Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Where have all the builders gone

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Where have all the builders gone

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 01:19 PM
TOPGUN WINNER
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The FAA is all about POWER to the Government. The Democratic Party of which I was a member has become all for Government Control. Read the book "ATLAS SHRUGGED" BY Ann Rand WRITTEN IN 1953 about our Government today. Required reading for all Ivey League Colleges in Business Programs. They also have the Movie in three parts on Amazon.

If the FAA enforced the rules they have today, the drone problem would go away. (I FLY DRONES) i BELIEVE WE WILL GO BACK TO THE 1940'S. IF YOU WANT TO FLY, YOU WILL DESIGN AND BUILD YOUR OWN IF YOU CAN GET THE MATERIAL.

We need to step up and protect our rights. Take the Power away from greedy and corrupt Politicians. Leave the AMA alone and we will do a great job of Governing our hobby as we have since I was born 1934 the birth of AMA. A few Idiots are going to shut us down for Political reasons.

Our hobby builds intelligence, teamwork, responsibility, leadership, important technical advancements, provides employment, lifestyles andd the list goes on...Think about your life and how you have been affected for the better. Back the AMA 125% and vote out the Power Hungry Politicians that want the Government to become a Dictatorship.

I have taught several hundred people how to build and fly model airplanes over my 74 years in the hobby. I hate to see it being destroyed for all the wrong reasons.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:41 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Just a thought, the AMA's latest bulletin drumming up comments on new proposed FAA rules, mentions that manufacturers may be affected by new rules governing our hobby If this is true do you think its the just the ARF/RTF manufacturers that will be affected or will kit manufacturers take the hit too? And if only the ARF/RTF companies are affected do you see a renewed interest in kit manufacturing?
Any that makes any Money or any compensation the FAA says they have to do it under the new part 107 and if U violate any CBO/AMA rules U will be prosecuted under the Federal Aviation Regs ... That's why it is so important to comment ans tell them thea their interpretation of #336 is all wrong.

It would behove every one to READ the NPRM and comment get your family and friends ... If U don't u can KISS your R/C flying as U know it good buy.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:49 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by TOPGUN WINNER
The FAA is all about POWER to the Government. The Democratic Party of which I was a member has become all for Government Control. Read the book "ATLAS SHRUGGED" BY Ann Rand WRITTEN IN 1953 about our Government today. Required reading for all Ivey League Colleges in Business Programs. They also have the Movie in three parts on Amazon.

If the FAA enforced the rules they have today, the drone problem would go away. (I FLY DRONES) i BELIEVE WE WILL GO BACK TO THE 1940'S. IF YOU WANT TO FLY, YOU WILL DESIGN AND BUILD YOUR OWN IF YOU CAN GET THE MATERIAL.

We need to step up and protect our rights. Take the Power away from greedy and corrupt Politicians. Leave the AMA alone and we will do a great job of Governing our hobby as we have since I was born 1934 the birth of AMA. A few Idiots are going to shut us down for Political reasons.

Our hobby builds intelligence, teamwork, responsibility, leadership, important technical advancements, provides employment, lifestyles andd the list goes on...Think about your life and how you have been affected for the better. Back the AMA 125% and vote out the Power Hungry Politicians that want the Government to become a Dictatorship.

I have taught several hundred people how to build and fly model airplanes over my 74 years in the hobby. I hate to see it being destroyed for all the wrong reasons.

Absolutely If U expect to continue get busy and comment responsibly and intelligently on the NPRM or give up R/C as U know it.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:19 PM
TOPGUN WINNER

Hound dog you are 100% correct !!!! I will go through the proposed law and pick it apart. When that happens i will post my letter to the ama.

At one time i was a heavy hitter...today i am a nobody. However, i did receive a 4.0 gpa in law and i aced the bar exam for contract law..

When i finish, we all need to send the same message to the ama and let them understand what the government is doing and why.

This is the beginning of the end if we do not stand together and take back our country. The communist party has ruled for 6 years.

Ask russia and putin has already gave a speech on communist america...true
Old 03-18-2015, 05:35 PM
HoundDog

Hound dog you are 100% correct !!!! I will go through the proposed law and pick it apart. When that happens i will post my letter to the ama.

