Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gretz View Post
    The gathering of the SIG BROTHERHOOD at Toledo was great fun. It was good to put faces to the names we see here. Thank you to RCKEN for coming up with this idea of a meet-and-greet at the SIG booth. It was a last minute effort so we had no idea how many would show up.

I can ID some of the guys in the photo (I talked to everyone in the photo, but if it was the first time we've met I'm bad about remembering names - I usually start to remember about the fourth time we've met).

SIG CEO Herb Rizzo is holding the new green SOMETHIN EXTRA ARF that was debuted at Toledo (also comes in red and white).

Barely visible on Herb's left shoulder, looking sideways, is SIG co-owner Ron Petterec.

Holding the new 70in span T-CLIPS ARF is RCU's own video interviewer/product reviewer Geoff Barber.

Loving the HOG-BIPE kit is RCKEN himself.

Holding the SEALANE kit is another RCU product reviewer and all around great guy Jim Buzzeo. Hmmm ... why would a guy from Minnesota be holding a seaplane?

acdii, are you in the photo?

There were more members of the brotherhood who were at the show on Friday but couldn't stay until the gathering on Saturday, so they are not in the photo.

Thanks to all who came. We will do it again at Toledo 2015.

By the way, here is a link to the upcoming SIG FLY-IN in June .. http://www.iflyherr.com/trans/2014_Sig_RC_FlyIn.pdf

Mike Gretz
    SIG Mfg Co

I'm next to Bob, and between Ken and Geoff(who happens to be the one I was having a hard time trying to remember his name. Hi Geoff!) I'm the one putting the Magnum 91 on the T-clips when I get it!
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    1 - Larry K (Live Wire)
    2 - skylark-flier
    3 - acdii
    4 - RCKen
    5 - DGUY
    6 - DBD1
    7 - fix-n-fly
    8 - foodstick
    9 - UPF-7
    10 - jeffie8696
    11 - skyrat71
    12 - Leroy Gardner
    13 - CanDo
    14 - JPMacG
    15 - Thunder Chicken
    16 - 5skyhawk172
    17 - Cutlass 60
    18 - Mr-Punk
    19 - Sabreryder
    20 - eastkurt
    21 - FlyerInOKC
    22 - rtn9105
    23 - oliveDrab
    24 - triumphman49
    25 - ARUP
    26 - willig10
    27 - malitape
    28 - OLDFLYER2
    29 - justin80
    30 - Jim Branaum
    31 - crawler tech
    32 - yel914
    33 - ThunderBoat42
    34 - sbd-3
    35 - Thatsakitbuilt
    36 - blw
    37 - Mike Gretz
    38 - Mako17
    39 - jeffie8696
    40 - deanz406
    41 - bchapman
    42 - SrTelemaster150
    43 - SushiHunter
    44 - n8rloves2fly
    45 - M_Callahan
    46 - carlosponti
    47 - xxwolfyxx
    48 - landeck
    49 - cherokeenut
    50 - Mark Thomas
    51 - rphiii
    52 - n0kjf
    53 - cymaz
    54 - OldRookie
    55 - gosch
    56 - ThunderChicken72
    57 - lfd47
    58 - bikerbc
    59 - badger5964
    60 - N1EDM
    61 - Hfrank
    62 - Lowvoltage
    63 - US185Damiani
    64 - hsukaria
    65 - lkruse
    66 - Sgt. Meyer
    67 - G-JIMG
    68 - Hydro Junkie
    69 - Twin_Flyer
    70 - oldsterling
    71 - J T Caldwell
    72 - cloudancer03
    73 - Super08
    74 - Hab
    75 - Smashmaster
    76 - Rv7garage
    77 - Neddy191
    78 - JZHANDYMAN
    79 - Pete Lane
    80 - SIGPlanes
    81 - rcmichael
    82 - larryshobbies
    83 - skyraider71
    84 - Hawk570
    85 - hogflyer
    86 - cubcrasher
    87 - chandler_ace
    88 - Firewalkerd1
    89 - Robin A
    90 - GLGofLB
    91 - On the Deck
    92 - aircraftbuilder67
    93 - FJRrider
    94 - sdcranford
    95 - AMA 74894
    96 - W7APD Alan
    97 - Bobsrc
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140404_130106.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	1985575Sorry I couldn't be there for the photo, I was with my flying club and they decided to leave Sat morning after spending all day Friday at Toledo. I got to catch up with a lot of my friends including Bob, Mike and the gang. I was also able to get a lot of my concerns addressed. Hope my input on break in fuel works out for SIG.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    FYI - The last Bugatti crash was a radio failure after flying with the same radio set since 1996. The first wreck was a landing crash when a 1/4 scale Cub taxied out in front of it just as it was touching down -broken wing but was repaired. Crash two was after Mike and crew goaded me into one more maneuver and it went dead stick and tried to take down a phone line trying to get back to the runway, A new set of wings were built and it was in it's third life when the tx battery plug opened up. It was 16 years old at its' demise.

