Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Guillows Lancer build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Guillows Lancer build

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 08:36 PM
ejam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guillows Lancer build

Well I haven't been on here in a long time. But Im ready to get back into flying and building. But first, I got my 2 boys a simple kit to start them in building. They have the Guillows lancer. My son wanted me to start this thread to pick the experts brain on building light and strong. I will have him get on here tomorrow and post pictures and questions. feel free to post advise and tips and tricks.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Guillows Lancer build

Great to see a thread from an old friend. Now you need to stay on the build and when its finished start the next. Don't leave any time for you to change your mind. Yours Paul T
Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Let the building begin!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
ejam

I have been trying to post a picture on here, but keep getting error server problem. Here goes another try. Both my boys have worked on the planes over the weekend and have the fever for flying again! We have been away from our club for 2 years and its time to get back into fly/building again. well, the picture did not upload again. There must be a problem with this site, cause I had problems sunday just getting on the forums. Will try again tomorrow.
My son wanted to post on here asking if he should use the tissue from the kit or use a light weight covering?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, not being an expert, I can say that it is perfectly safe to use the supplied tissue. The Lancer and Javelin were my very first two successful free flight planes, built as per the plans and using only the supplied hardware and materials. Reason for saying were my planes is my cat chewed one up, and my mother dropped the basement window on the other while cleaning. This was all about fifteen years ago.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:05 AM
FlyerInOKC

Try Again I think picture uploading is fixed again.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
ejam

Well here goes another try. It looks liked it worked. At this point in the build stage, I an wondering if this model needs the dope prosses. I had used tissue on one other guillows model but used thinned elmers glue. what are your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45227.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1870525  
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 PM
ejam

Quigleywins, just wanted to let you know that I have got my memberships up to date, and plan on going saturday to our club to fly. I am going to start out on my Parkzone Radian, I dont want to risk taking the butterfly up just yet. Hopefuly there will be some video up soon!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:41 PM
ejam

Well, not much building happened this weekend. We did make it out to the club and did alittle flying. We took out our trusty Parkzone Radian to get us back in touch with flying. It was great. And then today We took out the sweet Parkzone T-28. The lipo battery had been in storage for almost two years and still had 12.0v so I did a fresh charge and took her up. Take off was fine and flying was fine, so I handed the controls over to my son. He had it in the air for maybe 3min. and battery died. He did a good job of saving it, but did crash. The only damage was the rear pins that hold the wing in, came out with a chunck of foam. We had some epoxy and fixed it, but put the plane away due to the battery. I did not want to take the chance with that battery. Hopefully there will be an update on the building next week.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 AM
FlyerInOKC

I see a Li-po purchase in your future!