At one time i was a heavy hitter...today i am a nobody. However, i did receive a 4.0 gpa in law and i aced the bar exam for contract law..

When i finish, we all need to send the same message to the ama and let them understand what the government is doing and why.

This is the beginning of the end if we do not stand together and take back our country. The communist party has ruled for 6 years.

Ask russia and putin has already gave a speech on communist america...true

I hope that this isn't considered Political but the front running democratic candidate is little different in her Psephology and goals. The real problem is that the majority of voters do not understand. This NPRM is only the tip of the Ice Burg. If they can regulate TOYs they will attempt to regulate every aspect of our lives. And U/We/Me aren't going to like it. Younger people won't care because it will have always been that way when they grow up.Again we must band together and fight this NPRM as written.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:19 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
TS-UK, I'm wishing you the best of luck with the Uproar. Hope you get some good pics too - I'd love to see her in the air.
Yesterday was a superb day for flying once the fog had cleared. It was the nicest day of the year so far and resulted in a grand turn out at the flying field. After carefully preparing the Uproar, its maiden flight lasted only a few seconds. It took off but once airborne it was totally uncontrollable. I dumped it into the field behind the club house, fortunately just missing the row of parked cars. The undercarriage came off in the crash but otherwise damage was limited to a broken prop. I thought that the problem was a rearward c of g but a couple of the cognoscenti noted that I had managed to glue the tailplane to the fuselage in such a way that the leading edge was much higher than the trailing edge giving the effect of lots of down elevator!

It was suggested that I chock the model on top of a table so that the leading and trailing edge of the wing are level, then measure the difference in height between the leading and trailing edge of the tailplane and adjust accordingly. Well it's easy to type! I recall having had this problem in the past but thought I had cured it. Maybe all I will have to do is move the tailplane forward in its seat. That should push the leading edge downwards. Otherwise, the engine is a real screaming demon and blew the Irvine Mouse off the tailpipe. If I want to continue to use the engine, I'll have to fit a more effective silencer. I also seem to have a fuel leak somewhere probably just a pin hole in the feed pipe. On a more positive note, that tiny rudder is very effective on the ground! Oh well, very character-building!

Fortunately I had brought the old Penn Models Super Sixty with me, pictures below. I had glued the firewall back into place using that stinky Poundland five minute epoxy! The engine started first whizz of the starter. That Indian bloke I bought it off really knows how to set up an engine! I managed three uneventful flights. On the second and third flights having exhausted its limited aerobatic capabilities (and mine!) I got it to a moderate altitude and contented myself with trying to fly accurate horizontal figures of eight just using the left-hand stick. I.e, if I wanted to climb I'd increase the throttle, to descend I would reduce it, to control direction I used the rudder sometimes having to use opposite rudder or "top rudder" to increase the diameter of the circle or to prevent it from descending into a spiral dive. Very interesting. I was thinking of selling it but I think I'll hold on to it after all. I may even treat it to a fuselage re-cover next winter.

Must close, get some breakfast and help the neighbour to dump his asbestos roof!

Happy Landings Gentlemen!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Penn Models Super Sixty.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	2082382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Penn Models Super Sixty (4).JPG
Views:	144
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	2082383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Super 60 Squadron 3.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	2082384  
Old 03-19-2015, 04:50 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

That's a great looking pair of airplanes there!
Old 03-19-2015, 05:57 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Hound and Topgun, I agree wholeheartedly with what you both say, but in order to keep this thread alive and away from moderator control, lets chill on the politics a bit. I'm with you guys all the way and hate how our country has turned toward the darkside, but I have also seen this talk turn a decent thread into a deleted one.

The main with the FAA rulings, Drone catagorization needs to be defined better. To me a drone is a remote controlled aircraft used either for surveillance, commercial videography, military target practice, or military airstrikes, controlled via a video monitor outside the line of sight. Our RC planes, which we fly line of sight, should not be in the same category. This puts FPV into that gray area that this ruling is all about.

