Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Wendell Hostetler Bonanza Build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Wendell Hostetler Bonanza Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 12:45 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

They do look great!
Old 10-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
They do look great!
I'm chompin' at the bit to start the Cherokee. But I still need the short kit, Strip and sheet wood, ignition system for the engine, wheels/brakes, lights and an assortment of odds and ends.

Unfortunately the wifes car and the house Air Conditioner had other ideas. With luck I'll start gluing this winter. Hopefully before the 1st of the year.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:17 PM
FlyerInOKC

I'm getting a new knee installed next month I plan on building while I recuperate.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:54 AM
Appowner
Banned

I'm getting a new knee installed next month I plan on building while I recuperate.
Good luck to you.

I thought I'd build while recuperating from Cancer. It's been 5 years since the year long treatment ended and I'm still recovering. Have I built anything? Not really. I've tinkered some but finished nothing. Still suffering from some side effects of treatment.

If the cancer don't kill you. The cure just might!

Last edited by Appowner; 10-05-2018 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:01 AM
FlyerInOKC

I know what you mean I had a second cousin that went through over 3 years of chemo back in the late 60s early 70s. She finally beat it but the cure almost killed her. I like to think the chemo drugs now are better. Either way I don't want to find out. I want the robotic assisted procedure so I won't get my knee until late November. If it lowers the recovery time its worth the weight.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:31 AM
Appowner
Banned

I know what you mean I had a second cousin that went through over 3 years of chemo back in the late 60s early 70s. She finally beat it but the cure almost killed her. I like to think the chemo drugs now are better. Either way I don't want to find out. I want the robotic assisted procedure so I won't get my knee until late November. If it lowers the recovery time its worth the weight.
Cancer treatment can suck. But it beats the alternative! There were 4 of us at Walter Reed with the same exact cancer receiving the same exact chemo. And it hit us all differently. My problem was the radiation. Colon cancer so they shot it in through my back. Ended up frying some nerves. But it didn't show for almost a year later when in the course of a month I lost the use of my legs in March of 2014. Neurology worked for 5 months on me. In addition to Walter Reed we had NIH and Johns Hopkins all working the case. While the condition is known, it's so rare there's no data on it and no treatment protocols. One treatment they tried ran one million dollars. So after 5 months neurology gave up and declared me wheel chair bound. I asked for a referral to physical therapy. Thinking of making the most of what muscle control I had left. My legs were looking like those from a 12 year old anorexic girl. Sept 2014 I rolled into PT. Aug 2015 I walked out. A cute 27 year old blond therapist helped. Since then I've continued to improve all be it slowly. I need braces on my ankles and I keep a cane handy. But I am mobile. I can drive again and even ride the Harley. Bending and kneeling still pose a bit of a problem. I get down easy enough. Just might not get back up without help. Makes a lot of things at a flying field difficult so for now I'm sticking to park flyer types. But I have a Hostetler Cherokee I'm gathering the pieces for. My retirement build.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:35 AM
FlyerInOKC

Yeah, I think the older you get the easier it is to get down and harder to get up off your knees!
Old 10-15-2018, 04:24 AM
Appowner
Banned

Yeah, I think the older you get the easier it is to get down and harder to get up off your knees!
Probably natures way of preparing you so when they throw you in that final hole in the ground, you stay!
Old 10-15-2018, 05:37 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by Appowner
Probably natures way of preparing you so when they throw you in that final hole in the ground, you stay!
Or make it so its not worth trying!