Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

What's up with TNT landing gear?

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

What's up with TNT landing gear?

Old 10-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Skip
My Feedback: (76)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry What's up with TNT landing gear?

I ordered a wing tube and socket on September 19th, paid for it and waited, and waited. When I called she said it must have been lost in the mail. She said she would send another but this is Oct 6th and I'm out money and no tube.This is very frustrating. Most of the time their phone is unanswered. What gives. I hate to be a complainer but this is very bad.We don't need a busness like this in this hobby.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Bladejunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats really strange,I ordered a set of landing gear for my Pulse 125 and recieved them i less than a week.Hope it works out for you.

Later Jim
Old 10-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Skip

Me too
Old 10-07-2014, 03:15 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My order took two weeks. I was just going to call them, and inquire, when it showed up.

My previous order was "lost in the mail", but the replacement arrived 3 days after I contacted Kathy.

A friend has a tube set on order, now. It's been at least 3 weeks. As far as I know, they have not returned his phone messages or emails.

Something is definately going on. I wish that they would let us know what it is.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have always had good luck with TNT but nothing aggravates me more then the silence. If companies could only understand how fast word gets out and just a simple email or phone call would fix the problem and bad feelings. I just went through a bunch of crap with Hobby King U.S.but in 45 minutes of talking on the phone with a lady that had a very hard time with English I got the problem straightened out. That's another big gripe, why have someone on the phone that no one can understand. The VA here does that and these people are dealing with old people that have a hard enough time when the person doesn't have an accent so thick you can cut it with a knife.
Ever phone the free number for computer service!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:52 AM
TomCrump

Silence can be a deal breaker, as communication is a key to success.

I ordered products from 3 vendors last weekend. All three were quick to communicate via email. All three shipped on Monday. Two of the three will deliver today.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Skip

I just received a wing tube from another company in 3 days. No hassles. Just a simple e-mail to explain the problem would be nice, but being ignored is really bad. What's up TNT?
Old 10-08-2014, 03:53 PM
TomCrump

Skip

For those of us who are looking for a reliable source, who is that company ?
Old 10-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Skip

An aluminum tube supplier in Wisconsin
Old 10-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Skip

Speedy metals
Old 10-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

I ordered a set of tubes and sockets from them for my Vaillantcourt Se5a. They needed to be 48" long and Vailly said TNT was his supplier. it took several emails and I finally connected by phone. Took my order and my money. They said they were busy, so I let 3 weeks go by and started checking via email about my order. Nothing. Phone was the same, just rang. I tried every day for 2 weeks and nothing, silence. So, I filed a complaint with my credit card co. to get my money back. I found no one who carried what I needed. So I bought the alum tubes from McMaster Carr and am making my own sockets . Out , $225..
Old 10-08-2014, 04:09 PM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by Skip
Speedy metals
Thanks.

Now all we need is a supplier for the phenolic sockets.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:22 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Tom, wax the aluminum tubes and wrap with epoxy saturated glass cloth. Wait a couple days and pop off the fiberglass sleeve. Lighter and wears much better then phenolic.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Skip

Just received my tube and socket. Ordered Sept 19 delivered Oct 9th. Skip
Old 10-09-2014, 04:51 PM
PT19

I have wing tube and landing gear order for three weeks now. I sure didn't want to see this post. Guess I'll start trying to call them tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:26 PM
PT19

Got my stuff today. Just like I ordered.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:39 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

I ordered a tube and socket early July. Work and life got in the way and about 4 weeks later i realized it hadnt shown up. I emailed Kathy and after waiting the rest of that week and weekend (which i suggested) she shipped out another that week. It arrived the following week.

How the post office can lose a 60" long wingtube i will never know.