FPV is cool, but dangerous. Anyone with a credit card can now go online and order a full FPV drone, and fly it anywhere disregarding all FAA and AMA guidelines, and that is where the real problem lies. All it will take to completely shut all of us down is one idiot taking down an airliner with a little quadcopter, whether it was intentional or not. There have been videos posted on youtube of video taken from a quad in the approach of an airport. If one of these gets sucked into a jet engine on landing or takeoff, when a plane is the most vulnerable, it can destroy the engine and that plane will most likely crash, possibly killing all on board. Flight 191 in Chicago is one I will never forget, a DC10 that lost, literally, an engine on takeoff, went down and killed all on board. I saw the fireball from my bedroom window when I was 10 YO.

This is what needs to be corrected, how they will do it I dont know, but needs to be done before it destroys all of our hobby.

Now back you your regularly scheduled postings.

Tele, glad to hear you were able to save the plane. That is a bad feeling when the plane takes off and you are struggling to get it into a somewhat controlled flight. My P-51 ARF was like that, lots of down on it, I literally had to use both hands on the right stick to get it leveled off.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:44 AM
HoundDog

[QUOTE=acdii;12005835]Hound and Topgun, I agree wholeheartedly with what you both say, but in order to keep this thread alive and away from moderator control, lets chill on the politics a bit.

Of course U are compleatly correct ... Roger Tower WILCO sorry
Old 03-19-2015, 06:46 AM
HoundDog

Darn RCU ate my big long reply to acdii OH well the dog used to eat my home work too.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:02 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

LOL Been there done that, but blamed the cat instead.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:21 AM
FlyerInOKC

I blame it on both dogs fighting over it.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:56 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

You are correct...big brother is watching. It is not about the ama...it is about "drones"...i can not tell you what i have found out today.

I now know what it is really about and we can not and will not talk about it.

Hey , lets go fly and talk about airplanes while we still can.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:27 PM
MTK

Originally Posted by HoundDog
...............eDIT........ in her Psephology and .......................eDIT.
A rather interesting term. I was born and raised in Greece and am fluent in Greek. I've never seen this word before but it bears a passing resemblence to many others. There are two possibilities for the front piece "Psepho" ..........

What does the word mean? 'Splain it to me pleez.

BTW- where is the moderator of this column hiding? It sounds like the topic has changed slightly, NO? Or is it only a few folks practicing politics while the rest of us get, well, you know?

Last edited by MTK; 03-19-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:36 PM
f16man

They will take my gun and tx out of my cold dead hands!!!!!! The last scratch build was a 1/8 scale shovel nose hydroplane with a CMB 67... talk about power holy moly.........

Last edited by f16man; 03-19-2015 at 01:42 PM. Reason: brain fa@rt
Old 03-19-2015, 04:32 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by MTK
A rather interesting term. I was born and raised in Greece and am fluent in Greek. I've never seen this word before but it bears a passing resemblence to many others. There are two possibilities for the front piece "Psepho" ..........

What does the word mean? 'Splain it to me pleez.

BTW- where is the moderator of this column hiding? It sounds like the topic has changed slightly, NO? Or is it only a few folks practicing politics while the rest of us get, well, you know?
Psephology It's the way Politicians think all screwed up it was supposed to be Philosophy but my spell checkers print is so small I sometimes pick the wrong item and don't catch it because isn't underlined. thanks for bringing it to my attention but really here is what Wickkey says about Psephology I trust this will satisfy the situation. Thanks for caring.

[h=1]Psephology[/h]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[TABLE="class: metadata plainlinks ambox ambox-content ambox-multiple_issues compact-ambox, width: 1"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mbox-image, align: center"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: mbox-text"][TABLE="class: collapsible, width: 236"]
[TR]
[TH]This article has multiple issues. Please helpimprove it or discuss these issues on the talk page.[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="class: metadata plainlinks ambox ambox-content ambox-Refimprove"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mbox-text"]This article needs additional citations forverification. (September 2013)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: metadata plainlinks ambox ambox-content ambox-Original_research"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mbox-text"]This article possibly contains original research. (November 2010)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: vertical-navbox nowraplinks plainlist, width: 22"]
[TR]
[TD]Part of the Politics series[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Elections[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Basic types[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Terminology[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Subseries[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Lists[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="class: vertical-navbox nowraplinks, width: 311"]
[TR]
[TH]Elections by country[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: hlist"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Electoral calendars for 2015[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: hlist"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Related[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Politics portal[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Psephology /sɨˈfɒləi/ (from Greek psephos ψῆφος,

