Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Thrust line & Center line on firewall..

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Thrust line & Center line on firewall..

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:37 PM
jeff4912

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thrust line & Center line on firewall..

I am building a Sig 4Star 60 and am ready to mark the mounting points for the engine.

The instructions say to lay the firewall on the building plans and mark the thrust line and center line on the firewall which creates a cross on the firewall.

My question: does the intersection of the thrust and center line show where the prop shaft should line up as the center of thrust?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thrust line

Originally Posted by jeff4912

I am building a Sig 4Star 60 and am ready to mark the mounting points for the engine.

The instructions say to lay the firewall on the building plans and mark the thrust line and center line on the firewall which creates a cross on the firewall.

My question: does the intersection of the thrust and center line show where the prop shaft should line up as the center of thrust?
jeff4912,

The simple answer is YES.

Note that there is no such a thing as ' the center of thrust '.
Thrust is a line of action; not a point, not a center.

Zor
Old 11-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think he wants to know if that's the center of prop shaft and it is. It is also used to set off sets if there is any on the fire wall, right thrust and down thrust. Check your plans to see if any is recommended. often the down thrust is built in when the fire wall is installed, right thrust can be done by cocking the engine to the right on the mount before drilling it for the bolts.

Leroy