Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Winter, Burrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Winter, Burrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 10:13 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what my flying weather's been lately. The date in the pic is not correct, camera has a glitch and cannot change it. This was taken last week with my HZ Super Cub and an 808 camera.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jerry, that looks about how our place in Calif. looked every winter. Wasn't bad once we got out of the drive. Our driveway was a mile long and had one short but steep hill and once in a while people would get stuck in that spot. Today the sun is out and a breeze is up. I haven't been outside yet so don't know how warm it is.
When my buddy in NY was still flying he got a set of skies for his plane and gave that a try, he really enjoyed it.
That plane camera combo really takes a good photo, nice and clear.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:46 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Snow was wet then froze hard on top, so I didn't need skiis, but I've got them waiting if we ever get a dry snow around here. Still cold here, but a lot of the snow is gone now, except for my driveway and 6" deep in the upper valleys on my roof. I got a new Go-Pro for Christmas, but the HZ Cub can't quite handle it and I didn't feel like getting my glow planes out. That's the nice thing about electrics, I get everything ready while inside and just go out and fly. Then come back inside to change batteries and get warm! Soon as it warms up a bit, I'll have the Go-pro mounted to my 1/4 scale Cub.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:28 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Its 26 right now, but windy, so more like 14. yuck. Really wanting to move south. Any good flying fields down around Austin TX?
Old 02-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We have a lot of guys here on RCU from Texas, Rick Stubbs is in Texas but I have never been there and not exactly sure where he is located. It is kind of a big state. For flying sites, you can look them up on the AMA site. I know it has been cold, wet and windy where Rick is located.
The breeze has quit here and turned into a pretty nice day, should be warming back up again by the end of the week. I'm hoping it will get back up to the record highs again but my wife keeps reminding me it's still mid winter. I prefer early summer though.