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Mike and Bob, thanks for that. It is nice to be able to put a face to a name. Here is a pic of me from last summer out at the field with my Cub. Not a Sig but it is a copy of Hazels Cub.

Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0065.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	1985597  
    Quote: Hey, who put that tree there?
    Ultra Sport brotherhood #125
    Sig brotherhood #73
    Cub brotherhood #226

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey Bob, I always blame the radio too.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Just want to mention that I ran into a nice bunch of guys in the Sig booth while in Toledo last weekend. I spoke to one of their reps about kits and building for about 5min. I mentioned that I learned to fly with an old Cadet and asked about a few of the newer models. After a few moments he realized the two kids standing near by were with me. He asked if they flew RC and a few other questions. Then then he provided AMA Cub kit (small rubber powered model) for each of them. I was not sure how this would rate with two pre-teen boys with all the flash of light systems, jets, tanks, and everything else. It turns out we were in a hurry to get home and build the kits from that point on. They were assembled and set to dry that night. Test and trimming flights on Sunday went well and were lots of fun. Several kids in the neighborhood were lined up to take their turn launching the models.

What fun,

Carl
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #122
    Ryan STA/STM Brotherhood #5
    P-38 Brotherhood #45
    Sig Brotherhood #101

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So Jeff, who are the to old reprobates in your picture?

Bob, so where are the pictures? I remember those old radios, I noticed that nervous tick comes back every time I do too!
    Top Flite Brotherhood # 1
    Sig Brotherhood #21
    Ryan STA/STM/SC-M/W Brotherhood # 27
    SIG Kadet Brotherhood # 89
    Cub Brotherhood #179
    Goldberg Tiger # 73
    Vice President of the not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, Warbird brotherhood
    Founder and president of the Builders Slower Than a Dead Turtle Nailed to a Fence Post Association
    My bench where you always find the weird and unusual!
    I bought a reusable kit the other day, it came with it's own large black trash bag!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Fly View Post
    Just want to mention that I ran into a nice bunch of guys in the Sig booth while in Toledo last weekend. I spoke to one of their reps about kits and building for about 5min. I mentioned that I learned to fly with an old Cadet and asked about a few of the newer models. After a few moments he realized the two kids standing near by were with me. He asked if they flew RC and a few other questions. Then then he provided AMA Cub kit (small rubber powered model) for each of them. I was not sure how this would rate with two pre-teen boys with all the flash of light systems, jets, tanks, and everything else. It turns out we were in a hurry to get home and build the kits from that point on. They were assembled and set to dry that night. Test and trimming flights on Sunday went well and were lots of fun. Several kids in the neighborhood were lined up to take their turn launching the models.

What fun,

Carl

Hey Carl! That all makes you a SIG fan - you should be a member here - and with your Kadet experiences y'need to drop over to the Kadet forum and sign-in there too. Y'er always welcome around here, as are all SIG fans.

Hey y'all, speaking of Kadets, I finally got the new radio installed in my Mk-II and she goes back on the active list as soon as the batteries charge (in other words, she flies tomorrow - - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!)
    Last edited by skylark-flier; 04-10-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Dave W. TSgt, USAF/ESC (Retired, 1968-1990)
    AMA #94881, VRCS #208; " Old-school" R/C & C/L Sport Flier, instructor
    SIG Kadet Brotherhood #69, SIG Brotherhood #109, Cub B'hood #198, Glowhead B'hood #51
    Flying field coords: 38.650863,-78.44985