Psephology/sɨˈfɒləi/ (from Greek psephos ψῆφος, 'pebble', which the Greeks used as ballots) is a branch of political science which deals with the study andscientific analysis of elections. Psephology uses historical precinct voting data, public opinion polls,campaign finance information and similar statistical data. The term was coined in the United Kingdom in 1952 by the historian R. B. McCallum to describe the scientific analysis of past elections.
[h=2]Contents[/h] [hide]

[h=2]Applications[edit][/h]Psephology is a division of political science that deals with the examination as well as the statistical analysis of elections and polls. Those people who practice psephology are called as psephologists. A few of the major tools that are used by a psephologist are historical precinct voting data, campaign finance information, and other related data. Public opinion polls also play an important role in psephology. Psephology also has various applications specifically in analysing the results of election returns for current indicators, as opposed to predictive purposes. For instance, theGallagher Index measures the disproportionality of an election.
Degrees in psephology are not offered (instead, a psephologist might have a degree in political science). Knowledge of demographics, statistics, and politics are required of psephologists.
[h=2]Notable psephologists[edit][/h]Main article: List of psephologists
Notable psephologists include Australia's Antony Green[SUP][1][/SUP] and Malcolm Mackerras (who devised theMackerras Pendulum); and Americans Michael Barone, who has published The Almanac of American Politicsbiennially since 1972, Nate Silver whose websiteFiveThirtyEight tracks US voting trends, Canada's Eric Grenier at threehundredeight.com, David Butler andRobert McKenzie, who co-developed the swingometer,Charlie Cook, publisher of The Cook Political Report, Indian academic Yogendra Yadav, and Curtis Gans, author of Voter Turnout in the United States, 1788-2009.[SUP][2][/SUP]
[h=2]See also[edit][/h][h=2]Further reading[edit][/h]
  • William Safire. New Political Dictionary, Random House, New York 1993.
[h=2]External links[edit][/h][TABLE="class: mbox-small plainlinks, width: 238"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mbox-image, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: mbox-text plainlist"]Look up psephologyin Wiktionary, the free dictionary.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
  • ACE Project – Comprehensive information resource for Electoral Design and Administration. Includes much comparative data on elections and electoral systems
  • 'Psephos' Dr. Adam Carr's Elections Archive
  • International IDEA – International Organisation providing (amongst other things) statistical analysis of elections and electoral systems
[h=2]References[edit][/h]

Categories:
Old 03-19-2015, 04:32 PM
HoundDog

Double post Sorry
Old 03-19-2015, 07:36 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

TS-UK, any landing you can walk away from is a good one - or so the saying goes. You're still intact (if a bit frazzled), the plane's intact - all's well with the world. I'm glad you both survived. It'll get better.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Thanks SF! We've been blessed with some fine flying weather once the mist has cleared over the past couple of days. To get back on the horse, I flew this yesterday afternoon.

It's a Chris Foss Acrowot which I've finished in RAF Training Command colours. Powered by an OS 61 SF it's about as fast as I can handle without crashing! What a superb engine that OS is! Starts first flick, throttles beautifully and extremely powerful. I have two of them and am kicking myself for not having bought a third fitted into a Dave Smith pattern ship on sale at the local model shop for £70. Mind you, that model was covered overall in red and white checks so orientation may have been difficult! I was trying out a more effective silencer for the first time yesterday and it worked very well requiring no adjustments to the carburettor. Being a Chris Foss design , the Acrowot has a very wide speed envelope so all of my landings were landings and not arrivals. As they say in the RAF, the difference between a landing and an arrival is that you can walk away from a landing....

