Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

ECOMRC Fokker D-VII wing incidence

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

ECOMRC Fokker D-VII wing incidence

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default ECOMRC Fokker D-VII wing incidence

I have a ECOMRC 1/5 scale Fokker D-VII and the instructions from the manufacture does not go into wing incidence. It comes with a couple of plywood formers for the incidence for top and bottom wing but the instructions do nothing for the small wing between the wheels. If you put it togther acorrding to the plans that wing has about 3 degrees positive incidence. I fell this must be wrong and am hopeing that someone here in the Kit Building forum knows what the incidence of that wing should be.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:42 PM
SkyPilot101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ECOMRC Fokker D-VII wing incidence

Jim, I searched this fourm for wing incidence and found many posts, this might e of some help

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=603698
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 PM
jstanton

Thanks I'll take a look see.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:53 PM
jlsimon
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim,
Based on the BUSA Fokker aircraft I've built, they normally had the sub wing set at 0Ëš incidence. Just curious about power choices for this airplane. Its identical to the 1/4 scale N11 in size and weight so I thought a G23 would be perfect for this airframe but I don't know if it would fit side to side. Can you tell me what's the inside width of the engine compartment? Regards, Jerry
Old 11-18-2012, 06:40 AM
jstanton

Jerry,

The width of the fire wall is 5 1/2" and it is 6 3/8" for firewall to prop hub. Troy Built Models recommended the DLE-30 engine for the plane. I had to get the JTEC naroow inverted muffler to get the engine to fit. Even with the DLE-30 in this plane I still had to add 1lb of weight to the cheaks of the nose to get it to balance at the recommended 4 1/2"(114mm). I hope to try and do another maiden flight by next weekend.