FLYING is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man. LANDING is the 1st
    To a tree, balsa tastes just like chicken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Bob and MIke in the 'Hood? Awesome! Wish I could have been there with this great bunch. That photo needs to go on the SIG web site. The Tclips looks awesome. I've lost touch with the updates but don't 'we' have TWo planes doing the cross country flights. T Clips being nitro powered? Got to have one w a 4 stroke - if it will fit.
    Last edited by ThunderBoat42; 04-10-2014 at 08:47 PM.
    Bill B
    SIG Brotherhood #33
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood #109
    Piper Cub Brotherhood #200
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood #126
    Club K&B Sportster
    P51 Mustang Brotherhood #200
    Chipmunk Brotherhood #3
    Balsa builder.
    IF IT FLYS .... I LOVE IT!!!! Helicopters are a new experience!
    Micro UMX to Giant

We need a sig fly in event.there are enough of us still flying sig kitted planes it would be fun and nostogic.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'm finally back from Toledo myself. I had to take a detour up to Minnesota to aid Jim in dealing with the RC estate of Jim's brother and my best friends Mike Buzzeo (Minnflyer). It was a great time getting to meet all the Sig Brotherhood at the booth and at the show. I do have a little bit of news to spread around that Mike Gretz gave me at the show.

First up will be a great little build thread. One of my favorite little Sig planes is the Sig Wunder. I've has several and they all seem to meet the same fate, a gruesome death, mainly because they are so much fun to push the limits on. Anyway, in talking with Mike G. he put a Sig Wonder kit in my hands in exchange for a build thread here on RCU. Mike, I know that I said at the show that all of my previous Wunders have all been glow powered and that when you suggested electric I scoffed at you. But on the ride home the more I thought about it the more I thought that would be a really good idea. So I'm think that this new Wunder is going to have an electron tank in it (a.k.a. a battery) instead of a fuel tank!!!

There are some new kits heading our way as well that Mike was telling me about, but until Mike gives me the green light to talk about them I'm not sure I can spill the beans quite yet.

Ken
    The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by rcken View Post
    i'm finally back from toledo myself. I had to take a detour up to minnesota to aid jim in dealing with the rc estate of jim's brother and my best friends mike buzzeo (minnflyer). It was a great time getting to meet all the sig brotherhood at the booth and at the show. I do have a little bit of news to spread around that mike gretz gave me at the show.

First up will be a great little build thread. One of my favorite little sig planes is the sig wunder. I've has several and they all seem to meet the same fate, a gruesome death, mainly because they are so much fun to push the limits on. Anyway, in talking with mike g. He put a sig wonder kit in my hands in exchange for a build thread here on rcu. Mike, i know that i said at the show that all of my previous wunders have all been glow powered and that when you suggested electric i scoffed at you. But on the ride home the more i thought about it the more i thought that would be a really good idea. So i'm think that this new wunder is going to have an electron tank in it (a.k.a. A battery) instead of a fuel tank!!!

There are some new kits heading our way as well that mike was telling me about, but until mike gives me the green light to talk about them i'm not sure i can spill the beans quite yet.

Ken
    hurrrah! Sig rules!
    Top Flite Brotherhood # 1
    Sig Brotherhood #21
    Ryan STA/STM/SC-M/W Brotherhood # 27
    SIG Kadet Brotherhood # 89
    Cub Brotherhood #179
    Goldberg Tiger # 73
    Vice President of the not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, Warbird brotherhood
    Founder and president of the Builders Slower Than a Dead Turtle Nailed to a Fence Post Association
    My bench where you always find the weird and unusual!
    I bought a reusable kit the other day, it came with it's own large black trash bag!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudancer03 View Post
    We need a sig fly in event.there are enough of us still flying sig kitted planes it would be fun and nostogic.
    one OTHER thing Mike Gretz made us aware of is the Sig FLY IN!!! at sig field in Montezuma Iowa.
    I THINK it's the first weekend in June... getting details now and will post em.
    Jim Buzzeo AMA 74894
    P-51 Mustang Brotherhood #37
    Sig Brotherhood #95

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudancer03 View Post
    http://www.iflyherr.com/trans/2014_Sig_RC_FlyIn.pdf

First part of June in Iowa. I'm trying to get there to myself to cover the event for RCU. I also want to try to do an industry profile article about Sig as well on the company.

Ken
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ken, all good news. Also a company profile to increase exposure is a great idea.
    I talked w my LHS today about picking up the SIG planes and they agreed to do so. They are a very large full service shop. With the trend to ARF's I have commited to purchase first one and leave it in shop for exposure.

