Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Houston, I have a problem!!!!

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Houston, I have a problem!!!!

Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Houston, I have a problem!!!!

I just let the powers that be at the lake bed know I have hopes of flooding, that will put me in good light with the other guys. It's still raining here but it takes a Monsoon to flood it or at least several days of very heavy rain. We are just getting the normal winter rain that makes the roads getting into the lake bed impassable and muddy but I have a motive and an old pair of waders so I can walk into the lake bed. I quit flying out there this year and have my own secret spot. Easy in and out with no mud. I have invited the guys to come out with me but a lot of them have never landed on a given runway so it scares them. [&o] Oh well, open air space all for myself.
Gene
Old 02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Mark Thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taking a look at you photo it appears that the water ruder is only on the right side. This would add weight to the right side causing that float to sit lower in the water. Having built and flowen a number of float planes it apears to me that the floats are too small for this plane. A bigger set of floats would help the plane to sit a little higher.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mark Thomas

Taking a look at you photo it appears that the water ruder is only on the right side. This would add weight to the right side causing that float to sit lower in the water. Having built and flowen a number of float planes it apears to me that the floats are too small for this plane. A bigger set of floats would help the plane to sit a little higher.
The last picture I have seen shows thateither ___
The CG is too far back . . . or
The floats are mounted too far ahead.

I understood that Gray Beard is happy with that situation.
That is his prerogative.

Zor