I have many domestic commitments over the next couple of days but Sunday looks like an excellent flying day. I doubt that I'll have time to sort out the Uproar by then but I might be able to maiden the BE2. I only need bind the receiver and fit the fuel tank and engine.

Name:	Acrowot.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	2082623  
Old 03-20-2015, 06:44 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

Originally Posted by mattnew
builder here, what are you really looking for?

If i post a build thread, i'll get 15 people following it and 2 people commenting, one of those will be trying to learn something new, the other will bill telling me i'm doing it wrong :-)

i love to build, i love to post threads that people can learn from, since while i'm relatively young compared to the hobby average, i've probably been in the hobby longer than most and have learned a thing or two that i'd love to pass on if possible. That being said, i'm not seeing people clamoring for build information on this site... If that were different i'd probably post a lot more on what i'm working on...

Current bench, cap232 and top flite se5a restoration
[attach=config]2066000[/attach][attach=config]2065999[/attach]
people do not believe everything they read...and they shouldn't. Why? Because people do not know what they don't know.

Example: How do you adjust a walbro carb? Hundreds of posts all different. Some work, some don't. There is only one "best" way.

The best way takes less than two minutes, picks up 1,000 rpm and never runs lean. Is that exactly what we are all looking for?

By the way: Looks like you are working on two of my favorite aircraft...good job.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:01 AM
TOPGUN WINNER

Originally Posted by telemaster sales uk
yesterday was a superb day for flying once the fog had cleared. It was the nicest day of the year so far and resulted in a grand turn out at the flying field. After carefully preparing the uproar, its maiden flight lasted only a few seconds. It took off but once airborne it was totally uncontrollable. I dumped it into the field behind the club house, fortunately just missing the row of parked cars. The undercarriage came off in the crash but otherwise damage was limited to a broken prop. I thought that the problem was a rearward c of g but a couple of the cognoscenti noted that i had managed to glue the tailplane to the fuselage in such a way that the leading edge was much higher than the trailing edge giving the effect of lots of down elevator!

it was suggested that i chock the model on top of a table so that the leading and trailing edge of the wing are level, then measure the difference in height between the leading and trailing edge of the tailplane and adjust accordingly. Well it's easy to type! I recall having had this problem in the past but thought i had cured it. Maybe all i will have to do is move the tailplane forward in its seat. That should push the leading edge downwards. Otherwise, the engine is a real screaming demon and blew the irvine mouse off the tailpipe. If i want to continue to use the engine, i'll have to fit a more effective silencer. I also seem to have a fuel leak somewhere probably just a pin hole in the feed pipe. On a more positive note, that tiny rudder is very effective on the ground! Oh well, very character-building!

fortunately i had brought the old penn models super sixty with me, pictures below. I had glued the firewall back into place using that stinky poundland five minute epoxy! The engine started first whizz of the starter. That indian bloke i bought it off really knows how to set up an engine! I managed three uneventful flights. On the second and third flights having exhausted its limited aerobatic capabilities (and mine!) i got it to a moderate altitude and contented myself with trying to fly accurate horizontal figures of eight just using the left-hand stick. I.e, if i wanted to climb i'd increase the throttle, to descend i would reduce it, to control direction i used the rudder sometimes having to use opposite rudder or "top rudder" to increase the diameter of the circle or to prevent it from descending into a spiral dive. Very interesting. I was thinking of selling it but i think i'll hold on to it after all. I may even treat it to a fuselage re-cover next winter.

must close, get some breakfast and help the neighbour to dump his asbestos roof!

happy landings gentlemen!

[attach=config]2082382[/attach][attach=config]2082383[/attach][attach=config]2082384[/attach]
maybe i can help:my friend just lost a beautiful scale ryan sta. The elevator was glued in without checking the incidence. It was pointing down by at least 8 degrees.(opposite of yours) i know you will correct that in the future.

First flight: Throttle half open / trim for hands off level flight / open throttle to full and see what happens. The aircraft should not climb or dive. If it climbs put some down thrust on your engine using washers on top of the motor mount
if it dives put some washers under the bottom of your engine mount for up thrust. Re-trim and do it again until it stays perfectly level

that will help you with inverted flight and aileron rolls. On landings you control airspeed with elevators and altitude with throttle.

