Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

BTE Venture 60 Kits Available This Week

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

BTE Venture 60 Kits Available This Week

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BTE Venture 60 Kits Available This Week

Got a note from Bruce Tharp Engineering this morning. It states that the Venture 60 kit is finally available. http://www.btemodels.com/venture.html Thought you guys might like to know.

PS: I ordered mine before I posted this note
Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 PM
GaryHarris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BTE Venture 60 Kits Available This Week

Just waiting on my tax refund. Any day now!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:14 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've already got mine on order. Bruce says that business is brisk. He also says that the Delta Vortex will (hopefully) be back in to Production by March. I have to get another one of those as well.

Does anyone know if there have been any build threads for the Venture 60 anywhere?

Bob
Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 PM
GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: N1EDM

I've already got mine on order. Bruce says that business is brisk. He also says that the Delta Vortex will (hopefully) be back in to Production by March. I have to get another one of those as well.

Does anyone know if there have been any build threads for the Venture 60 anywhere?

Bob

Start one!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 PM
N1EDM

I've got other projects in the fire already, so I won't be starting the V60 for a while. I don't think that there will be much to improve this kit, being a BTE design, but I was curious if anyone had done anything to 'personalize' it. If I keep my work neat, maybe I might dare to cover it with transparent covering this time

Bob
Old 01-27-2013, 10:33 PM
GAP-RCU

Bob
Well, I didn't do a full build thread, but I posted a short thread about mine, that included some customizations. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10439058]Link[/link]
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM
N1EDM

Thanks, Gap. That was interesting. I was wondering about that sheeting myself. Rather than modify this wing, I wonder what a 2nd wing would cost so that I could experiment to see the differences between the original wing and one with a sheeted LE. Do you think that 1/16" is thick enough for this, based on your experience?

Bob
Old 01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Yucholian
My Feedback: (7)

I have a kit on order. I plan to shorten the wing by 1 rib bay.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 PM
N1EDM

Does anyone know what airfoil is used? Maybe I should just trace one of the ribs and play around with it if I get into the mood to experiment.

Bob
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM
GAP-RCU

Thanks, Gap. That was interesting. I was wondering about that sheeting myself. Rather than modify this wing, I wonder what a 2nd wing would cost so that I could experiment to see the differences between the original wing and one with a sheeted LE. Do you think that 1/16'' is thick enough for this, based on your experience?

Bob
The LE sheeting was easy enough to do, as I described in my other thread, so I'm not sure that I'd bother with getting a second wing. 1/16 is plenty good for flight loads, but I know it wouldn't work well with my propensity for hanger rash. I tend to handle the plane a lot by the wing's LE, so 3/32 works much better for me. If you handle you planes very gently, then 1/16 would certainly be a lighter option. As I noted in my thread, my version of the V60 is very heavy, but it works well for me and how I like to fly (if I could only find the time to fly more often).
Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 AM
oldtyme

Thanks, Gap. That was interesting. I was wondering about that sheeting myself. Rather than modify this wing, I wonder what a 2nd wing would cost so that I could experiment to see the differences between the original wing and one with a sheeted LE. Do you think that 1/16'' is thick enough for this, based on your experience?

Bob
Hey Bob,

What I did was buy a second set of wing ribs and the aileron servo kit..........didn't cost much. I plan on sheeting the leading edge and making flaps as well as dual aileron servos. That way I have two wing configurations.
Andy
Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 PM
N1EDM

That's what I'm thinking of doing too... Buying a wing kit is about the same cost as getting a new set laser cut. Gotta save up some change first though.... I may order them when I get another DV.

Bob
Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 PM
stefanP

I emailedbruce the other day.Asked him if Ihad to get on a list.He said he cut a good amount of V60 kits this time.My payment is going in the mail friday .If you want one don't wait too long.
stefanP
Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine arrived today; ordered about three weeks ago.

Its amazing how he gets all that wood, canopy, etc., crammed into such a skinny box. I don't dare unpack it until I'm ready to build it...

Old 02-12-2013, 11:52 AM
AwwNaww

Mine came in the 8th. The wood is very nice!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Warbird40
My Feedback: (24)

I am very impressed with the Venture kit myself. I was looking around the back shelves of my LHS and came across it on the bottom of the shelf towards the back tucked away. It was a trade in along with 10 or so other kits. I bought it along a Sig 4*40 for the low price of $110!......Boy im I lucky! Will be building the 4*! first.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
teamwilly

G'day all

Today I have received BTE's F. King and the long awaited Venture60. Both kits were packed and boxed by someone who takes great pleasure and care to deliver the most complete kit to date in my time in this hobby.
I had a brief look inside the box to make sure nothing was damaged in transit. The quality of wood and the precision of manufacture  is beyond any of my expectations. Bruce has earned every bit of praise that was ever inked on the rc forums,and rightly deserved these. In this day and age of cheap "china waffles" and china produced ARF's from leading manufactures,to then open a BTE box ,wow .....does not compare !

To all that are undecided , treat yourself s to something very special.

Many thanks to Lone Star Charles to let the cat out the bag.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:43 PM
N1EDM

Team,

My Venture 60 arrived in exactly the same condition. Beautifully packed, fantastic wood selection.

I can honestly say that I have never heard a negative comment regarding Bruce Tharpe kits (www.btemodels.com) by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm waiting for him to release the Delta Vortex. I fly mine pretty hard and I'd just like to have one in the bank for when the inevitable happens. He had said that he was hoping to get them back on the shelves sometime this Spring.

Bob
Old 03-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Warbird40
My Feedback: (24)

I also bought one last month that was manufactured in 2001 and I also very impressed with the quality of the kit.....will be building it this summer.