Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Best Covering For Smaller Models

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Best Covering For Smaller Models

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:13 AM
clarkflyfast
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Covering For Smaller Models

Building a 45 inch Waco.What is the best and easiest covering? I am used to Monokote. Will that be too heavy?

+
Old 04-21-2014, 12:59 PM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by clarkflyfast
Building a 45 inch Waco.What is the best and easiest covering? I am used to Monokote. Will that be too heavy?

+
45 inch isn't all that small, I'd say Monokote would be fine. Easiest, just depends on what you're used to or preference. There's that other stuff similar to monokote (can't think of it right now) but it reacts with less heat I think, if I recall correctly. It is lighter as well compared to monokote. However, it is more fit critical, as monokote shrinks up a lot more compared to the other stuff.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:03 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Monokote, Ultracote, or Solartex if you'd like a more scale-like fabric weave in the finish.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Smashmaster

Give Ultracoat a try. It is far easier to work with,and should be fine for a 45" plane.
I started with Monocoat and hated covering. Once I started using Ultracoat I actually started to like covering.