide Signatures
Old 09-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ****sheee

Dear Bro's

Thanks all in advance

M0f0sheee

Hide Signatures
****sheee,

Your main wing already assembled to the fuselage determine the fuselage angle in flight.
That angle will vary as the angle of attack of the main wings varies during flight.

You want both incidence at zero.
Support your model so that the chord of the main wings is horizontal using a level instrument.

Then simply set your stablizers to also be at zero.
Results will be a decalage angle of zero as well.

Voila ___simple.

Zor
Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Zor
Banned

****sheee,

I do not know why there is four stars showing in your name.

When I go to edit your name is normal without stars and shows as ****sheee .

Let us see what happens with the line above.

Zor

Editing again and spelling your name without the capitals.

So now typing without capitals ****sheee . . .
and again with the capitals ****sheee

What is happening ?

Zor
Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

The auto edit is removing any possibly objectionable words or slang words from posts , Think about M O F O and its slang meaning.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:13 PM
SeamusG

That's precisely why the OP spells his name with "0" (zero) and not "O". Cute.

The incidence of the fuse doesn't matter much. Like Zor said, use a leveling device to get the wing at 0 degrees and support the fuse with whatever you have available (soup cans, boxes, scrap balsa, etc.). I've my Robart incidence meter to set the mounted wing at 0. Then either a string level or incidence meter to measure the stab. Shim stab as needed, glue it, and then fly it.

Ya gotta post a pic or two.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:16 PM
mofosheee

Zor. The input received for addressing the incidences are greatly appreciated.

As for ****sheee.........it is simply pronounced; moah-fosh-eee. I have no idea what anybody is attempting to; imply, interpret or suggest regarding the use or "slang meaning" of this name. How one attempts to interpret is beyond my control and I might add that there is no offense or disrespect intended. Thank you.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Zor
Banned

Thanks for the explanation folks.

I did not know or realize that these 4 characters had anything to do with slang and its meaning.

Zor