Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Stinson Reliant Challenge

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Stinson Reliant Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Nick R.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stinson Reliant Challenge

Hi All, Well I took the plunge and bought a Sig Top Flite giant Stinson Reliant SR 9. The box was open so I was very leery, but when the clerk guaranteed it was complete for $265.00 I just had to go.It took me all day to inventory the kit, only thing missing was 1 clevis(yee haw). When I spread the plans on the kitchen table I was thoroughly surprised at how detailed it was, I have built some commercial buildings in my time and these plans were as good +1 for Top Flite, I hope I can depend on this forum for a few details that might elude me, I will take photos and keep you all posted, next problem is the path to posting from photobucket I'm also using a mac. Merry Christmas to all Nick R.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Wagon1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Nick. Good luck with this kit. It looks like a giant Guillows build, Sure is a beauty when done. What are plans for power? I'm looking forward to your build.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:45 AM
Nick R.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Wagon, Have no plans for power just yet, hoping it will turn out well enough that someone with a power plant for that scale will be interested in buying it.If not It will join my strip built kayaks on the wall that don't sell.First step is cleaning the shop It's a bloody mess and finding a place for the 1/2 finished guitar ( Martin D18), this model is a monster. I see that you are a long time member of this forum, can you steer me to where I can find info on posting photos
Old 12-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Wagon1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way I know of is to select the photo image in the tool bar on the top of the reply box. It will allow you to upload photos from your computer. I seem to have trouble loading more than one or two per post. Others can do multiple photos. I'm sure sure how they do it. Hopefully someone else can shed some light....