The flyin is awesome. Don't know if I can make it with Daughter's cheer camp that week. Full time Mr Mom here and no back up.
    But will try. What an awesome trip. All you guys and actually seeing the place I've seen pictures of for the last 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RCKen View Post
    http://www.iflyherr.com/trans/2014_Sig_RC_FlyIn.pdf

First part of June in Iowa. I'm trying to get there to myself to cover the event for RCU. I also want to try to do an industry profile article about Sig as well on the company.

Ken
    Last edited by ThunderBoat42; 04-11-2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: new touch screen tablet typos
    Bill B
    SIG Brotherhood #33
    Club K&B Sportster
    Chipmunk Brotherhood #3
    Balsa builder.
    Micro UMX to Giant

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBoat42 View Post
    Ken, all good news. Also a company profile to increase exposure is a great idea.
    I talked w my LHS today about picking up the SIG planes and they agreed to do so. They are a very large full service shop. With the trend to ARF's I have commited to purchase first one and leave it in shop for exposure.

The flyin is awesome. Don't know if I can make it with Daughter's cheer camp that week. Full time Mr Mom here and no back up.
    But will try. What an awesome trip. All you guys and actually seeing the place I've seen pictures of for the last 40 years.
    Bring your daughter along and we'll teach her how to fly!!!! A Sig Seniorita and a buddy box would be a great combo to teach her on!!!!

Ken
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I am seeing if I can attend too, bring my SIG planes with and get some flight time in too.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    She'll be with me if I can make it. About to build her a Kadet. I'm a slow builder though with taxiing lil chicks, home, career etc. - add in a nice day.. Flying. LOL

BTW
    I am looking for someone who can build me a modified Kadet wing with flaps and barn door ailerons for a resonable price. .business has picked up (thank goodness). And shop time is suffering.
    Last edited by ThunderBoat42; 04-11-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    Bill B
    SIG Brotherhood #33
    Club K&B Sportster
    Chipmunk Brotherhood #3
    Balsa builder.
    Micro UMX to Giant

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    It was fun meeting everyone at the Toledo show... I am in the back row about center of photo(black hat and a long beard) Looking forward to the electric wonder build as I have had 3 of them... #3 is currently flying with a X .15 Supertigre does pretty good but I think electric will be interesting......Jerry
    AMA #L179949
    IMAA #25458

SIG Brotherhood #34
    GASSER Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Again, I am sorry I couldn't stay for the photo, the photo I posted is me and my "boss" Mike from BOCA Bearings. It was great to meet up with those people at the show that I have been on the phone with for like 10 years as well as old friends like Bob (and I do mean old) from SIG.

I guess I better plan a trip in june to iowa.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Bob, got any pictures of the big Bugatti? I looked here. I don't have any.
    It WAS pretty .. even if it was jinxed.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bobsrc View Post
    FYI - The last Bugatti crash was a radio failure after flying with the same radio set since 1996. The first wreck was a landing crash when a 1/4 scale Cub taxied out in front of it just as it was touching down -broken wing but was repaired. Crash two was after Mike and crew goaded me into one more maneuver and it went dead stick and tried to take down a phone line trying to get back to the runway, A new set of wings were built and it was in it's third life when the tx battery plug opened up. It was 16 years old at its' demise.

Bob
    Mike Gretz
    SIG Mfg. Co.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Carl,

So glad to hear the boys enjoyed the AMA Cubs (aka Delta Darts). I believe it was our SIG co-owner Ron Petterec who gave the kits to the boys (busy writing up an order in this picture). Ron's a great guy.

BTW, photo by Jim T. Graham from the "other" forum RC GROUPS (can I say that here?)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by I_Fly View Post

What fun,

Carl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ron 2014 Toledo_RC Groups_1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	1986908
    Mike Gretz
    SIG Mfg. Co.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Looking forward to seeing many of you at the 40th Annual SIG R/C FLY-IN. Feel free to bring your favorite non-SIG airplanes as well. We don't discriminate. It's all about having fun.

Full details, including the advance entry form, are available here: http://www.iflyherr.com/trans/2014_Sig_RC_FlyIn.pdf

MikeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	RC Flyer Front.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	1986909
    Mike Gretz
    SIG Mfg. Co.

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast