Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kitbuilder if...,

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

You might be a Kitbuilder if...,

Old 03-22-2015, 01:34 PM
FlyWheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyer35
How about your kit showing up on Valentines Day and wifey thinks its flowers.
Or worse, you see the parts of that kit beautifuly arranged in a flowerpot on the kitchen table!

Originally Posted by biam
Dont forget the kit box full of left over monocote scraps, just in case you need a patch.
Guilty as charged, I have two old kit boxes devoted to holding rolls of unused UltraCote, one for opaque the other for transparents!

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
You might be a kitbuilder if you have a garage that holds more than one car but only one fits. And it requires the driver to crawl out the window when pulling it in because the door won't open because of all the airplanes and paraphernalia stacked up! OK this isn't my garage SWMBO wouldn't stand for it but it does sound like my buddy's garage!
I have a two car garage and both vehicles spend all their off time parked in the driveway because neither will fit in the garage which, BTW it's referred to as the SHOP (Garage? What garage? We have a garage? ).

You might be a kit builder if...

You own a postal scale that has never in it's five year life seen a single envelope or package.

You never say "CrazyGlue" or "SuperGlue" anymore.

You start judging music by how well it will go with your next maiden video

A successful maiden is a bittersweet event because it means the best part is over.

You start selling your best planes just so you can build another one.

You put yourself to sleep at night thinking about what color scheme would be best for your next build.

You cannot sleep at night because you're thinking about what color scheme would be best for your next build.

I guess I'm a kit builder.

Last edited by FlyWheel; 03-22-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:04 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm guilty of the last two....
Old 03-22-2015, 05:50 PM
skyraider71

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you stash prized vintage kits under your daughter's bed so they are not exposed to the
heat and humidity of the garage.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I see a couple that I'm guilty of.
Go on a road trip, with the wife and take an incomplete R/C along. While heading to Detroit and then Madison IN from the Pacific Northwest, stopped in Missoula MT, Minneapolis MN and Dayton OH for supplies and tools needed while working on it every night in the hotels along the way to get the thing done enough to actually use. When back home, rework what wasn't done to personal standards with ACTUAL TOOLS rather than a Dremel, power drill and Exacto knives
Old 03-23-2015, 05:34 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You know you are a kit builder when you drive 9 hours in a packed full Corolla to a WW1 fly so that you have no room to buy anything.. and then come home with a started 1/4 Nieuport 11 kit anyhow !

Last edited by foodstick; 03-23-2015 at 05:37 PM.