Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Eindecker wing wires

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Eindecker wing wires

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 08:02 PM
halflight
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eindecker wing wires

any suggestion as what to use for wing wires on my Eindecker
Old 02-03-2017, 08:20 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your wire rigging is just for looks make it out of black elastic thread. I did the flying wires on my Elder 40 using the elastic thread and it makes for very easy set up at the field and gives the look. I have also used the elastic thread for fax tail wires on many of my smaller (1/5th scale and smaller) Piper Cubs. However, if the wires are functional, elastic thread isn't going to help!
Old 02-05-2017, 04:47 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A lot depends on how you want to fly your Eindecker. If you expect to do even mild aerobatics you need functional wires both top and bottom. Something of this nature http://shop.balsausa.com/category_s/141.htm
If you are going to just fly circles, do touch and goes, etc. then most any other type of material can simulate the wires. I used black fishing line. That was fine for about the first 20 flights with mild aerobatics. After that the wing started flexing and i had to stop. The plan is to add functional wires before spring.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:27 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

halflight started a thread, http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-...eindecker.html. Doesn't say whether the 40 or 90. Aren't those standard semi-scale sport planes where wing wire bracing would only have to be cosmetic and not structural?