Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

original great planes PT-40 kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

original great planes PT-40 kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 01:29 PM
JPower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default original great planes PT-40 kit

I need help!!! I started to build a great planes pt40 original kit about 27 years ago or so. At least it seems like it. I was overtaken by life and it went missing in my parents storage . I just started flying this year at 48. My son was cleaning out my parents storage and found the plane. It is missing the servo mount area the rudder and some other stuff. I started way back when and built the wing without ailerons and lots of dihedral. Part of the wing is broken. The trailing edge and some ribs. I would like to finish this kit as i am actually flying and it would be nostalgic to me to be able to
finally finish and fly what i started all those years ago. I am wondering if any of you have the plans and assembly manual for one of these original pt 40s. I see on greatplanes website you can get the plans and such for the newer Mark II version but running a search through this and other sites i find that the original plans for the first kit are unavailable as is the manual. From what i gather the mark 2 has engineering improvements and to me is probably not structurally or dimensionally the same as the original. It is said that the wing is different. It would be kind of like trying to put parts from a classic 737 onto a next gen 737. The model number is the same but the planes are totally different. I would like to build a different wing in an aileron configuration, as well as restore the non aileron wing i have. Does anybody on this forum know where i can get a set of original plans and assembly manual? I need to make a lot of stuff that is not there and also need to make some ribs and wingtips and rudder and elevator for what i do have as well as cut pushrods and other internal stuff. Any help or direction would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Jack Power
Roy, WA
AMA 1071864
Old 07-23-2015, 01:31 PM
JPower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry. I forgot. The easiest way to get a hold of me is thru my email. [email protected]
Im new at posting so hopefully i can get back to this thread. Thanks
Old 07-23-2015, 01:34 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

http://www.greatplanes.com/manuals/discontinued.html

This is a good place to start.

David
Old 07-30-2015, 01:01 PM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a link to the original PT-40 article that appeared in RCM magazine years ago, before Great Planes stated kitting the airplanes I believe. The link above will get you the PDF version of the production manual for the original design. There is a thread on RC Groups that has lots of PDF versions of RCM plans for free. I tried looking for it but it's over 100 pages long and I ran out of time.

Hope this gets you started. I'll e-mail you the images as well.

Brian

http://pulling-gz.blogspot.com/2012/...series-pt.html
Old 07-31-2015, 06:29 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you need plans, they can be ordered from here:

[email protected]