I have always had good experiences with TNT, even when things took longer than expected, they made right. I purchased a dozen 1/2"x24" wing tubes and sockets in Jan. And they didnt have enough plain tubes, so they gave me a free upgrade to anodized tubes.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:33 AM
RACE 66

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the first time I have dealt with TNT, I ordered up a Carl Goldberg Extra gear, Kathy said they would have to bend one up, as they didn't have one in inventory. Talked to her I believe on a Monday, and saw it at my doorstep 11 days later with a weekend thrown in. And this was just this past week. Quality wise, looks very good, even has the stamping of the type of aluminum that was used. Thumbs up for now.

Race 66
Old 06-28-2016, 09:31 PM
NZjet

Just to bring this topic up again, another disappointed customer of TNT here, out $600 for several months and never one returned email. It seems from reading the forums that they have many "lost" packages, more like they are never sent to begin with. Never every give them your money.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:14 PM
CF105

Had a similar experience back in the spring, although for a much smaller order: a wing tube and phenolic sleeves. Waited & waited... I had some custom stuff from other manufacturers that showed up, still no wing tube. Contacted them by email; got a reply that they were at one of the big events in Florida or Georgia (I forget which event) and would check on the status of my order as soon as they got back. Another week went by with no update. Contacted them again... final word was they had shipped it, but it must have got lost in the mail, so they were shipping me a replacement.

I *did* get the wing tube finally. The sleeves though did not look like any phenolic tube I've seen before. Rolled kraft paper would be more accurate.

Anyway, way too much hassle for something as basic as an aluminum tube. Sounds like I was VERY lucky though!
Old 07-03-2016, 04:21 AM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by CF105
Had a similar experience back in the spring, although for a much smaller order: a wing tube and phenolic sleeves. Waited & waited... I had some custom stuff from other manufacturers that showed up, still no wing tube. Contacted them by email; got a reply that they were at one of the big events in Florida or Georgia (I forget which event) and would check on the status of my order as soon as they got back. Another week went by with no update. Contacted them again... final word was they had shipped it, but it must have got lost in the mail, so they were shipping me a replacement.

I *did* get the wing tube finally. The sleeves though did not look like any phenolic tube I've seen before. Rolled kraft paper would be more accurate.

Anyway, way too much hassle for something as basic as an aluminum tube. Sounds like I was VERY lucky though!
I don't think that you were lucky. You experience has become typical, for this supplier. They aren't crooks, but they are slow. Eventually, the product does arrive.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:47 AM
RagwingFan
My Feedback: (31)

Just sharing

I ordered wing tubes and sockets on April 29, 2016. They arrived on May 9, 2016. So its not Tower Hobbies instant gratification type shipping but I was fine knowing there were 2 weekends in there.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

I've probably ordered from TnT two dozen times or so. Always good follow up if I contact them and usually about 2 weeks or so for a custom order. Not overly speedy service but certainly dependable and never a complaint about the products received. I know the owner has been fighting back from some ongoing serious health issues. I'm thankful he has maintained a good attitude through the ordeal and has managed to keep the doors open. There are few remaining companies like TNT so I hope they are around for many more years.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:53 PM
kjkavaney
My Feedback: (72)

Good to know Tom is struggling with health issues which is why the delays..bummer for him of course......I have had a custom order now for about 2 months with no return calls...no idea on status..but I suspect this company is struggling...too bad they are not just being transparent on their issues...we would all understand that and accept it rather than the silence I have been experiencing...
Hopefully I will eventually get my custom landing gear and the health of those at TNT will improve...
kevin
Old 03-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

I just received yet another excellent custom LG from TnT. It took a bit longer than I would have liked but there was a mix up about the payment that was resolved when I called back in. Communications have always been good when I email or call. I will continue to order from TnT and I'm thankful they are still around to fill the order. I just factor in that it will take a bit of time when there is a custom order. Stock orders are usually filled in a timely manner. There are so few of this kind of company left to supply us. Remember, we're not dealing with Amazon.com here with thousands of vendors ready to fill the order. We're dealing with one man who makes each part individually.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.