Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

AMR 35% Super Decathlon

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

AMR 35% Super Decathlon

Old 03-18-2015, 06:39 AM
grosbeak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
Making some headway. Overall I'd say this kit is about as idiot proof as it gets. I'm very much enjoying it, although I do have to say I'm surprised at the amount of typos and mistakes in the manual there are.
You're not kidding - I'm building their Trainer 26 (my first kit - see the the build thread) and the manual could use a lot of improvement. Fortunately the guys at AMR are easy to reach for clarification. The kit has been a pleasure to build.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Hay Mpizpilot,
For the price of the kit...I would expect quality wood. Did you end up replacing all the wood...or did you make do the best you could?

I'm looking forward to pictures of your wing.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Started laying out the wing tonight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	2082359   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	2082360  
Old 03-26-2015, 07:50 AM
Mpizpilot

I'm starting to change my tune and lose patience with this kit. Besides the typos and inaccuracies in the manual, I'm finding that most of the hardware supplied with the kit is the wrong size. Mainly the socket head screws that hold all the attachement brackets for the wing struts. Very frustrating.

Last edited by Mpizpilot; 03-26-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:13 AM
grosbeak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
I'm starting to change my tune and lose patience with this kit. Besides the typos and inaccuracies in the manual, I'm not finding that most of the hardware supplied with the kit is the wrong size. Mainly the socket head screws that hold all the attachement brackets for the wing struts. Very frustrating.
Yes, I noticed inconsistencies in the supplied hardware too. I just take what I need out of the my stores and store what I don't use.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:03 AM
Mpizpilot

Originally Posted by grosbeak
Yes, I noticed inconsistencies in the supplied hardware too. I just take what I need out of the my stores and store what I don't use.
I do as well, but I had to order 1" socket head screws. I didn't have any and no hardware stores by me carried them either.