Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Wanted: Gee Bee Model E info

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Wanted: Gee Bee Model E info

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:29 AM
KingOfClass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Gee Bee Model E info

Does anyone have any information on Coverite's Gee Bee Model E kit? I bought a fuselage of one and I'm looking to complete it. Does anyone have the airfoil templates and/or know of somewhere I can get the wheel pants and cowl? I ordered a set of the Brodak plans but i'm not entirely sure it's the same plane. I've been searching around since this past summer. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:31 PM
jkpape

Plans are available through Flying Model Mag for the D model. The coverite Model D & E were from those plans. Brodak model E wing was re-designed by Spirit of Yesteryear. The Brodak Model D used the original wing as designed by Henry Haffke. You should be able to get the cowl & wheel pants from Brodak. They are the same as what came with the coverite kit.

Last edited by jkpape; 12-08-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:06 PM
KingOfClass

I've spoken with Brodak before and they did not allow me to purchase the individual cowl and wheel pants. so the model E plans have the proper fuse while the model D plans have the proper wings?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:23 PM
jkpape

There's a few minor changes to the e model fuse because of the different wing. The Bodak plans don't have patterns of the parts. Your best bet is to order the Model D plans from Flying Model Mag (Carsons Publishing) They were published in 1978 and are still available. Just make sure you don't order the 1/4 scale D plans.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:16 PM
KingOfClass

Thanks! i'll order the plans closer to christmas. anything else I should know?