Not telling you what you are doing wrong. Just figured nobody ever told you that....
Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

maybe i can help:my friend just lost a beautiful scale ryan sta. The elevator was glued in without checking the incidence. It was pointing down by at least 8 degrees.(opposite of yours) i know you will correct that in the future.

First flight: Throttle half open / trim for hands off level flight / open throttle to full and see what happens. The aircraft should not climb or dive. If it climbs put some down thrust on your engine using washers on top of the motor mount
if it dives put some washers under the bottom of your engine mount for up thrust. Re-trim and do it again until it stays perfectly level

that will help you with inverted flight and aileron rolls. On landings you control airspeed with elevators and altitude with throttle.

Not telling you what you are doing wrong. Just figured nobody ever told you that....
Thanks for the trimming tip TW, but in the event, i.e, on the maiden "flight," I didn't have enough time to trim anything! The model was totally unstable! Having consulted the plan I find that the tail incidence is all wrong and rectifying the situation will involve major surgery to the rear fuselage and three dimensional jig-saw puzzling but it's not something which is beyond my capabilities. . Although I'm sure that the c of g is in the correct position, others have suggested bringing it forward a bit. That could involve fitting a bigger engine. Mmmm....

For today however, I am planning to devote time to fitting an engine into the BE2. Perfect flying conditions for a lightly loaded biplane are forecast for tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:13 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Reluctant to post much about the BE2 on this thread as it's about builders and I didn't build the model! Somebody else built it from a Practical Scale kit and covered it in dyed silk. I bought it as part of a bereavement sale. Suffice it to say that I spent much of the weekend fettling the BE2 and hours at the flying field making the final adjustments, but I did have a brief flight with it in perfect conditions before bringing it into a landing where the model nosed over. No damage done but it will require 6-8 ozs of lead under the engine before I take it up again. Oh and it will have to be a calm day too.

A few pictures attached for you to look at. I regret that I did not manage to get one with the engine running and the smoke emitting from the custom exhaust, over the top of the upper wing in true BE2 style! Neither did I get one of it in flight. My colleagues were very effusive in their admiration of the aircraft. I am in the process of making an identical model which I hope will look better than this one. For a fuller summary of the weekend's events, please visit Donnyman's thread, "Old Timers Look Here...)

PS. I got the overalls cheap because the British Government prefers to import coal rather than to employ British miners to get our own coal out.

Name:	BE2e (1).JPG
Views:	152
Size:	346.2 KB
ID:	2083580   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2e (2).JPG
Views:	184
Size:	352.8 KB
ID:	2083581   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2e (5).JPG
Views:	168
Size:	351.3 KB
ID:	2083582   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2e.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	2083583  
Old 03-23-2015, 06:30 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
Reluctant to post much about the BE2 on this thread as it's about builders and I didn't build the model! Somebody else built it from a Practical Scale kit and covered it in dyed silk. I bought it as part of a bereavement sale. Suffice it to say that I spent much of the weekend fettling the BE2 and hours at the flying field making the final adjustments, but I did have a brief flight with it in perfect conditions before bringing it into a landing where the model nosed over. No damage done but it will require 6-8 ozs of lead under the engine before I take it up again. Oh and it will have to be a calm day too.

A few pictures attached for you to look at. I regret that I did not manage to get one with the engine running and the smoke emitting from the custom exhaust, over the top of the upper wing in true BE2 style! Neither did I get one of it in flight. My colleagues were very effusive in their admiration of the aircraft. I am in the process of making an identical model which I hope will look better than this one. For a fuller summary of the weekend's events, please visit Donnyman's thread, "Old Timers Look Here...)

PS. I got the overalls cheap because the British Government prefers to import coal rather than to employ British miners to get our own coal out.

Hey Never be skeptical about Posting Pictures of anything that flys ... I saw a guy fly a Toilet (LUE) seat yesterday wish I had gotten My Camera out .....
Old 03-23-2015, 01:07 PM
FlyerInOKC

I'm with Hound Dog when it comes to pictures!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.