Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Kwik Cote?

Old 01-26-2017, 09:47 AM
flybyjohn
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Kwik Cote?

I am getting ready to finish my ultra sport 60 and came across two rolls of this (Kwik Cote) in an old box of covering from an old modeler. I was thinking of using one of the rolls for some trim on my model but tried to look it up and cannot find anything about it. Does anybody know what the temperature rating is on it and if it would be suitable as a trim covering. At first glance I thought it was a roll of coverite 21st-century film but I found another role that had Kwik Cote written on the tape that keeps it from unrolling. It is not rolled up on cardboard tube but rather rolled up on a flat piece of cardboard about the diameter that a roll would be. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:19 PM
flybyjohn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well it must be older then the oldest modelers here. I will give it a test on some scraps and see just how it behaves.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:42 PM
yankee samurai
My Feedback: (175)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not sure but I believe it was put out by Hobby Shack(Hobby People) many years ago. It is a low temp covering.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:09 AM
flybyjohn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks yankee. It feels pretty stretchy, kind of a rubbery feel.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:21 PM
blvdbuzzard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Kwik cote, flight kote, tower kote and a few others were all the same with different stickers. They were a lot like Econo-kote. Low temp, stretchy works well on foam. The stuff I had sagged a lot in the sun.

Buzz.